Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givenchy

Frenkie will never show his Ajax form here, the team is too much of a mess and he isn't the player you build around. at a team like City he'll be great alongside other great players, therefor I'd sell for the right price but the problem we have is; who would the board spend the money on?

Because if it's Dani Olmo, Sterling and some other bum then we may as well keep Frenkie. sad to say but I don't trust this club to spend money anymore, even if Saudi's bought us out and we had 200mil to spend, they would still find a way to fumble it

JamDav1982

If he goes to City the team would be built by Pep for players like FDJ to succeed.

Barca could easily do that but they appear once again to go down road of a fixed way of playing where idea of 'Barca DNA' comes first.

Ten Hag built a side to get best out of FDJ and others and he was one of if not top midfielder in europe that season and that side played a lot better football than some of the shite Barca have produced in recent seasons.

Last edited:

FC433

It would be a lot better to move Busquets, Roberto, and Puig instead of FDJ. Teams need to overpay for FDJ for us to even consider their offer, that is what I think at least.

khaled_a_d

It would be a lot better to move Busquets, Roberto, and Puig instead of FDJ. Teams need to overpay for FDJ for us to even consider their offer, that is what I think at least.

How do you replace all of them? I am all for it btw.
But midfield will have only 4 players by the start of next season in such case: Gavi (17) Nico (20) Pedri (19) & FDJ (25)
I assume we can get a free player like Kamara/Zakaria/Brozovicbut we will still be at least one high level midfielder missing, and we won't get any money from the 3 departures while having big needs in attack, defense & GK

Co0ter

Normally a good poster but wrong on too many counts here re our young midfielders, everything in reality suggest they are special talents.

I dont know man. I've been watching Pedri all last season and when he's available this season. Some games he's better than others but has shown he can grow into something special. Nico and Gavi are just there. I don't see anything distinguishing them from other La Masia products in the past or even other youth players in La Liga. They look like solid squad players, and we have plenty of those already. Unless Xavi waves his magic wand and they start showing some at least intermittent impressive performances, we are in trouble .

Barcilliant

I'd sell for 90 million. Nothing less. There have been many reasons why he hasn't settled. Chaos at club, lousy managers, crap team mates, fixed idea of playing 433 etc.
De Jong will not be effective in a 433. 4231 is the way to go for him.

Zidane82

I dont know man. I've been watching Pedri all last season and when he's available this season. Some games he's better than others but has shown he can grow into something special. Nico and Gavi are just there. I don't see anything distinguishing them from other La Masia products in the past or even other youth players in La Liga. They look like solid squad players, and we have plenty of those already. Unless Xavi waves his magic wand and they start showing some at least intermittent impressive performances, we are in trouble .

Did you see Gavi the other night ?

FinBarcelonafan

I think you underestimate Gavi. The guy is seventeen and plays on very high level and doing some Messi esque moves. This could become a great one imo.

Not sure what he will become exactly, but he has potential for great things.

Obviously not saying he is next Messi, because he is not.

Barcilliant

I think you underestimate Gavi. The guy is seventeen and plays on very high level and doing some Messi esque moves. This could become a great one imo.

He will just be the next Gavi. He definitely has the potential to be the next great Barcelona midfielder. I actually like him better than Pedri.
I think we could play a 3-4-3 with Gavi, Pedri, De Jong and someone like Partey or Kessie. Busquets should be on the bench. No idea why Xavi insists in Busquets.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Nico and Gavi could become top CMs, watch more closely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans