Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

We talking accounting now? We won't sell him for 85M and we'll already have paid him like 50M at least, no?

Well, that's what I understood when you meant at a loss.

If you judge it like that then almost every player being sold in the world has been sold at a loss. You get it how that's illogical right?

fergus90

I also do think Frenkie is a bit mentally shot at Barca. I don't think him stepping into DM would suddenly transform him, I hope I'm wrong in that though.

I wouldn't complain to keep him either but if we get these performances and busquets won't be dropped you might as well use it reinforce other areas that are lacking.

malvolio

Well, that's what I understood when you meant at a loss.

If you judge it like that then almost every player being sold in the world has been sold at a loss. You get it how that's illogical right?

Just making up FFP is not my definition of good business, all this while player not providing performances to match his salary.

Every player? Many are selling for more than what they paid for. We on the other hand get players that can't adjust here and then we have to sell for less.

BusiTheKing

I don't think anyone does, but it's so beyond plausibility that Xavi drops Busquets. He's club captain and Xavi still thinks he's the best DM in the world.

He's not even had half a season yet. Nothing is "beyond plausability." I imagine he sees Busquets as a reassuring anchor point in these relatively chaotic times, which is understandable.

Let's wait and see what he figures out once we've settled a bit.

malvolio

I also do think Frenkie is a bit mentally shot at Barca. I don't think him stepping into DM would suddenly transform him, I hope I'm wrong in that though.

I wouldn't complain to keep him either but if we get these performances and busquets won't be dropped you might as well use it reinforce other areas that are lacking.

Probably this. As much as he loves the city, he should move on.

serghei

Could be. Which is why it's very important to give him a run of games there. Then we can be fine with selling him.

JamDav1982

Just making up FFP is not my definition of good business, all this while player not providing performances to match his salary.

Every player? Many are selling for more than what they paid for. We on the other hand get players that can't adjust here and then we have to sell for less.

Agree with you on that.

FDJ is not playing in way to justify his salary even if was best mid at club last season.

Either play him in way that suits or sell him as he is the one player will get big money for they can sell really.

But until then he is far more effective than shite like Busquets and get most out of him can.

fergus90

He's not even had half a season yet. Nothing is "beyond plausability." I imagine he sees Busquets as a reassuring anchor point in these relatively chaotic times, which is understandable.

Let's wait and see what he figures out once we've settled a bit.

I admire the optimism but Busquets has started every game and Xavi still waxes lyrical about him. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still starting weekly and captain in 2024. Been season after season of the same mistakes and yet nothing changes in the spine of the team.

JamDav1982

It is not about putting him DM to transform him in this system it is about improving the team.

He is never going to excel at lone DM where has to sit but that is not really the point at moment.

FinBarcelonafan

I said it in the chat, and I think I said it previously too, but it was even more obvious today: this player plays as if he is making a protest about something! He looks like a small child, dissatisfied! Just moaning and crying on the floor of a store because he doesnt get his lollipop!

I was so hopeful about him when he arrived, and I made excuses for his first games, blaming Rakitic and Vidal and Lenglet and whoever for not being on the same wavelength as him. Valverde for not playing the style I wanted. Then I pretty quickly (month or two if not weeks) realized he needed A LOT of guiding in order to ever cut it at midfield for Barcelona. I wanted him tried as a defender instead, and waited for a good coach to guide him. I always believed he was very ambitious and I still believe he has the quality and some intuition to be a GREAT player. But lately, he is clearly not good enough and he shows no signs of wanting to improve. He looks very terrible, and he also looks to sink the entire team with his bad body language and overall laziness. I do not like what I see at all, and think it is right to cash in whatever they can get this month, rather than waiting for summer.

I don't agree often with Bobo but I think this is kinda spot on with my thinking. I believe he is onto something.

Something feels wrong with DeJong now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans