Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory

He might have been shoehorned into every position but never in the system that made him shine as a player and with turtle Busquets as his partner in crime in the middle.

Has been one of our best players up until this season since he arrived. Despite playing in a system likely to expose his flaws and hide his strengths.

What's the benefit to not playing him in a 4-2-3-1 with a strong runner next to him in a double pivot? If he performs well then that's good for the team. If he performs badly then we know there's nothing more that can be done. If he performs well and we still want to sell then his price increases. Or lets just play Busquets until he can no longer walk.

malvolio

That is a fair point

not only that, but lets look at where their best players play and how they do at those teams.

VVD the only worldclass player that plays at high level, in one of the top teams right now.

de ligt starts for one of the poorest juventus sides of last 10 years or more

wijnaldum is a bench player for a PSG that hasn't got great options in midfield apart from veratti.

FDJ and depay are currently not starting for the poorest barca team of the last 15 years.

the others are bench material at top clubs or play for medium to small teams.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

not only that, but lets look at where their best players play and how they do at those teams.

VVD the only worldclass player that plays at high level, in one of the top teams right now.

de ligt starts for one of the poorest juventus sides of last 10 years or more

wijnaldum is a bench player for a PSG that hasn't got great options in midfield apart from veratti.

FDJ and depay are currently not starting for the poorest barca team of the last 15 years.

the others are bench material at top clubs or play for medium to small teams.

I agree with you partly, Frenkie was top last two seasons at barca and not to forget his incredible matches against Juve and Real. Depay is more a bench player, probably good when the team plays well.

olivis

He's still my fav player in the world right now bit I'm very disappointed by him lately.

He's a most popular player in Holland by a long distance, very likeablr character and very talented, just needs to translate it to performance on the pitch now

fergus90

I'm a Kimmich fan I'm not going to lie but he's in a whole other galaxy to De Jong in my opinion. Plus at the Euro's he played RM and in general is much more versatile.

Did just win national team player of the year though.

Last edited:

malvolio

Euro 2020

View attachment 9300

EDIT I forgot to add Kante but his rate was less too @7.06

is this some kind of joke mate? you compare particular stats across 4 games played at euros and decide who's the better player?

FDJ's team having the easiest group and Czech Republic(finished 3rd in their group) as R16 opponent.

while Germany had the toughest group + England in R16.

i would look good too against bums like ukraine or austria.

Porque

So now FdJ failing in Koemans 4231 is on Busquets?

I think we have to draw the line somewhere. Frenkie was poor in the period, worse than Busquets and should have excelled at finding passing outlets in that setup. Instead he was getting caught in possession.

There are players who move to big clubs and you build around. Frenkie is not one of them. Now at City or Liverpool, they would get the best out of him because Frenkie is a top player and these are top sides with the best movement. But they wouldnt build around him and Frenkie would have the same brainfarts. Just that they would have the pace to thwart them.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Kimmich is a class on his own, he has been worldclass for years at Bayern. Frenkie is imo only a level under him so still very good. You don't destroy Juve's and Real's midfield if you are not class :frenkie:

BusiTheKing

Still think his drop is being significantly exaggerated. He's not cutting it at the moment, but people are acting like he's putting in 2's and 3's when he's more like a 5 in a team that averages 6.

He made a mistake yesterday but was otherwise fine, mediocre, meh - just like the rest of the team.

George_Costanza

is this some kind of joke mate? you compare particular stats across 4 games played at euros and decide who's the better player?

FDJ's team having the easiest group and Czech Republic(finished 3rd in their group) as R16 opponent.

while Germany had the toughest group + England in R16.

i would look good too against bums like ukraine or austria.

Man stop posting shit here, I did a comparison for every Int. tournament since 2018 and FDJ still scored higher than your beloved Kimmich, I just brought the recent one so you don't say another shit like "this is from xxxx year". If you have evidence-backed facts post them, otherwise I advise your to stfu!

malvolio

Man stop posting shit here, I did a comparison for every Int. tournament since 2018 and FDJ still scored higher than your beloved Kimmich, I just brought the recent one so you don't say another shit like "this is from xxxx year". If you have evidence-backed facts post them, otherwise I advise your to stfu!

calmate costanza. wanna show you my stats against some beer buddies of mine?

you provide stats from some games against bums and suddenly FDJ is a better player than kimmich. get your head straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans