Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

"Sergio Busquets does not consider renewing his contract. He's planning to sign for Inter Miami in 2023."There was a year left and they wrote that Xavi would attract less veterans. It is obvious if Busquets really wants to leave. De Jong will most likely stay. He is only associated with Manchester United, but this is not a club of his level.

Where do I sign.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

If Xavi isn't happy with Frankie it's because Frankie hasn't set the world a light since being here, If he was constantly playing at a WC level the decision would be more difficult, but probably still the same, I think he is currently our highest wage earner & the club is trying to cut over 100m off its wage bill.

So when you have a young players, on high wages, who no doubt as potential to be WC in the right system, but has never showed it for us consistently, he's only gonna be the first to go under our current economic situation.

But for people to constantly make this a busquets vs Frankie debate doesn't take into consideration everything, they don't even play the same position.

We have to sell & cut our wage bill to buy, Frankie is the most saleable assist that hasn't really delivered he hasn't showed himself to be a 80m player.

I agree the wages point, Frenkie earns too much. But we have to consider that Frenkie came to the worst time to Barca....after Anfield when Barca was broken. He isnt the player who will make the difference on his own but he can play worldclass when team plays well (showed under Koeman last season). Further, if we sell him Barca would have two very young players (Gavi&Pedri) and a very old player in midfield - no balance. All in all my advice is to keep Frenkie and reduce his wages.

jamrock

Isn't Barcelona still trying to sell future TV earnings? Taking the obviously bad deal because math, due to our current economic dictating we have to? while under no circumstances entertaining the thought of selling young players because.... Or am I missing something?.

Or are we trying to make out that the 25% was all going to CVC to make some kind of point?

Anyways again busquets vs Frankie is redundant, if someone wants to talk about what we will do with the money once we sell Frankie that's a debate worth having, like some here have said.

If someone wants to debate who we will bring in to rotate & eventually replace busquets another debating worth having.

But Frankie vs busquets in an attempted to make frankie look good is just a waste of time.

JamDav1982

Nope Busquets v Frenkie is a key debate on current team and direction it is going.

If FDJ leaves it is footballing decision and not a financial one.

CVC deal you claimed any top businessman would take over 40 years for hundreds of millions more than latest deal being rumoured.. top stuff.

25% over 25 years for more money in and who knows possibilities about how can be repaid etc starts to become more of a worthwhile deal to be looked at.

Missing nothing.

Last edited:

jamrock

I agree the wages point, Frenkie earns too much. But we have to consider that Frenkie came to the worst time to Barca....after Anfield when Barca was broken. He isnt the player who will make the difference on his own but he can play worldclass when team plays well (showed under Koeman last season). Further, if we sell him Barca would have two very young players (Gavi&Pedri) and a very old player in midfield - no balance. All in all my advice is to keep Frenkie and reduce his wages.

We'll probably get someone to replace him who is closer to their mid 20's along with Kessi, so it won't be a midfield of babies & grandpas.

In a ideal world I'd keep Frankie but we have to be realistic some scarifices have to be made, for me hasn't been great since being here, but the potential is there.

But if we have to cut our loses so be it, he is the most sellable assist at the club right now that won't have a huge impact on our future rebuild, since there is a zero percent chance we will sell the likes of Pedri, gavi ( If he renews) and fati.

Just have to accept it & move to speaking about potential replacements.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Under current rules then selling FDJ barely covers Kessie salary in relation to the salary cap.

He will only leave if Xavi decides for footballing reasons he is not needed.

For me have no issue selling him if for good of the team but not for some idea the midfield has to be based on Busquets and likes of FDJ/Gavi should be positional cones for him to have options on the ball and to support the CF.

Total-Football

The fact that xavi and the media call out de jong by name. Bullying him. Not naming anyone of the rest of the trash (mostly catalans) tells u everything u need to know about the rotten culture of fc barca

JamDav1982

The fact that xavi and the media call out de jong by name. Bullying him. Not naming anyone of the rest of the trash (mostly catalans) tells u everything u need to know about the rotten culture of fc barca

Even worse... Barca won a game 3-1 with FDJ at DM and best player in team and Xavi was tripping over himself to say how much team missed Busquets.. when Busquets around that time was horrendous at DM in four home defeats out of five.

The squad are not daft and having favourites the way Xavi does will not go down well.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

We'll probably get someone to replace him who is closer to their mid 20's along with Kessi, so it won't be a midfield of babies & grandpas.

In a ideal world I'd keep Frankie but we have to be realistic some scarifices have to be made, for me hasn't been great since being here, but the potential is there.

But if we have to cut our loses so be it, he is the most sellable assist at the club right now that won't have a huge impact on our future rebuild, since there is a zero percent chance we will sell the likes of Pedri, gavi ( I'd he renews) and fati.

Just have to accept it & move to speaking about potential replacements.

the players which could replace Frenkie are worse than him so Barca's midfield would be weaker next season... i would agree with you to sell him if Barca buys a player who is better than him

jamrock

Catalan media shitting on non masia/Catalan players isn't anything new though?.

Finding someone as good or better than Frankie has been for us really isn't that hard, just have to he smart about it.

Wouldn't he shocked if Kessi offers about what he has since being here.

If we are talking about Ajax, Frankie that's different but he's never been that for us.

JamDav1982

Aye... well he wont ever be the Ajax FDJ when play him in a midfield with Busquets who is first to get ball from defence and then doesnt have more freedom on the park.

Barca are choosing to base game on old slow Busquets as first pass out and to try and dictate the midfield while restricting the movement of others to offer him up options.

Kessie is totally different player and wont offer what FDJ can when midfield are built to suit them.

Can just as easily say think Kessie will offer more than Busquets and keep FDJ anyway.

Porque

Soler and Kessie for 15m (reported fee with Atleti) + sign on fees with FdJ going for 80m does give decent depth and coverage though.

Doesn't address the elephant in the room of who rotates with Busquets though. Unless Xavi thinks Kessie has potential there.

Really hope Xavi gets it together next season but huge warning signs right now. Bringing in Alves, renewing Sergi Roberto (who has been injured and not played a minute under Xavi) because they literally played the system Xavi wants to play 7+ years ago isn't a good sign for progress.

Let alone Busquets being Mr 90 with no alternative way or structure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans