Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

How would we sign Bernardo when City want 100m for him when we need to sell Frenkie just to be able to register Christensen and Kessie?

I don't think we get a replacement for Frenkie. Pablo Torre, Kessie, even Roberto would be his replacements. All this talk of Bernardo Silva is BS so they can justify selling Frenkie to the fans.

Regarding Frenkie then we should get 85-90m minimum. Anything less would be pathetic.

Exactly. The financial situation is probably even worse than we imagine. No way the club would sell assets unless there is not much of an alternative.

Who thinks we sell Frenkie to buy another 70-80m player still doesn't get that we need to operate a low cost team for the next few years.

We'll see how we are when the season starts. The biggest problem is still the defferred mega wages to veterans that we still have to pay.

Last edited:

jamrock

I think we will get someone to replace him, just not a 70m+ player unless we sigh these deals fast and even then it's highly unlikely.

But someone in his age ground is needed, for a good price, which is why I would have personally gotten soler for the price being quoted.

Pedri, gavi, Torre, busquets, Kessi doesn't look bad if we can add a 24+ year old to that mix.

If Mendez can work something out for us for neves I'd take him, can rotate with busquets see he won't be dropped next season, but also play a box to box roll if needed.

jamrock

If Real pays 100mio for the midfield talent, Frenkie who has proved his class against Real and Juve is 120m worth. Manu only wants to pay 80m.

Difference is only Man utd has any interest in De jong, so that will drive the price down a bit.

Anything less than 80 all cash is a bad deal though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't sign Soler.

Just ride it out this season and don't waste money and resources on misfits.

Then clear out the squad properly next summer, or the next...or the next depending on how good of a liar Laporta is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans