Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

If he will stay I hope Xavi will drop the De Jong CB stuff. It's a waste of a player.

I think he should play in front of Gavi still.

Joan

But Frenkie is getting too much disrespect. This is mild, check Twitter. Never been a favourite of mine but he's not a bum. Better than Gavi, better than Kessie, and if he stays will start ahead of them.

mc_lovin

If he will stay I hope Xavi will drop the De Jong CB stuff. It's a waste of a player.

I think he should play in front of Gavi still.

It's fair game between Gavi, Kessie and Frenkie. Problem for Frenkie is that he should play 90% of minutes, but he will not get them here. It would be an absolute waste of a special talent in his prime to sit on the bench for half his games or worse.

Then again I am 99% sure he's eyeing Bayern next year.

Last edited:

fergus90

For the first time in a while it should be an even playing field for everyone, based purely on chemistry and balance.

Truthfully I’ve never been bowled over by the Pedri-Busquets-De Jong combination. Been many an occasion they’ve looked disjointed and lost the midfield battle against players they shouldn’t be.

serghei

But Frenkie is getting too much disrespect. This is mild, check Twitter. Never been a favourite of mine but he's not a bum. Better than Gavi, better than Kessie, and if he stays will start ahead of them.

It is very close. This is the problem with De Jong. He should be comfortably better than a rookie kid and a free agent. He should be compared with the likes of De Bruyne for the money we paid on him.

Raketa10

Pedri and Gavi are still kids. IMHO 5 players (Busi, Kessie, FDJ, Gavi and Pedri) for 3 positions is a fair and healthy competition. They will all have their chances.

mc_lovin

It is very close. This is the problem with De Jong. He should be comfortably better than a rookie kid and a free agent. He should be compared with the likes of De Bruyne for the money we paid on him.

That's an empty platitude. He is better than both of them, but our system seriously handicaps him. Shit happens.

KingLeo10

As if Busquets is competing for any spot :lol:

He's an auto starter under Xavi. I honestly would value him as a sub but watch him start 50+ games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans