Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givenchy

United signing Casemiro was probably the end of the De Jong pursuit. Different players of course but it now seems they are over paying for Antony and that will be their window done.

Tuchel said Chelsea don't need midfielders so he's definitely staying.

I wouldn't rule United out, they just wasted 100mil on a Neymar tribute act from Eredivisie.. and that is after ?50mil+ for Martinez and another ?70mil on Casemiro, they clearly have money still and will use next summers budget if it means signing another ex-Ajax player for ten Hag.

I thought this was to attend VdB's wedding but apparently not. Memphis also going makes it look transfer related.

fergus90

I wouldn't rule United out, they just wasted 100mil on a Neymar tribute act from Eredivisie.. and that is after ?50mil+ for Martinez and another ?70mil on Casemiro, they clearly have money still and will use next summers budget if it means signing another ex-Ajax player for ten Hag.

I thought this was to attend VdB's wedding but apparently not. Memphis also going makes it look transfer related.

I honestly don't think Barca would let De Jong without getting Bernardo like Xavi wants and there's no way City will be letting him go with two days left of the window.

I could see Memphis leaving though now definitely.

Givenchy

I honestly don't think Barca would let De Jong without getting Bernardo like Xavi wants and there's no way City will be letting him go with two days left of the window.

I could see Memphis leaving though now definitely.

Hmm yeah would agree it would be a risky move to lose Frenkie without a suitable replacement, I just hope the club don't expect Gavi to be that guy with Kessie as backup.

I won't be surprised if we go 1 last all out attack for Bernardo. I know I know it's unrealistic this late but man, the thought of him in that Barca midfield..

Total-Football

Midfield way thin with the average Joe Kessie and the finished pjanic as back ups. I'm against selling him. Who needs be sold are auba and Depay and pjanic.

Last edited:

Joan

They have targets ready if he goes

Doubt they'd want to do it this late in the window. Everyone can take advantage of you then. And they'd surely try to do that to us.

But selling Frenkie wouldn't be the worst move. If we make 75-80 m in fees and save 28m in his salary just for this season.

We can always go for a CM in January. But we can also sell Frenkie in January.

Birdy

Whatever you say dude. He?s going to play every single match. Why wouldn?t you want him to be a success? Makes no sense.

Like how he played against Valladolid you mean? Lots here are still NOT disillusioned about him, which is baffling frankly

It doesn't matter if "I want" him to succeed. I wanted him to succeed badly since day 1 he was here, but I gave up long time ago.
I trust my eyes and they tell me that he has been from shit to meh the last 3 years with 4 different coaches.
That sounds like enough of an evidence

iniestaGOAT

Like how he played against Valladolid you mean? Lots here are still NOT disillusioned about him, which is baffling frankly

It doesn't matter if "I want" him to succeed. I wanted him to succeed badly since day 1 he was here, but I gave up long time ago.
I trust my eyes and they tell me that he has been from shit to meh the last 3 years with 4 different coaches.
That sounds like enough of an evidence

Well said brother everyone probably wanted him to succeed. It's over now most of us have given up on this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans