Gabriel Jesus

Messi983

So he's already signed with Inter, Madrid and Man City. Who's next?

Wake me up when he actually signs somewhere.

Anyway, I sometimes don't get the thinking on this board. Some people said Lucas Perez only had one good season in his career so we shouldn't buy him for 15M. Other said that Vietto only had half good season with Villarreal so he's not worth 20-25M. Yet most of you would be willing to risk 30M on a kid, that has played a few good months in BRAZILIAN league. Yeah, potential, blablabla, but I still don't get this...

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
So he's already signed with Inter, Madrid and Man City. Who's next?

Wake me up when he actually signs somewhere.

Wake up, Jesus has signed the holy bible!

cBGXfjd.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The only downside to him moving early from Brasil is that many Brasilian talents are morphed into European style players when leaving before 21 - joga bonito dying?

xXKonan

Looks like he's off to City according to Globo and Gerard Romero.

While it sucks missing out on him, I prefer him a hell of a lot more at City with Pep than Madrid. :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
The rumored price is 33M. If that is true I can see why barca is hesitating. City and United can really spend a lot of money.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes better than going to Real Madrid or Bayern, but still a big gaffe on our part to miss out on him. I don't believe we can't find 33m from our coffers.

Perhaps we will be bidding 100m + for him in several years. We prefer buying from other European elite clubs for more money, don't we?

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yes better than going to Real Madrid or Bayern, but still a big gaffe on our part. I don't believe we can't find 33m from our coffers.

Just checked that there is clause in his contract which sets his release clause to 25M for barca, real, united, psg and Bayern. City will send him back on loan until January. He wants to finish the season before coming to europe. Maybe that is the reason why barca dropped interest. Hard to guess.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Just checked that there is clause in his contract which sets his release clause to 25M for barca, real, united, psg and Bayern. City will send him back on loan until January. He wants to finish the season before coming to europe. Maybe that is the reason why barca dropped interest. Hard to guess.

It is not like we want him to be the MSN backup next season, he is not needed here immediately so that explanation doesn't make sense to me. Like I said in some of my posts earlier in this thread, we appeared to show very keen interest early on and then the whole thing just stopped, no idea why. Very disappointing to say the least.

BarçaBarça

We just needed 24M. and to convince him right? Only City had to pay more (even United only needed 24M.). I'm sad we missed out on him, some sort of deal should be possible: buy him for his clause + negotiate a hefty loan fee afterwards as both his club + player wants a loan. Don't blame this on greedy agents (as I have seen somewhere) - we had the chance if we wanted to.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We just needed 24M. and to convince him right? Only City had to pay more (even United only needed 24M.). I'm sad we missed out on him, some sort of deal should be possible: buy him for his clause + negotiate a hefty loan fee afterwards as both his club + player wants a loan. Don't blame this on greedy agents (as I have seen somewhere) - we had the chance if we wanted to.

Exactly. There can be only two explanations the way I see it: (1) The club doesn't want to pull the trigger to buy him, for whatever reason or (2) GJ himself doesn't want to join us, for whatever reason (having MSN could be detrimental for us in terms of landing other forwards, for example).

xXKonan

Miguel Rico said He impressed Robert but he didn't think he was ready yet to play for a team like ours.

He suggested that Robert felt like Gabriel Jesus needed to be loaned out to a EU/Spanish club for a couple of seasons to gain experience in order to play for us.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Miguel Rico said He impressed Robert but he didn't think he was ready yet to play for a team like ours.

He suggested that Robert felt like Gabriel Jesus needed to be loaned out to a EU/Spanish club for a couple of seasons to gain experience in order to play for us.

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with that evaluation, but it shouldn't be a show-stopper for us, we could have left him in Palmeiras for longer or loaned him out to other European clubs.

Come on Robert, where is the flexibility?

Home of Barca Fans