Gabriel Jesus

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Even if they become genuinely good under Pep, they'll fall back down when he leaves.

You never know really. They have money, academy & solid management/coaching - some key ingredients for success. I think it's too easy to cast them aside as the little engine that couldn't due to their big brothers in Manchester having the history.

Jombi

As predicted, the people who said GJ would stay in Brazil for years were dead wrong. He's gone for us, and we will never get him if he turns into a superstar. We have now lost out on Ousmane Dembele and Gabriel Jesus and its not looking good. People demand that we buy unrealistic superstars from super rich clubs but that aint happening of course.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Meh. There will always be someone else we can sign.

Both Jesus and Dembele turned us down so it's not for lack of trying.

George_Costanza

As predicted, the people who said GJ would stay in Brazil for years were dead wrong. He's gone for us, and we will never get him if he turns into a superstar. We have now lost out on Ousmane Dembele and Gabriel Jesus and its not looking good. People demand that we buy unrealistic superstars from super rich clubs but that aint happening of course.

He would have cost us only 24m to my knowledge, so money wasn't un issue but maybe Robert have other reasons not to sign him.

Jombi

Meh. There will always be someone else we can sign.

Both Jesus and Dembele turned us down so it's not for lack of trying.

No one knows how hard we really "tried". People just jump on a tabloid headline and run with it. Its a bad situation. The best players under 24 aint joining us. Only Samuel Umtiti so far.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No one knows how hard we really "tried". People just jump on a tabloid headline and run with it. Its a bad situation. The best players under 24 aint joining us. Only Samuel Umtiti so far.

Andre Gomes?

And let's be honest, unless they're an established super star like Neymar, nobody bends over backward to sign a youngster with potential. Come on. There's a point where it's simply not worth the effort anymore.

jairzinho

I wish both City and the player well. The price tag is a bit absurd to be honest. 30 million thereabouts for strictly potential. Scoring a bunch of goals in the brasileirao doesn't really excite me too much apart from his age. This is the league where Fred and a 37 year old Ricki Oliveira have been top scorers for the past 2 seasons. You do the math. But I really hope he indeed turns out to be something special for the sake of Brazilian football.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I wish both City and the player well. The price tag is a bit absurd to be honest. 30 million thereabouts for strictly potential. Scoring a bunch of goals in the brasileirao doesn't really excite me too much apart from his age. This is the league where Fred and a 37 year old Ricki Oliveira have been top scorers for the past 2 seasons. You do the math. But I really hope he indeed turns out to be something special for the sake of Brazilian football.

I just noticed that Grafite apparently still plays, and is banging in goals as well. :lol:

Jombi

Andre Gomes?

And let's be honest, unless they're an established super star like Neymar, nobody bends over backward to sign a youngster with potential. Come on. There's a point where it's simply not worth the effort anymore.

Where is that point? PSG signed Verratti from Serie B for 12m euros.

Bend over backwards? What does this even mean? Of course clubs fight hard to buy the greatest young players in the world. Players like Dembele and Jesus have dominated some of the best leagues in the world at a very young age. If we choose to simply stay complacent, the future looks bleak because you can forget about signing Verratti, Aguero or whatever superstar people want us to sign. It aint happening. We have to buy younger from smaller clubs.

And Andres Gomes is average.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans