Gareth Bale

Mika94

I seriously don't care how much Gareth Bale is worth. Florentino Perez may have enough money to buy 3 Bales in one go, so if Tottenham won't sell him for less than 100m €, well they'll just have to break another fee record.
The thing is that Bale is young, incredibly fast and has a great shot. The only question I ask myself (correct me if I'm wrong) is how will he play in the same team with Ronaldo ? Aren't they playing on the same position ? CR would most likely play in the middle then, won't he ?

B

BlaugranaCule07

It would be funny if Cristiano leaves after this season because of the Bale signing.

Meitux

I seriously don't care how much Gareth Bale is worth. Florentino Perez may have enough money to buy 3 Bales in one go, so if Tottenham won't sell him for less than 100m €, well they'll just have to break another fee record.
The thing is that Bale is young, incredibly fast and has a great shot. The only question I ask myself (correct me if I'm wrong) is how will he play in the same team with Ronaldo ? Aren't they playing on the same position ? CR would most likely play in the middle then, won't he ?
Not the same position,Ronaldo left wing and Bale right.The problem with them is that both of them want to be the main man for everything in their team,thats why everybody's saying this won't work.

Beast

The Observer
Bale is a better dribbler than Cristiano, he's right.

I already said you won't lose all your money, but don't act like its going to be made back in such a short time or if it will be made back fully at all. Bale can make money but not to the level of CR or Beckham.

No Hammy not on the same level yet of course.. but if he moves he will be here for a long time... if he succeed (European wise ) than it's very possible
Both CR & Beckham came as CL winners with United , Bale is not there yet..

El Gato

Villarato!
Real Madrid is not from britain :lol:

Sick geography skills man.

I don't know if people are just not trying to understand the case here, but whatever, Bale will make money. Not as much as Beckham or Ronaldo cuz they were accomplished before they got here, but he will make Britain pay attention to RM with Bale in it as well as all the economic benefits from the sponsorship deals. It's the usual stuff. I don't know what is so hard to understand about it.

Well you cannot compare Walcott because he is still rotting in Arsenal... you won't win anything there or even develop ...
Playing in Real is different than playing in Spurs or Arsene's chorus squad.... the area's he can reach with his already famed EPL .. if he come this year on the back of winning all individual trophies (best young & adult in the EPL ) .. he will be a gold making machine

Bale won it because the EPL is biased. He had a great season but RvP had a better season. He shot us to the title almost single handedly and Bale couldn't even get the Spurs into the top4. Even Scott Parker won the award once. The problem Bale has that only people who really are interested in football know him. He had one season at CL football with Tottenham and that was 2 years ago. All the other Galactico signings so far have been really world stars! Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham, C.Ronaldo, Kaka all were some of the most recognized footballers in the whole world! For example next year everyone will be talking about the WC in Brazil, and Bale will be watching it from home because Wales isn't good enough to qualify. I'm not saying that he'll flop commercially or anything but this time we'll see how good Real's marketing department is.

JamDav1982

Bale won it because the EPL is biased. He had a great season but RvP had a better season. He shot us to the title almost single handedly and Bale couldn't even get the Spurs into the top4. Even Scott Parker won the award once. The problem Bale has that only people who really are interested in football know him. He had one season at CL football with Tottenham and that was 2 years ago. All the other Galactico signings so far have been really world stars! Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham, C.Ronaldo, Kaka all were some of the most recognized footballers in the whole world! For example next year everyone will be talking about the WC in Brazil, and Bale will be watching it from home because Wales isn't good enough to qualify. I'm not saying that he'll flop commercially or anything but this time we'll see how good Real's marketing department is.

Bale was better than Van Persie last season and deserved the award. If anyone did anythig single handedly for their team it was him.

Mika94

Not the same position,Ronaldo left wing and Bale right.The problem with them is that both of them want to be the main man for everything in their team,thats why everybody's saying this won't work.

Oh, well I thought he played on the left. On transfermarkt they say it's his main position. Either way, if he can play on the right, I think it would be worth a try. I mean, if you have the money, what could you possibly lose ? You'd have two very fast and skilled players on the wings, and a very good passer as Ozil in the middle.
In fact, I'd be really concerned even for Alba.

But if they can't stand each other, well that's a different story.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah, Bale is a better dribbler than CR. Though both are kick and rush players so it's not either player's strong point.

Beast

The Observer

You are comparing United with Spurs.... and saying EPL biased when you are a United fan...

Seriously ??
And did you forget when RVP went into his "Arsenal " sleeping mood middle of the season ? he deserved nothing compared to a man driving a team on his own without the backing of Giggs , Scholes , Kagawa , Nani , Rooney , Vidic, Rio , De Gea etc and above all SAF
And if you are right about Wales and you are... do you mean Giggs is not popular ?

Did going to the world cup with England make Beckham any better ? especially with the usual British failure ?

It's not just us.. but people like EA , British Telecom , NBC.. know how to milk money and they all put their bets on Bale... did you see Scott Parker there ?

You are comparing United with Spurs.... and saying EPL biased when you are a United fan...

Seriously ??
And did you forget when RVP went into his "Arsenal " sleeping mood middle of the season ? he deserved nothing compared to a man driving a team on his own without the backing of Giggs , Scholes , Kagawa , Nani , Rooney , Vidic, Rio , De Gea etc and above all SAF
And if you are right about Wales and you are... do you mean Giggs is not popular ?

Did going to the world cup with England make Beckham any better ? especially with the usual British failure ?

It's not just us.. but people like EA , British Telecom , NBC.. know how to milk money and they all put their bets on Bale... did you see Scott Parker there ?

I watched most good EPL games last season and for me personally it was quite clear that RvP was the best player in the league. Bale had great timing of showing his peak, while RvP was in a slump but overall he was a bit better in my opinion. For me Bale and Mata share a great 2nd place, because Mata saved Chelsea nearly as often as Bale did the Spurs. RvP went to his sleeping mode for 8 games where he scored only 1 goal yes right, but there were games were he won us games on his own. Just look at his 3rd game for us a hattrick, where we played like shit. Have you watched United often last season? For example Scholes didn't even play in the 2nd half of the season, Nani had a horrific season, Kagawa doesn't fit in yet etc ...

Giggs is NOW more popluar than ever because of his longevity and how long he stayed at the same club. If you asked non football fans in the mid 00s who Ryan Giggs is I think not many would've known his name. Beckham simply had everything you could've asked for in marketing tool and yes being English was a part of it. The pretty boy from Manchester United who could score amazing free kicks. If Beckham wasn't good looking and didn't change his hair every week, his global appeal would've been far less. Ronaldo became alot of his female fan base already in 04 when he played for Portugal and a whole country hated him in 06. Bale can be a great marketing tool but I don't believe he can be in that elite bracket with Beckham, Ronaldo.

Home of Barca Fans