Gerard Deulofeu

JamDav1982

Its not as if those 4 goals that he scored in 2003-2004 would have taken us to the next level. One thing is you are looking back with the hindsight of the player he became so the flaws of back then and lack of productivity are being softened. Right now they would tell him to pass and move and cut down the excessive step overs.

No the player that played at Euro 2004 would be the best wide player in this Barca team in my opinion. It is the weakest area of the team, more so than at center half.

He only had around 23 starts and got 6 goals and 4 assists in what has already been pointed out was not a great Man Utd team.

However as has been said numerous times he was considered one of the best young players in the world and by the end of that season he was starring for his intl team at a major tournament.

Barca8

Everything is just speculation at the moment... comparing CR7 to GD7. But the time to promote him to the first team is now. He's got the basics now he needs to work with the 1st team to make the leap to World Class.

The only thing is management have to use him properly. There's no point in promoting him if after every break he makes we still have the "look for Messi" at all costs syndrome. He needs to do what is right for the team but also should be allowed to express himself.

BarcaJack

IMO letting Deulofeu go on loan won't be a good idea; because for him there's still so much to learn to adapt to our system, and the next season seems to be key to shape his own distinctive style. If we let him go for too long it may become another Fabregas dilemma.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'd be shocked if he's truly 5'11"...I've seen him live on a few occasions in the past year and he doesn't look much bigger than 5'9"

Saw some recent footage of him and no way he's 5'11", still contend he's no taller than 5'9", if that...He looks shorter than Jese who is 5'10"

Indignado

ok, comparisons between cr7 and delo are quite pathetic, delo ist definitly no starter material, maybe in 3-4 years

No one said he was and I also think that the discussion is ridiculous at the moment, Ronaldo was in an extremely different situation at an extremely different club to Deulofeu right now, we should just wait and see what happens with him.

Antimadridista1

IMO Gerard isn't mature enough to play as a starter in the first team next season. Don't forget that he's still young and he's in a different context looking to CR7.

Anyway, good to know that he extends his contract. Wish that rumours about leaving on loan are not true.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
He definitely has to earn it. I hope he gets some good chances next season.... Then takes them and makes them his bitch :D. Really have high hopes for him.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
True. Not only at Barca but also at other clubs there are a lot of examples of players who aren't ready for a starting spot get loaned and don't come back better, sometimes even worse. I'd rather have he take the slow route like Thiago, marginally increasing his chances for a first XI spot. He should be promoted to the first team and slowly get used to the level before he can make some good amount of minutes in the first team.

Home of Barca Fans