Gerard Deulofeu

I just don't see it, especially with Tito as our coach, with this Xavi behind them and Alba&Dani as our FBs. I think it would be a disaster.

I said it can work in the future, it obviously won't work right now. I agree though, changes are needed before it does (a more balanced FB duo, a better coach who can use them well (this is the big one imo), etc). Pretty sure some of the changes will be made by the time Deulo's ready (i.e. our FB duo will no longer be Alba/Alves, since Alves will be too old).

If we still has Luis and pep I could see him being ready by he is 21_22, can only see it happening now though his shear will power and talent, because he won't be getting much help from the club

A loan deal can help him immensely imo.

Last edited:

jamrock

I said it can work in the future, it obviously won't work right now. I agree though, changes are needed before it does (a more balanced FB duo, a better coach (this is the big one imo), etc). Pretty sure some of the changes will be made by the time Deulo's ready (i.e. our FB duo will no longer be Alba/Alves, since Alves will be t

A loan deal can help him immensely imo.

Yeah I agree , just a matter of him choosing the right club, I would send him to Ajax, rafa as well.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I just don't see it, especially with Tito as our coach, with this Xavi behind them and Alba&Dani as our FBs. I think it would be a disaster.

Not necessarily. There are a ton of obstacles but it's not like it's impossible. Xavi is aging, along with Alves. With Thiago/Montoya being introduced (let's assume around the same time of Deulofeu's return) the squad will be more balanced and the team will be clicking better than now. And if Tito really doesn't improve and the team doesn't perform well next season, I doubt he will be around. But mainly for Neymar-Messi-Deulofeu to work there have to be 2 major things taken care of:

1. Neymar and Deulofeu need to massively alter/refine their games. They can't have the "all about me" attitude and will have to learn to be the best complementary players they can be to balance and strengthen our attack. Neymar seems to have a good mentality about this as he's been humble since he got here and knows he won't walk in as top dog. Whether he actually succeeds is unknown. If Deulofeu goes out on loan to the right team with a strict coach, he'll actually develop the team oriented side of his game a lot (unlike under Eusebio or Tito) and he'll end up looking much better than Jese does now.

2. They need to understand that they will not be the player who gets the most freedom and they will not be the main focal point of the attack. If they really want to be that trigger player who leads the attack then honestly they'd be better off at another club where they won't be overshadowed by Leo. However if they learn to work as best as they can within their restrictions, they could end up being as good or better than Messi+Eto'o+Henry or Messi+Villa+Pedro. Also they need to work more on efficiency rather than flashiness since they have to finish almost all the chances created by Leo as a false 9. They'll be much more useful if they are deadly and creative scorers rather than dribbling soloists.

Jadentheman

2. They need to understand that they will not be the player who gets the most freedom and they will not be the main focal point of the attack. If they really want to be that trigger player who leads the attack then honestly they'd be better off at another club where they won't be overshadowed by Leo. However if they learn to work as best as they can within their restrictions, they could end up being as good or better than Messi+Eto'o+Henry or Messi+Villa+Pedro. Also they need to work more on efficiency rather than flashiness since they have to finish almost all the chances created by Leo as a false 9. They'll be much more useful if they are deadly and creative scorers rather than dribbling soloists.

Ugh I don't like this reality. Messi to midfield and make it a Dynamic 4-3-3/4-4-2 with Neymar and Deulo up front. Much better

I say loan him to Sevilla. He should be able to start there, or at least get a lot of playing time. Sociedad will play in the CL, but playing time will be less guaranteed there. Plus, Sevilla will at least play in the Europa League.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Marcel Deulofeu (father): "Sevilla? Could be a good option, but I guess there are many. We'll see. Gerard wants to play at least 30 games."

Loan seems to be the preferred option for both parties right now. I believe it'll work better than keeping him here, it's not like every loan has to fail. It's good to see that he wants to play at least 30 games, which will give him great experience and help him develop. Unai Emery is a good coach and Gerard will learn a lot under him.

barcanuck

Dang I was hoping Grimaldo would get in as a wild card but that wasn't going to happen with the up and down year Barca B had. Sad Espinosa didn't get on board as well.

Home of Barca Fans