Gerard Deulofeu

Zuess99

deulofeu is very overrated. Was shocked when he received 10. Im actually scared of barcas reputation in england in terms of loaning out players there cause he might turn out to be a real flop.

Jenks

Why? Giving players competitive football without taking risks in the first team is a good thing isn't it?

Yugi

yeah we already have bad record regarding la masia players....i mean look at that...eh I can´t remember his name I think it was Cesc Fab...something, he turned out to be real flop there...would be shame to lose our brittish connection :pep:

Richard.H

deulofeu is very overrated. Was shocked when he received 10. Im actually scared of barcas reputation in england in terms of loaning out players there cause he might turn out to be a real flop.

I'm probably the only member in this board who shares the same opinion as you.

The guy seems way too impatient and way too cocky to improve his game.

Gohan

Super Saiyan

To me he seems like a smart guy, the more minutes he makes the more he starts to learn and realize he can't only use pace anymore and they useless dribbles will get him no where.

It is a matter of time, Gerard doesn't look cocky at all it is just that going from being one of the stars at La Masia to being a substitute at Everton takes some time to accept. Aaaanyways we shouldn't expect big things, he went to Everton for his own development and that is all what he should do.

He needs to get used to physical defenders, needs to improve his positioning, passing and the most important of all he needs to gain experience! No need for him to score goals or make assists. He just needs to show he is improving in the little minutes he will have.

JackSparrow

Nope. I feel the same way as well, so that makes three of us :)
I think he is extremly overhyped. Yes he is a talent, yes he will be a good player, and yes shows promise. But somehow I dont think he will reach all that hype. He looks stubborn, very selfish, lazy and like you said cocky. He is not someone I would build my team around in the future.

Of course I would be very happy if he proved me wrong and win championships with Barca. :)

Messi_Goal

if hes not going to start games whats the point of being at everton he has more talent than any of the starting 11
he could either start for barca b or sit on the first team bench.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
if hes not going to start games whats the point of being at everton he has more talent than any of the starting 11
he could either start for barca b or sit on the first team bench.

He's not as good as anyone in the starting 11 yet, but he needs playing time to get there and Maritnez isn't giving him any...

Home of Barca Fans