Gerard Deulofeu

oz187

Really pondering about what to do with him next year if he develops well at Everton. Let him stay another year, like Courtois staying for a couple of years at Atletico, or get him back asap? I guess with Pedro, Alexis and Tello we still have enough people to play on RW (and LW, but Neymar is there of course), another year at Everton might be good for him. What do you guys thinks?

I think Tello is going to be sold either this summer or next. Either Deulofeu progresses enough to be at least fourth choice or Barca might look to bring someone else in.

Povikas

Brandon
Did good today when came on against Newcastle. Had two beautiful breaks but just didn't manage to finish them from tight angles.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He didn't do much, but didn't have an opportunity to. Didn't really get into rhythm, misplaced a few passes but that was about it.

Theconomist

Everton is a bad team for him, he's not good enough to play for a mid table team, he should be playing week in week out for a team fighting for relegation.

Hellsangel

Everton is a bad team for him, he's not good enough to play for a mid table team, he should be playing week in week out for a team fighting for relegation.

He wouldn't see much of the ball if he played for such a side.. I still think this loan could work if Gerard can improve on his attitude. Everton might be the perfect place for him to learn a thing or two about what it means to be a team player.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Truth is he should be playing more...Martinez has made Everton a better side than Moyes, already, and so of course it'll be harder to integrate a youth player from a different league...However, Deulofeu is better than any right sided winger they have...Roberto's biggest problems with his team is a poor striker outside of Lukalu and very little strength in that final attacking third...Gerard, despite having not played much, has consistently created danger in his minutes - there's no one else on the team outside of Barkley that have done that for them...So it surprises me that Deulofeu isn't playing more, feels like some odd strategy by Martinez to get the loan deal extended...Although I can't see how he'd think that

Jenks

I think he perhaps just doesn't trust him defensively yet, because in the final third he's justified inclusion already.

Yugi

I think he will start using him more mid December imho, if not than its wasted year for Deulofeu imho and our staff screwed up

barcanuck

They are out of the League Cup, which was his starting role. FA Cup will see him play of course provided they don't get knocked out.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I think he will start using him more mid December imho, if not than its wasted year for Deulofeu imho and our staff screwed up

Well, then that means Everton can screw themselves next time, not dealing with them anymore if that's the case. Wasting a year of development with a talent like Deulofeu would suck big time.

Home of Barca Fans