Gerard Deulofeu

Xtroverto

Deulofeu is more spanish than Iniesta..but yes, he probably wants to succeed at Barca more than anything.

Deulofeu is a catalan surname, his dad is catalan and he is born i Riudarenas which is a typical catalan village where you will struggle even to find someone speaking spanish. I don't think there is any concern about his preference when it comes to where he wants to play, and I also think he is the kind of person that will pick FC Barcelona over a fat check from Chelsea or Man United (it has already happened in the past and he opted for staying). The only concern is if he will find a place in the team, Neymar, Messi and Alexis are difficult to bench. And I don't think Gerard will settle for being a sub more than maybe the first 6 months.

Here is a map with the distribution of people with the surname Deulofeu in Spain, as you can see practically all live in Catalonia.

http://www.miparentela.com/mapas/detalles/deulofeu.html

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Ba_4KQ5CQAEgjlY.jpg:large

Ba_wgthCYAE9-Sa.jpg:large

JamDav1982

I would wait until the end of the season to make that statement..and even if he succeeds at Everton, that doesn't mean that he will come back at Barca and be integrated in our system immediatedly. We saw this with Cesc and I for one I'm trying not to get my hopes up until I see him back at our club.

Zubi aproves your statement.

I can't believe you don't accept Flavia comparing Deulofeu with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, but then you go and compare Deulofeu with with Bartra or Bojan. Deulofeu was a special player and he was treated as such from the beginning(do you know that he now has a salary of 2.5M euros, more than any other youngster from our team?). The only youngster with whom Pep had to deal while he was at Barca and was similar to Deulofeu was Thiago(so it's fair to say that Pep would have asked Deulo to switch between the first team and the B team, like he did with Thiago in 2010-2011; the only thing we don't know is if he would have accepted this). So the only simplistic thing is to say that because "Bojan career stalled under him"(good thing that he has taken a step forward at Roma, Milan and Ajax) Deulofeu would not have minutes this season.

And I don't remember the last one that returned to Barca and was succesfull..but hey, who cares about that?

:rofl1:

Yeah..now we pay 8M for the right to ask for 3 brazilians and we spend more on the 2nd team in one year than we have been in all the years with Laporta. Also, how ironic is that the agent who brought us Keirrison and Henrique is also the one who handled the negotiations for Neymar?

Deulofeu is more spanish than Iniesta..but yes, he probably wants to succeed at Barca more than anything.

Do you think at this moment in time Deulofeu is good enough for a place in the first team squad?

I am not comparing him to Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Thiago as they were in my opinion clearly ready at 19 and before - and in largely easier squads to get into as well.

As for spending £8m on the chance to sign three Brazilian kids - even if true it is nowhere near the money wasted on inferior players in Laportas last few years.

F

Flavia

I would wait until the end of the season to make that statement..and even if he succeeds at Everton, that doesn't mean that he will come back at Barca and be integrated in our system immediatedly. We saw this with Cesc and I for one I'm trying not to get my hopes up until I see him back at our club.
Yeah, I know. I hope he comes back next season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Come on guys, several good games from him and we are already worried about losing him? :lol:

Have some faith in our club. We are Barca, still one of the best clubs in the world.

The Observer

Deulofeu: "I think England will be a good experience for me, I'm improving my defensive skills. It will help me for my future career" [rac1]

Good lad.

DinhoR10

Come on guys, several good games from him and we are already worried about losing him? :lol:

Have some faith in our club. We are Barca, still one of the best clubs in the world.

The scar of Thiago is still fresh. I mean if we can't hold on to him how can we hold on to someone even more talented? Is the question in the back of everyones mind.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
And I don't remember the last one that returned to Barca and was succesfull..but hey, who cares about that?

Exactly, this is what worries me about him. The EPL is very different from la liga, it might help develop him in certain areas, notably physical and defensive strength, but integration at Barcelona would be difficult should he be away for much longer. As much as I like Cesc but his arrival at Barca wasn't the easiest. Personally I'd get him back next season. He can grow here too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The scar of Thiago is still fresh. I mean if we can't hold on to him how can we hold on to someone even more talented? Is the question in the back of everyones mind.

I was speaking more from the player's perspective. Yeah several other clubs can offer a better contract, money-wise, but why would a home-grown player who will be guaranteed playing time in the future want to leave Barca?

And I hope our management has learned a lesson from letting Thiago go. And I thought someone has already pointed out that the emphasis the club places on Deulofeu is already much more intense than it had on players like Thiago.

Home of Barca Fans