Gerard Deulofeu

Alarcón

From what I hear Lucho is much more open to using young players, and I have friends in Barcelona saying Deulofeu has already been told he's returning to Barca next season, although I have no idea who their source is.

If the board have any clue about football, they'll bring him back. Lucho is known to use young players a lot at all of his previous destinations.

Zangash

Banned
If the board have any clue about football, they'll bring him back. Lucho is known to use young players a lot at all of his previous destinations.

I thought it was long established the board doesn't know anything about football, though. I'm hoping Lucho is the one who opts to bring him back.

Zangash

Banned
Well it's official now, Deulofeu is returning, as well as Rafinha.

I hope now I don't have to hear anymore Franco jokes from Everton fans, or even talk to them at all in general.

kozza

I think he will be loaned out again this summer, he is clearly not good enough yet ( selfishness, bad decision making...), even the hyped Roberto Martinez couldn't change that, I think he should go for a team like Celta where he would get important playing time .

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Though he coming back from the Everton loan means nothing conclusive at this point, he might very well stay this season. If Barca's forward line remains status quo, or even if Alexis or Pedro get replaced, someone's going to have to take Tello's place deep in the depth chart, and Deulofeu might just be that guy.

He might also get more minutes than Tello got this year, Lucho might bet more on La Masia products than Tata did because Lucho's job, by virtue of his cule pedigree, is more secured than Tata's ever was. He might be able to get away with more risks involving youngsters.

Alarcon might like this, but Lucho is a golden platter opportunity for Montoya, he better not waste it.

Zangash

Banned
I think he will be loaned out again this summer, he is clearly not good enough yet ( selfishness, bad decision making...), even the hyped Roberto Martinez couldn't change that, I think he should go for a team like Celta where he would get important playing time .

Not with Lucho in charge. Roberto Martinez, as hyped as he was, still sat Gerard on the bench for the large majority of the season. And honestly, do you really think Deulofeu is going to have problems passing the ball when Messi and Iniesta are the ones calling for it?

L

linetty

Rafinha says hi. And Deulofeu still got more playing time at Everton than he would have gotten at Barca.
Rafinha's loan was succesful just because he trained under Lucho. I don't think Barca should loan players to England ever again

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah the loan to Everton looked smart in principle, but did not turn out great. I think this is going to put a stopper on Barca loaning players out to English teams.

Alarcón

Rafinha says hi.

I already said that a few weeks ago, loans are hit or miss. With Rafinha, it went well, because the environment was right (club, fans, coach etc.). By keeping the players at our own club, we have control over them. A talent as big as Deulofeu is too risky to give to other clubs and lay his fate into their hands.

And Deulofeu still got more playing time at Everton than he would have gotten at Barca.

I doubt that, Tata didn't seem to like either of Pedro or Alexis tbh, he often preferred Iniesta over one of them and Neymar always played when he was fit, it's just that there were barely any other options left besides Tello who simply didn't justify much more playing time. And with Enrique, we now have a coach who will most likely give the youth players more playing time.

Besides, playing time is not everything and regarding pure footballing skills, Gerard barely progressed at all.

kozza

I don't see what he can add when subbed on, not good to dribble or combine in tight spaces, it's not the profile we need, should better go away and get some experience.

Home of Barca Fans