Gerard Deulofeu

Messi_Goal

I want him to be given a fair chance in the team next season,He is a bit greedy but that's what happens when your young and know your a lot better than your team mates.Now if he is given a chance he needs to use his team mates more but also keep a little bit of greed because far to many times players defer to Messi when they shouldn't.

Galning

I don't think he's ready but you never know what Lucho will do to him. Also being part of the Barça squad might change a lot of things and help him develop quicker. Good luck Gerard!

anguy

Are you serious? People here are constantly complaining about Alexis who only looks how to pass for Messi and loses the ball constantly, we need someone selfish.

But Deulofeu loses the ball constantly. That's the problem, not just that he's selfish. He makes a lot of bad passes in midlfield, loses the ball when dribbling way to often and it looks like he can't see better positioned teammates in front of goal at all. Go to youtube and look for some of his Everton videos. Not highlights, but the videos of all his touches. He's sill young, so he can improve, but if he doesn't change his game he'll become bust, guaranteed.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Real Madrid doesn't give a rat's ass about youth, though. Their best youth prospects don't spend a moment out on loan because of it. If you're not good enough for the first team when they want you you're more or less disposable as far as Madrid is concerned. They can easily buy a player who is better at any moment. Your overall point is good, but using Madrid as an example... eh. Even as bad as their academy is it's still pretty overrated imo.

He's only 20 and he was one of the best players in the segunda as an 18 year old. We should give him a chance to shine here.

Povikas

Brandon
But Deulofeu loses the ball constantly. That's the problem, not just that he's selfish. He makes a lot of bad passes in midlfield, loses the ball when dribbling way to often and it looks like he can't see better positioned teammates in front of goal at all. Go to youtube and look for some of his Everton videos. Not highlights, but the videos of all his touches. He's sill young, so he can improve, but if he doesn't change his game he'll become bust, guaranteed.

I guess you can say the same thing about Neymar, the only thing he did, before joining our 1st team squad, was dribbling, taking on players and going for a goal.
I think what matters is what the coach says, how are the player instructions played out. I believe Gerard will be more of a team player next season, but you'll never know what Lucho instructs him to do.

Kerrybai

So happy to have him back. His selfishness is just what we need at certain times. When he scored vs Arsenal I knew he was ready.

Home of Barca Fans