Gerard Deulofeu

serghei

This whole talk about buying a CF and selling Alexis makes sense only if Lucho wants to put Messi on the right. Maybe Lucho wants a Neymar-Llorente-Messi front 3.

I hope Messi will stay in the center, as a false 9 or as a CAM. Him in the right would be wrong.

L

Learo

Yea, exactly. And I don't see any rumors about the buying of Reus/Aguero or even Hazard for that matter. Naive...

Mandzukic or Cavani could join though and that would be a massive transfer. It means Messi will no longer be the false 9 focal point but play deeper in the center. And this might mean we will be looking to play Pique/Masche in more advanced roles in midfield instead of defense, buying two new CBs and make Busi take over from Xavi, to get more height, power and steel in midfield, while still keeping it Barca like, and giving Messi a deeper role where he can be more of a playmaker.

spark

But if we are going through a revolution, with Lucho wanting a no.9 like Mandzukic or Cavani to play in front of Messi, then there isnt room for all three of Deu, Pedro and Alexis. Especially since Rafinha can play RW and he is almost certain to stay for next season, unlike Deu. Tello, Afellay, Bojan and Cuenca are leaving. We will see if Deu impresses in the pre-season. He might go back on loan again. Deu might be in the process of pulling a Gio Dos Santos. In fact, GDS v2.0 is Deulofeu's nickname in some circles.

What on earth are you talking about?

I

instinct

Why do people link Cavani with us? Where do the rumours suddenly come from?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
This whole talk about buying a CF and selling Alexis makes sense only if Lucho wants to put Messi on the right. Maybe Lucho wants a Neymar-Llorente-Messi front 3.

I hope Messi will stay in the center, as a false 9 or as a CAM. Him in the right would be wrong.

Getting Llorente makes little sense unless he is a bench option. The whole idea of getting a true CF is for him to be mobile and technical enough to alternate between wing play and center play. Having a CF like Llorente who is a pure box player is not the ideal situation.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
What about all those people that wanted Deulofeu to take that left wing spot before Neymar signed? Fact is that Deulofeu is one of the brightest prospects to come through La Masia since Messi himself. That Everton found themselves in contention for a UCL spot and that Roberto Martinez subsequently decided to rely on older players isn't his fault. Deulofeu deserves a chance to show us what he's got, and I don't think he can do that if he's constantly loaned away from the team?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Mandzukic or Cavani could join though and that would be a massive transfer. It means Messi will no longer be the false 9 focal point but play deeper in the center. And this might mean we will be looking to play Pique/Masche in more advanced roles in midfield instead of defense, buying two new CBs and make Busi take over from Xavi, to get more height, power and steel in midfield, while still keeping it Barca like, and giving Messi a deeper role where he can be more of a playmaker.

I've seen you suggest already more than once to move Pique into midfield. Stop it. That's nonsense.

serghei

Getting Llorente makes little sense unless he is a bench option. The whole idea of getting a true CF is for him to be mobile and technical enough to alternate between wing play and center play. Having a CF like Llorente who is a pure box player is not the ideal situation.

When we got Ibra, he didn't alternate. It's not a rule that a CF in 443 alternates between center and wing. Eto'o himself stayed 80% of the time in his classic no 9 role.

L

Learo

What on earth are you talking about?

Gio Dos Santos was the new Ronaldinho from our youth system. People thought he could take over for the great one. His skills were beyond comprehension, but he was a blowhard. So full of himself, but he went to England to develop and become the superstar he was meant to be according to himself. He failed miserably, threw tantrums and the fans mocked his attitude and selfish style. Some Everton supporters see Deulofeu as GDS version 2.0, beta version. And they are not happy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gio Dos Santos was the new Ronaldinho from our youth system. People thought he could take over for the great one. His skills were beyond comprehension, but he was a blowhard. So full of himself, but he went to England to develop and become the superstar he was meant to be according to himself. He failed miserably, threw tantrums and the fans mocked his attitude and selfish style. Some Everton supporters see Deulofeu as GDS version 2.0, beta version. And they are not happy.

Do those everton supporters coincidentally share the same name as you?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
When we got Ibra, he didn't alternate. It's not a rule that a CF in 443 alternates between center and wing. Eto'o himself stayed 80% of the time in his classic no 9 role.

Firstly, Ibra was a hell of a lot more mobile than Llorente. Secondly, when the team got Ibra, Messi wasn't years removed from the RW like he is now. Getting a Llorente right now would either require moving Messi back to RW which would not be a smart idea for plenty of reasons, chief among them the fact that it would be a huge misuse of his talents, or the team to change formations to accommodate both Llorente and Messi playing through the middle, which would ripple down to other positions on the team needing some changes as well.

It isn't ideal unless it is a secondary type of formation.

L

Learo

I've seen you suggest already more than once to move Pique into midfield. Stop it. That's nonsense.

I dont think it is. We are seeing the rumours that back it up. Masche is told to get ready for midfield again. Pique used to play DM in La Liga before joining us. Lucho desperately want 2 new CBs. Xavi is on his last breath. Lucho is seeking more power, strength and steel in midfield, but we are not really in the market for any midfielders, and there is a drought of midfield talent on the market, capable of being remotely able take over from Xavi. The only way I see us keep the tiki-taka style while simultanously adding more strength and height is to re-shuffle our current squad. Pique and Masche have played the style for years and know the style, unlike midfielders coming in from a different system. Getting two great new CBs is definitely easier in today's market than to replace Xavi with someone on the market and at the same time add more strength and power to our midfield.

Last edited:

Agreed. If we're moving him anywhere, it should be to CAM.

Kerrybai

eh the Everton fans liked Deu, they felt he should have played more in fact.

I see no reason Deu couldn't challenge Alexis within 2 seasons. He has the skill set , it's a question of how hard he works.

Home of Barca Fans