Gerard Deulofeu

spark

But Deulofeu loses the ball constantly. That's the problem, not just that he's selfish. He makes a lot of bad passes in midlfield, loses the ball when dribbling way to often and it looks like he can't see better positioned teammates in front of goal at all. Go to youtube and look for some of his Everton videos. Not highlights, but the videos of all his touches. He's sill young, so he can improve, but if he doesn't change his game he'll become bust, guaranteed.

He really doesnt lose the ball that much, statistically much less per game than Rafinha, or some of our forwards.

Zangash

Banned
Don't think he is ready for Barca. He is even not the regular starter in Everton.

Why would Everton start a player they're only going to have for one season regularly? It's not like Lukaku where he was more or less the only option to play in his position.

Butaan4barca

he can actually be very useful. he can take up, right wide winger role. We don't have someone with that profile, who can stay right wide on the line and can actually deliver crosses

L

Learo

Why would Everton start a player they're only going to have for one season regularly? It's not like Lukaku where he was more or less the only option to play in his position.

Are you saying that clubs dont want to play their best players if they are loanees? Ive never heard about that before, and decades of loan deals suggest that it is baloney.

serghei

:lol:
I love how people who are clamoring for an Alexis exit believes Deulofeu will be an upgrade over the Chilean.

Yea, shocks me everytime too. I'd understand if someone wants Alexis to be sold to make room for a possibly better player like Reus/Aguero, but to trade Alexis for Deulofeu means that people must really hate this player.

Trickykid

Yea, shocks me everytime too. I'd understand if someone wants Alexis to be sold to make room for a possibly better player like Reus/Aguero, but to trade Alexis for Deulofeu means that people must really hate this player.
Exactly. It would take shit-ton of money to upgrade Alexis - not a prospect like Deulofeu.

L

Learo

But if we are going through a revolution, with Lucho wanting a no.9 like Mandzukic or Cavani to play in front of Messi, then there isnt room for all three of Deu, Pedro and Alexis. Especially since Rafinha can play RW and he is almost certain to stay for next season, unlike Deu. Tello, Afellay, Bojan and Cuenca are leaving. We will see if Deu impresses in the pre-season. He might go back on loan again. Deu might be in the process of pulling a Gio Dos Santos. In fact, GDS v2.0 is Deulofeu's nickname in some circles.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans