Gerard Deulofeu

spark

Gio Dos Santos was the new Ronaldinho from our youth system. People thought he could take over for the great one. His skills were beyond comprehension, but he was a blowhard. So full of himself, but he went to England to develop and become the superstar he was meant to be according to himself. He failed miserably, threw tantrums and the fans mocked his attitude and selfish style. Some Everton supporters see Deulofeu as GDS version 2.0, beta version. And they are not happy.

So unhappy the made him a song and sung it even when didnt play?

The likeliness of any Everton supporter even remembering Giovani, who was only in the news for partying while at Tottenham and drawing parallels with a player who is nothing alike seems far fetched so I begin to wonder why you are making that comparison yourself.

L

Learo

That hate :VdB:

But Everton supporters isnt a single person with one opinion. There are a multitude of opinions about Deulofeu among Everton supporters, and some see him as a blowhard and a GDS v2.0, not worthy of Everton. I didnt say they hate him though.

XaviMessiGirl

Regardless, it seems the vast majority liked him. A few months ago I chatted with an Everton fan on another forum who regularly goes to games, he confirmed that he's well-liked by matchgoers in general. What a few might say doesn't constitute an entire fanbase's opinion.

L

Learo

lol @the suggestion to play Pique in the midfield.

In fact, I think he will do even better there, as his main weakness, lack of concentration, is less exposed in that position than as the last man. He has all the attributes to do great in his former position, and I am sure Lucho is on the case. I cant see anyone better than Busi to replace Xavi for next season. A midfield of Pique/Masche as DM, Busi/Xavi as CM and Iniesta/Rafinha as AM seems good to me. Especially with Messi in a more deeper role behind a no.9 striker. Our new RB should be able to support the right side of the pitch. It addresses many of of the weaknesses we have had this season, including lack of physique and aerial ability, poor work rate and strength in midfield, a Messi that is too isolated up front, too short forwards, no plan B and a lack of motivation. Lets be honest; Messi's best position is behind a no.9.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Gio Dos Santos was the new Ronaldinho from our youth system. People thought he could take over for the great one. His skills were beyond comprehension, but he was a blowhard. So full of himself, but he went to England to develop and become the superstar he was meant to be according to himself. He failed miserably, threw tantrums and the fans mocked his attitude and selfish style. Some Everton supporters see Deulofeu as GDS version 2.0, beta version. And they are not happy.

I'm just wondering, why should anyone here give a damn what Everton's fans think? I'm sure their one season with Deulofeu and their zero seasons with Giovani have given them an intimate knowledge of these two players and their Barca careers, but seriously, who the fuck cares what they think? An Everton fan call call him GDS 2.0 and not be happy all they like, but they're a Europa league team from England discussing a 20 year old from one of the best clubs in the world. The fact that he won't be playing at Everton again invalidates their opinion even more. I've spoken to Espanyol fans who think Messi is a dictator that abuses the younger players and isn't contributing to the team anymore. They're taken about as seriously as these "Unhappy" Everton supporters should be.

anguy

In fact, I think he will do even better there, as his main weakness, lack of concentration, is less exposed in that position than as the last man. He has all the attributes to do great in his former position, and I am sure Lucho is on the case. I cant see anyone better than Busi to replace Xavi for next season. A midfield of Pique/Masche as DM, Busi/Xavi as CM and Iniesta/Rafinha as AM seems good to me.

Pique is slow and clumsy.

Zangash

Banned
Our midfield has never been about pace.

Pique does not possess a single tool Busquets has to make him playing CDM even remotely feasible. We might as well bring Yaya back or promote Samper if we ever find ourselves making the incredibly stupid decision of moving Busi to CM.

L

Learo

Pique does not possess a single tool Busquets has to make him playing CDM even remotely feasible. We might as well bring Yaya back or promote Samper if we ever find ourselves making the incredibly stupid decision of moving Busi to CM.

Actually, Pique's attacking qualities can not be underestimated. He is a very versatile player with great eye for the goal. I think Busi for sure will play alot of games as CM next season. Xavi simply can not be replaced by any player on the market and Busi is the closest we have. Our decline is closely tied to the decline of Xavi. Pique has everything needed to be a great DM, after all, he used to play there. Great tackling, great heading, good positioning, strong passer, a dominant force in midfield we could need.

Zangash

Banned
Actually, Pique's attacking qualities can not be underestimated. He is a very versatile player with great eye for the goal. I think Busi for sure will play alot of games as CM next season. Xavi simply can not be replaced by any player on the market and Busi is the closest we have. Our decline is closely tied to the decline of Xavi. Pique has everything needed to be a great DM, after all, he used to play there. Great tackling, great heading, good positioning, strong passer, a dominant force in midfield we could need.

We'd be much better off just finding an alternative to Xavi. Moving Busquets to fill in for Xavi and filling his position with a player far inferior in the single pivot role is exactly how we lost to a team that is now set to play in the 2nd division next season. Moving Busi away from his CDM position is counterproductive, he's the only player we have that can dream of playing the position well. Moving him to CM and Pique to CDM is like making Messi play in midfield with Neymar shifting to the middle and Iniesta moving to the left wing. Sure, it could possibly work, but that's probably not a good idea.

Crixus

@lucasammr Ballague went on a radio in Liverpool to tell Everton supporters Deulofeu is gonna be loaned to them again .
I don't know anyone heard of this, if true that only means we signed a winger or a CF .

Zangash

Banned
@lucasammr Ballague went on a radio in Liverpool to tell Everton supporters Deulofeu is gonna be loaned to them again .
I don't know anyone heard of this, if true that only means we signed a winger or a CF .

You'll really believe anti-Barca Balague over Barca the club and our new manager?

Deulofeu is 100% coming back. There will be no more loans.

Home of Barca Fans