Gerard Deulofeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not happy that he's not going to be learning here but it could end up to be an important step for him. A 2nd loan will make it more difficult for him to return so it's probably either a breakout season or he might find himself behind Munir/Adama in the pecking order. Emery is a hardass so he has the opportunity to improve a lot but he needs to open up to it as well, the student has to receive what the teacher gives after all.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He's not even that good. Pedro is still ahead of him, by a long shot. Neymar, Messi, Pedro, Suarez, Rafinha is more than enough firepower upfront. Nobody else in that list provides the type of combinations and movement that Pedro does, so tactically I'd never put Deulofeu ahead of him anyway.

I don't see Deulofeu having a very bright future at Barca.

Galning

Suarez is not better than Sergi Roberto and has not even played any first team minutes.

Why would they send out Duelofeu if they expect him to get plenty of minutes? It doesnt make sense.

Over the year's I've learnt that getting into a discussion with you is not beneficial at all so I'm gonna leave it at that.
I said "he could have" not "they expect him to..".

Zangash

Banned
He's not even that good. Pedro is still ahead of him, by a long shot. Neymar, Messi, Pedro, Suarez, Rafinha is more than enough firepower upfront. Nobody else in that list provides the type of combinations and movement that Pedro does, so tactically I'd never put Deulofeu ahead of him anyway.

I don't see Deulofeu having a very bright future at Barca.

Haha, the Pedro fan puts down Deulofeu.

If Pedro was 20 years old with his current quality he'd have been cut from the team a long time ago.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Any minutes that Deulofeu can be given to other youngsters who dont need the same level of first team football that Deulofeu needs.

More room for the likes of Hallilovic, Adama to get their minutes if called up from B team and at same time gives Deulofeu gets the first team minutes he needs.

Dont see what the fuss is about.

What if he does not want to come to barca anymore? It happened with lukaku. It can happen with Deulofeu. Knowing barca we will sign one more forward next season. Plus we don't know for sure he will change at Sevilla. His decision making and work rate has to improve. Lucho is the ideal person to do just that, if emery promises to do something like that then it would not be that much of a bad decision.

JamDav1982

Over the year's I've learnt that getting into a discussion with you is not beneficial at all so I'm gonna leave it at that.
I said "he could have" not "they expect him to..".

I think the fact they are sending him on loan shows the management teams thoughts on how likely he is to get minutes this season.

It is their opinion that will matter on any minutes he could be expected to get.

He could have got very little minutes also.

Adversus

Lucho has some fucked up logic. First he sells Alexis who is obviously miles better than pedro and now wants to loan Deulofeu to buy his play toy for fucking 40M. His Vermalen deal does not make much sense too. I think lucho has lost his brain. Deulofeu if used properly he is better than pedro. Deulofeu needs to learn from the best players and start playing barca way. This move is fucking ridiculous. This is a disaster waiting to happen. It will be just like Lukaku at chelsea. I am telling you this is the problem with coaches who have big personality. Lucho better win league or CL this season, i will be fucking disappointed if he did not.

Tello got his chance at first team i don't see why deulofeu needs to be denied by that option. Give him one season, he will be motivated by the chance of playing at a big club like barca. If we send him on loan we will get the same old Deulofeu, he can only change at barca and no other club will be that much useful to him.

That's the thing though. Enrique already knows that he has to win the league or the CL otherwise he's out. He can't afford to risk his job on someone that he needs to motivate the right way.

Pep was a great manager for Barca but what was remarkable about his team was that they all bought into it, the high intensity pressing game and ultimately he knew when to leave because he could see that they had lost maybe only 1% of their hunger. Enrique can't take that risk with a player who isn't showing it just because he's got potential.

Hopefully it is just the manager trying to motivate Deulofeu and he will respond the right way however I just have a feeling like Lukaku he isn't the kind of player that responds well to that.

JamDav1982

What if he does not want to come to barca anymore? It happened with lukaku. It can happen with Deulofeu. Knowing barca we will sign one more forward next season. Plus we don't know for sure he will change at Sevilla. His decision making and work rate has to improve. Lucho is the ideal person to do just that, if emery promises to do something like that then it would not be that much of a bad decision.

Lukaku was sold because Mourinho did not want him.

I am sure he would have stayed if he was going to be a first team player.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Lukaku was sold because Mourinho did not want him.

I am sure he would have stayed if he was going to be a first team player.

That deal still cracks me up. Lukaku was supposed to replace Drogba but 36 year old drogba replaces him. :lol: But they got very decent money from him. Not so bad deal i would say. If Costa performs like last season they won't miss him.

Antimadridista1

That was not Zubi's call, when are you going to learn this?

Deulo's attitude is childish to say the least and Lucho shows who's the boss here. Better that than to keep him and make him warm the bench.

Everytime I read what you write on this forum, I feel like I'm wasting my time.
Are you working for the club ? How can you say such a thing ? As Bojan said, who's responsible for a season wasted at Everton ? Lucho or Zubizarretta ?
When are you going to learn to use your brain ?

F

Flavia

<s>@</s>fiazhamsath <small class="time"> 56 seg
</small> Lucho (May 21, 2014): “Who stood out from my Barça B team? Deulofeu is the stand out. He’s got speed, he can beat a player and score goals.”

Lucho rates him. So something must've happened.

JamDav1982

Everytime I read what you write on this forum, I feel like I'm wasting my time.
Are you working for the club ? How can you say such a thing ? As Bojan said, who's responsible for a season wasted at Everton ? Lucho or Zubizarretta ?
When are you going to learn to use your brain ?

Why do you think it was a season wasted at Everton?

He was under the perfect coach to learn from.

Home of Barca Fans