Gerard Deulofeu

Adversus

Lukaku was sold because Mourinho did not want him.

I am sure he would have stayed if he was going to be a first team player.

Mourinho did want him he just didn't want to put his trust in a 21 year old which like Deulofeu is totally understandable but he wanted him in the squad. In fact Mourinho sounded very bitter that he left.

That's the problem at top clubs, the young players need game time and they don't get that. It's a great move by Deulofeu, shame he isn't coming back to Everton but it's good for him and it's a great move by Lukaku as well.

JamDav1982

<s>@</s>fiazhamsath <small class="time"> 56 seg
</small> Lucho (May 21, 2014): “Who stood out from my Barça B team? Deulofeu is the stand out. He’s got speed, he can beat a player and score goals.”

Lucho rates him. So something must've happened.

Still think this could be down to Xavi staying meaning Rafinha will be the back up on the RW and no role for Duelofeu.

He would get very little minutes if that is the case, most likely to be token minutes here and there in cup or in CL once qualified.

It is not what he need. He needs first team football and those minutes in turn can be better used to Munir, Halilovic or Adama if need be.

JamDav1982

Mourinho did want him he just didn't want to put his trust in a 21 year old which like Deulofeu is totally understandable but he wanted him in the squad. In fact Mourinho sounded very bitter that he left.

That's the problem at top clubs, the young players need game time and they don't get that. It's a great move by Deulofeu, shame he isn't coming back to Everton but it's good for him and it's a great move by Lukaku as well.

Why would Mourinho have sold him if he wanted him in the squad?

Loaning him out last year, not giving him a squad number or including him this summer suggests he was not his biggest fan.

Mourinho didnt rate him at all it seems.

Zangash

Banned
What if he does not want to come to barca anymore? It happened with lukaku. It can happen with Deulofeu. Knowing barca we will sign one more forward next season. Plus we don't know for sure he will change at Sevilla. His decision making and work rate has to improve. Lucho is the ideal person to do just that, if emery promises to do something like that then it would not be that much of a bad decision.

If he doesn't want to come back to the club he's dreamed of playing for since he was 8 years old he can fuck right off. I find that unlikely, though. Rafinha at 20 was loaned out and came back a much better player. We're probably more pissed off about Gerard going to Sevilla than he is, tbh.

F

Flavia

Still think this could be down to Xavi staying meaning Rafinha will be the back up on the RW and no role for Duelofeu.

He would get very little minutes if that is the case, most likely to be token minutes here and there in cup or in CL once qualified.

It is not what he need. He needs first team football and those minutes in turn can be better used to Munir, Halilovic or Adama if need be.

It could be, but Lucho didn't start him in any of the pre-season games, and also criticized him publicly. I don't think it's only down to minutes.

F

Frejsgodes

What if he does not want to come to barca anymore? It happened with lukaku. It can happen with Deulofeu.

It doesn't matter what Deulofeu wants. He has signed a contract which keeps him at Barca till 2017. So if we need him for the 2015/2016 season he'll come back and be a part of the squad. If not, then we likely sell him. But Deulofeu himself is in no position to make demands.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I really thought Deulofeu would be part of the project. Surprised by this to be sure.

Sevilla might be a good spot for him to play regularly, but he better take advantage of this because his changes at Barca are very quickly dwindling.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If he doesn't want to come back to the club he's dreamed of playing for since he was 8 years old he can fuck right off. I find that unlikely, though. Rafinha at 20 was loaned out and came back a much better player. We're probably more pissed off about Gerard going to Sevilla than he is, tbh.

I guess you are right. I am clearing letting this get to my head. I can only hope everything works at the end of season. I don't know deulofeu or any other barca player like lucho does. He is the chief, i think i will just leave it at that.

Cuadrado deal is imminent right? There were some rumors that we are out of cuadrado race. If that is true we don't have enough depth in the front line.

Zangash

Banned
Why would Mourinho have sold him if he wanted him in the squad?

Loaning him out last year, not giving him a squad number or including him this summer suggests he was not his biggest fan.

Mourinho didnt rate him at all it seems.

Half the stuff to come from that pito's mouth is garbage. Lukaku was better than all of Chelsea's strikers last season but apparently he only left because he's young and wanted to play more and everyone knows young players are useless no matter how well they perform, and he was in no way in a position to possibly displace Eto'o, Torres, or Ba.

Mourinho didn't rate him. That's it. Deulofeu being loaned out isn't because he isn't rated by Lucho, it's because he has growing to do.

Zangash

Banned
I guess you are right. I am clearing letting this get to my head. I can only hope everything works at the end of season. I don't know deulofeu or any other barca player like lucho does. He is the chief, i think i will just leave it at that.

Cuadrado deal is imminent right? There were some rumors that we are out of cuadrado race. If that is true we don't have enough depth in the front line.

I don't see us signing Cuadrado, tbh. Seems like another Thiago Silva to me. I would be more inclined to expect to see Sandro and Munir get some decent minutes in situations where we may be in need of depth, though.

Galning

It's clear Lucho didn't rate him, otherwise he'd still be here. If he thought he was good enough he wouldn't be loaned, it's pretty simple. Good luck Gerard next season, let's just hope him and Denis don't run riot against us.

CatalinR10

Officially off to Sevilla for a season.

simon-cowell-wtf-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-143.gif

Home of Barca Fans