Gerard Deulofeu

Adversus

Why would Mourinho have sold him if he wanted him in the squad?

Loaning him out last year, not giving him a squad number or including him this summer suggests he was not his biggest fan.

Mourinho didnt rate him at all it seems.

Rubbish. Obviously being an Evertonian I've been following the whole saga a little more closely than you but in a nutshell Mourinho wanted him both last season and this season. Last season Lukaku put in a transfer request because he wasn't guaranteed 1st team football and as a compromise Mourinho let him go on loan. This season especially considering what they had said to each other through the media Mourinho in the end thought he wasn't worth the hassle but even though still held out for a very big transfer fee. He was only allowed to go once Drogba had been secured.

Half the stuff to come from that pito's mouth is garbage. Lukaku was better than all of Chelsea's strikers last season but apparently he only left because he's young and wanted to play more and everyone knows young players are useless no matter how well they perform, and he was in no way in a position to possibly displace Eto'o, Torres, or Ba.

Mourinho didn't rate him. That's it. Deulofeu being loaned out isn't because he isn't rated by Lucho, it's because he has growing to do.

The one thing I said was that Deulofeu wasn't ready. Looks like I was right after all.

jamrock

he should have at least loaned him out earlier, once he saw he wasn't what he wanted. so he could get a proper pre season with sevilla, he will run riot in a system like sevilla's once he settles.

JamDav1982

Rubbish. Obviously being an Evertonian I've been following the whole saga a little more closely than you but in a nutshell Mourinho wanted him both last season and this season. Last season Lukaku put in a transfer request because he wasn't guaranteed 1st team football and as a compromise Mourinho let him go on loan. This season especially considering what they had said to each other through the media Mourinho in the end thought he wasn't worth the hassle but even though still held out for a very big transfer fee. He was only allowed to go once Drogba had been secured.

The one thing I said was that Deulofeu wasn't ready. Looks like I was right after all.

No way would Mourinho compromise and give in to a young player and let him go out on loan if he wanted him in the team.

Being and 'Evertonian' does not give you any greater insight and is not a trump card.

Clear as day Mourinho did not rate him or want him last season and little seemed to change this summer. Mourinho is not the type to be bullied into any kind of compromise from young player he rates.

Just look at the different way he has treated Courtois. Who almost certainly was looking to leave and wanted assurances about first team football.

Zangash

Banned

You also said he should have stayed on at Everton, which was rubbish. Like I said, half the stuff to come from you is garbage. Everton isn't good enough of a team to bench him the way they did and him being wasting the entire 2013/14 season on your bench is the prime reason why he needs to go out on loan again, and there's a reason why he's going to Sevilla and Everton weren't even considered, despite most of their papers liking to think they were.

Adversus

No way would Mourinho compromise and give in to a young player and let him go out on loan if he wanted him in the team.

Being and 'Evertonian' does not give you any greater insight and is not a trump card.

Clear as day Mourinho did not rate him or want him last season and little seemed to change this summer. Mourinho is not the type to be bullied into any kind of compromise from young player he rates.

Just look at the different way he has treated Courtois. Who almost certainly was looking to leave and wanted assurances about first team football.

No but being an Evertonian does make me follow it in the news a bit more closely.

Mourinho has come out and said that was the reason he went on loan. Do you remember when he said in the media "Romelu should tell the real reason why he was loaned out", he said this because he was getting so much stick from the British press from loaning him out and at that point he had scored something like 8 goals in his first 10 games and the Chelsea strikers had a couple between all of them.

As for Courtois. Chelsea stopped allowing people to buy his shirt which also happened to Lukaku before he was sold so don't be too certain about that one. Personally I think if I was to choose I would choose Courtois.

Pepe Silvia

Thought for sure LE would be counting on him this season. Surprised like many of you.

So the reasons he left again are:
1) Defensive work rate
2) CR mockery, breaking LE rules
3) To get more consistent play time... I'm still a little foggy on this one.

Adversus

You also said he should have stayed on at Everton, which was rubbish. Like I said, half the stuff to come from you is garbage. Everton isn't good enough of a team to bench him the way they did and him being wasting the entire 2013/14 season on your bench is the prime reason why he needs to go out on loan again, and there's a reason why he's going to Sevilla and Everton weren't even considered, despite most of their papers liking to think they were.

Apparently the rumour is that Martinez didn't want him back probably because he wouldn't get the minutes he needs now that we have Atsu and are close to signing Henen (who is a Belgian and another "next Christiano Ronaldo" lol) so we don't have the room for him.

If he couldn't get on Everton's team as a starter he's bound to struggle at Sevilla too but I hope he will do well at Sevilla.

Did you ever think that Martinez was benching him for the same reasons Lucho has put him out on loan? It's called man-management, this is not some video game where you just give young players game-time and they become world class.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think Lucho might have decided to loan Deulofeu because, with Xavi staying, he wanted to give Rafa more minutes by playing him at RW and CM. This would have meant Deulo would get less minutes and as such Lucho allowed him to leave on loan to Sevilla where there would be more chances of him developing.

JamDav1982

No but being an Evertonian does make me follow it in the news a bit more closely.

Mourinho has come out and said that was the reason he went on loan. Do you remember when he said in the media "Romelu should tell the real reason why he was loaned out", he said this because he was getting so much stick from the British press from loaning him out and at that point he had scored something like 8 goals in his first 10 games and the Chelsea strikers had a couple between all of them.

As for Courtois. Chelsea stopped allowing people to buy his shirt which also happened to Lukaku before he was sold so don't be too certain about that one. Personally I think if I was to choose I would choose Courtois.

I remember fine Mourinho saying thats why he sent Lukaku on loan and it came across as lies to save face as he let Lukaku go and he was scoring more goals than the strikers he kept.

Mourinho as usual was speaking shite to save face.

If Mourinho rated Lukaku he would not have brought in Etoo and have Lukaku arguably fourth choice. Lukaku clearly picked up on fact he was not in for a lot of game time or rated by Mourinho.

As I have said look at the different way Mourinho treats a young player with the same fears but one he rates - Courtouis.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'll add that Unai Emery is fantastic at developing youngsters. Deulofeu will come back a better player next season as a result of this loan. IMO, he should have gone to Sevilla last season in the first place.

JamDav1982

I'll add that Unai Emery is fantastic at developing youngsters. Deulofeu will come back a better player next season as a result of this loan. IMO, he should have gone to Sevilla last season in the first place.

Not sure the Valencia fans would agree with that!

How many young players did he bring through there?

They almost blame him single handedly for the farce of losing Isco for 6m as he never played him.

Home of Barca Fans