Gerard Deulofeu

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Not sure the Valencia fans would agree with that!

How many young players did he bring through there?

They almost blame him single handedly for the farce of losing Isco for 6m as he never played him.

I don't know about that. It's the reputation he's been given by the media though.

Richard.H

A bit sad about this situation. He was presented alongside Rafinha and was hyped to be a winger for us. Most people even believed he would start in our frontline if both Neymar and Suarez would be out/injured. Then, he was later seen mocking Ronaldo's celebration. This is an awkward situation for Deulofeu. I just hope his confidence isn't extremely damaged.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Saw this on twitter:

Difference between using Munir/Adama occasionally & using Deulofeu. Latter can't play for B-team. M/A can & won't affect their development. So if Lucho thinks Deulofeu might not get enough mins for his further development, perfect thing for Deulofeu & Barça in long run: Loan him.

Adversus

I remember fine Mourinho saying thats why he sent Lukaku on loan and it came across as lies to save face as he let Lukaku go and he was scoring more goals than the strikers he kept.

Mourinho as usual was speaking shite to save face.

If Mourinho rated Lukaku he would not have brought in Etoo and have Lukaku arguably fourth choice. Lukaku clearly picked up on fact he was not in for a lot of game time or rated by Mourinho.

As I have said look at the different way Mourinho treats a young player with the same fears but one he rates - Courtouis.

Well look if you can't even believe what Mourinho says himself then there's not much point in discussing it plus Lukaku never denied it just saying it was private but what he did say was that it was his decision to go on loan.

As I said there's no guarantee Coutouis is staying at Chelsea. They stopped printing his shirts. Although I would like to add Coutouis is a better player in his position than Lukaku is in his, for me he is one of the top 5 goal keepers in the world right now never mind about his age. The problem with Lukaku at Everton is that he's not ready to lead the line for a team who are aiming to win both the league and the CL. Coutouis is ready.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I just hope that there's more to Lucho's reasoning for loaning him than just "my way or the highway."

Doesn't need that much reasoning other than LE thinking his overall game is lacking and/or in need of maturing. With Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Pedro and Rafinha set to take the majority of the front-line minutes, perhaps Lucho expected a more polished Deulofeu that just wasn't there.

I think in the end the loan will be better for Deulofeu. The way LE was grumbling his dissatisfaction about him, I feared for his playing time. It is likely that at Sevilla he will see Rafinha at Celta type of minutes, if he proves capable of course. That will help the player and the team.

JamDav1982

Well look if you can't even believe what Mourinho says himself then there's not much point in discussing it plus Lukaku never denied it just saying it was private but what he did say was that it was his decision to go on loan.

As I said there's no guarantee Coutouis is staying at Chelsea. They stopped printing his shirts. Although I would like to add Coutouis is a better player in his position than Lukaku is in his, for me he is one of the top 5 goal keepers in the world right now never mind about his age. The problem with Lukaku at Everton is that he's not ready to lead the line for a team who are aiming to win both the league and the CL. Coutouis is ready.

I dont believe a word Mourinho says in instances like that where he will twist things to protect himself.

Fact remains Lukaku did not feel valued by Mourinho and the actions of Mourinho suggest he was correct.

Adversus

I dont believe a word Mourinho says in instances like that where he will twist things to protect himself.

Fact remains Lukaku did not feel valued by Mourinho and the actions of Mourinho suggest he was correct.

But he called on Lukaku to tell the truth. If he was lying do you think he would do that or do you not think Lukaku would call him out on it?

However Luaku didn't say it was bollocks and all he did say was that it was a private matter but emphasised that it was also his decision.

You and Lukaku are right. Mourinho didn't see him as first choice but given that he is 21 that's far from saying he didn't rate him. He offered him him a new contract (remember he had only 2 years left) and a choice of either staying as a squad player or going back to Everton on loan but Lukaku refused to sign saying he wanted his future sorted out which then meant Chelsea had to sell him or risk him going for peanuts in a year. Even after all that they still held on for 28m.

JamDav1982

But he called on Lukaku to tell the truth. If he was lying do you think he would do that or do you not think Lukaku would call him out on it?

However Luaku didn't say it was bollocks and all he did say was that it was a private matter but emphasised that it was also his decision.

You and Lukaku are right. Mourinho didn't see him as first choice but given that he is 21 that's far from saying he didn't rate him. He offered him him a new contract (remember he had only 2 years left) and a choice of either staying as a squad player or going back to Everton on loan but Lukaku refused to sign saying he wanted his future sorted out which then meant Chelsea had to sell him or risk him going for peanuts in a year. Even after all that they still held on for 28m.

Who said Lukaku wanted to be first choice at Chelsea? He was looking third choice and possibly even fourth.

Can totally understand why he wanted to leave and Mourinho didnt put up much of a fight as he would and has done with players he rates good enough for his squad.

No way on earth would Mourinho let a 21 year old dictate to him if he rated him as part of his first team plans.

It is clear as day Mourinho did not rate him.

Can pretty much guarantee if you asked Lukaku 'did Mourinho rate you or give you a fair chance?'. He would say no.

Offering him a contract mean nothing other than they didnt want him leaving for free in a year. Whether Mourinho rate him or not he would have been offered that contract.

Edit: Not leave for free but cheaper.

Yannick03

This was the best solution for Deulofeu, he would have been 4th choice at the wing anyway behind Neymar, Suarez and Pedro. He's young and he needs playing time, this is what he's gonna get now. I hope he develops properly this season and he'll be back next season to take the spot of Pedro in the picking order.

Adversus

Who said Lukaku wanted to be first choice at Chelsea? He was looking third choice and possibly even fourth.

Can totally understand why he wanted to leave and Mourinho didnt put up much of a fight as he would and has done with players he rates good enough for his squad.

No way on earth would Mourinho let a 21 year old dictate to him if he rated him as part of his first team plans.

It is clear as day Mourinho did not rate him.

Can pretty much guarantee if you asked Lukaku 'did Mourinho rate you or give you a fair chance?'. He would say no.

Offering him a contract mean nothing other than they didnt want him leaving for free in a year. Whether Mourinho rate him or not he would have been offered that contract.

Edit: Not leave for free but cheaper.

It's clear as day for someone who has already made up their mind and sees what they want to see and ignores anything that suggests otherwise.

Lukaku said he wanted to be 1st choice.

What are you on about "No way Mourinho would let him dictate terms?"

With the loan or the signing?

If it was the signing Lukaku said during the season at Everton that he wanted to stay and Mourinho laughed it off saying that he must have missed the rule change where players decide. Well the player got his wish. Players always get their wish in football today, why do you think Suarez is playing for Barca this season? Do you think Liverpool wanted to sell him?

If it was the loan Mourinho has already come out and said it and Lukaku didn't deny it. If that doesn't convince you then nothing will.

Believe what you want, it makes no difference to me.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It's clear as day for someone who has already made up their mind and sees what they want to see and ignores anything that suggests otherwise.

What are you on about "No way Mourinho would let him dictate terms?"

With the loan or the signing?

If it was the signing Lukaku said during the season at Everton that he wanted to stay and Mourinho laughed it off saying that he must have missed the rule change where players decide. Well the player got his wish. Players always get their wish in football today, why do you think Suarez is playing for Barca this season? Do you think Liverpool wanted to sell him?

If it was the loan Mourinho has already come out and said it and Lukaku didn't deny it. If that doesn't convince you then nothing will.

Believe what you want, it makes no difference to me.

Players dont always get their way and especially not young players that are not even first choice. Again look at Courtois. Look at Suarez last summer. Plenty of examples.

Chelsea were so so light on forward players last season that if he rated Lukaku and the player had come to him with concerns he would have persuaded him to stay or simply told him he was going nowhere. He did neither, he let him go.

Not one action Mourinho has taken suggests he rates him at all good enough for Chelsea.

Adversus

Players dont always get their way and especially not young players that are not even first choice. Again look at Courtois. Look at Suarez last summer. Plenty of examples.

Chelsea were so so light on forward players last season that if he rated Lukaku and the player had come to him with concerns he would have persuaded him to stay or simply told him he was going nowhere. He did neither, he let him go.

Not one action Mourinho has taken suggests he rates him at all good enough for Chelsea.

Bored now

Home of Barca Fans