Gerard Deulofeu

JamDav1982

It sucks but I don't think hes gonna get many opportunities. I hope gets at least 15 mins today

They were talking about Duelofeu on Revista last week.

Basically Emery does not like what he sees in training and thinks Duelofeu is too easy going and wants to rely on his talent alone. His work rate off the ball and willingness to take on instructions is not being shown day in day out.

Emery is trying to snap some passion and desire into him, hence almost ripping his arm off before he was due to enter field last week.

I think Emery is 100% correct and he should not play him until he sees what he wants from Duelfoeu, it is the only way he will learn.

Trickykid

Basically Emery does not like what he sees in training and thinks Duelofeu is too easy going and wants to rely on his talent alone. His work rate off the ball and willingness to take on instructions is not being shown day in day out.

Emery is trying to snap some passion and desire into him, hence almost ripping his arm off before he was due to enter field last week.

I think Emery is 100% correct and he should not play him until he sees what he wants from Duelfoeu, it is the only way he will learn.
It would make sense, as it could easily have been the reason Lucho didn't want him around this season.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

It would make sense, as it could easily have been the reason Lucho didn't want him around this season.

And many of us also got the same vibe from his time in Everton - shame really, talent is there but some other parts of him need to fall in place before he can turn into a future world class player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Might be the same thing Roberto Martinez thought. That he must deserve it and not being handed a start just because he's loaned from FC Barcelona.

DonAK

On the pitch and getting whistled every single time he gets the ball. I hope he gets a goal to shut up those espanyol fans.

Still think the loan was a bad decision. He's clearly a confidence player and he's been told he isn't wanted without being given a chance. Great management.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Emery does not look happy with him. Deulofeu looks lazy and plain uninterested in the game.

Definitely not the demeanor of a player who is looking to prove his worth and prove others wrong.

DonAK

Still think the loan was a bad decision. He's clearly a confidence player and he's been told he isn't wanted without being given a chance. Great management.

He should then atleast show something at Sevilla instead of looking uninterested. Have seen Emery shouting at him a couple of times already since he came on.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

That makes no sense. He was recalled from loan and give a chance to earn a spot in pre-season. He failed to impress the new coach who asked for his loan to be ended.

Furthermore, if he were disappointed and angry at getting loaned again, his response should be one of hunger and eagerness to prove his doubters wrong. He is looking the exact opposite of that.

DonAK

If he continues like this then Emery should keep him on the bench. Maybe this is the reason he never really got much of a chance at Everton. And then everyone were blaming Roberto Martinez.

Talent mean shit all if you're not willing to work hard.

He should then atleast show something at Sevilla instead of looking uninterested. Have seen Emery shouting at him a couple of times already since he came on.

Had he been given the chances Munir has (and he's been brilliant, nothing against him) I'm certain he'd have played his way into the team. He came back from Everton basically being told he'd be in the first team squad, doesn't play in pre-season and then gets put out on loan again without playing. I can imagine why he's disappointed. I agree he should work a bit harder but I bet he's absolutely gutted.

That makes no sense. He was recalled from loan and give a chance to earn a spot in pre-season. He failed to impress the new coach who asked for his loan to be ended.

Furthermore, if he were disappointed and angry at getting loaned again, his response should be one of hunger and eagerness to prove his doubters wrong. He is looking the exact opposite of that.

'Given a chance?' was he? I must have missed that. It's much easier to impress with Messi and Iniesta alongside you, rather than Sandro and Sergi Roberto.

Home of Barca Fans