Gerard Deulofeu

JamDav1982

Had he been given the chances Munir has (and he's been brilliant, nothing against him) I'm certain he'd have played his way into the team. He came back from Everton basically being told he'd be in the first team squad, doesn't play in pre-season and then gets put out on loan again without playing. I can imagine why he's disappointed. I agree he should work a bit harder but I bet he's absolutely gutted.

Munir was not given his chances out of thin air. His chances in pre season would have been based by the attitude he was showing on and OFF the park.

This Deulofeu situation is not to molly coddle him. It is to test if he has what it takes to learn and adapt as a player. The last thing Lucho wants is all his time taken up trying to change Duelofeu on the training park.

Lucho has bigger worries and a whole host of new signing and a new system to implement.

Most likely he only wants the youngsters that show willingness to learn and cant give him the individual focus that Emery most likely can.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Had he been given the chances Munir has (and he's been brilliant, nothing against him) I'm certain he'd have played his way into the team. He came back from Everton basically being told he'd be in the first team squad, doesn't play in pre-season and then gets put out on loan again without playing. I can imagine why he's disappointed. I agree he should work a bit harder but I bet he's absolutely gutted.

He was given the exact same chance as Munir. The difference was that Munir showed workrate and industry and collective play and goals, whereas Deulofeu showed laziness and selfishness. Munir earned his minutes, Deulofey earned his loan.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Munir probably showed more intent and worked harder than Deulofeu hence the more chances he got. Not that much difference in minutes anyway.

Im a big fan of Gerard, but if he want a future at Barcelona then he should work hard in trainings, in matches, even if it is from start or the 70th minute. Deulofeu need one thing to get in his head and that is that without hard work, he will not be at a top club or get anywhere in his career and that's it. If he want it then he must work for it and not just expect to get it.

There was definitely a difference in minutes, Deulo either came on with 20 mins to go or not at all, whereas Munir played at least 45mins. On top of that, he was brought on once the majority of Barca B were on the pitch. People seem to be taking this as a dig at Munir. Once again, I think he's an excellent player and deserves to be playing. I just think. having been given the chance alongside the best, Gerard could have done the same.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
There was definitely a difference in minutes, Deulo either came on with 20 mins to go or not at all, whereas Munir played at least 45mins. On top of that, he was brought on once the majority of Barca B were on the pitch. People seem to be taking this as a dig at Munir. Once again, I think he's an excellent player and deserves to be playing. I just think. having been given the chance alongside the best, Gerard could have done the same.

You're wrong. Up until the last two games of pre-season when Deulofeu had already fallen from Lucho's grace, he and Munir had very similar amounts of minutes played in the previous 4 pre-season games. In fact, in the first 2 games of pre-season, Deulofeu had played more minutes than Munir. Munir slowly started to get more minutes than Deulofeu as pre-season went on, which pretty much shows how one started to gain more favor with the coach than the other.

Deulofeu was given the same chance as Munir plain and simple, and like I said, Munir earned his minutes, whereas Deulofeu earned his loan.

You're wrong. Up until the last two games of pre-season when Deulofeu had already fallen from Lucho's grace, he and Munir had very similar amounts of minutes played in the previous 4 pre-season games. In fact, in the first 2 games of pre-season, Deulofeu had played more minutes than Munir. Munir slowly started to get more minutes than Deulofeu as pre-season went on, which pretty much shows how one started to gain more favor with the coach than the other.

Deulofeu was given the same chance as Munir plain and simple, and like I said, Munir earned his minutes, whereas Deulofeu earned his loan.

That wasn't the impression I got, but we'll agree to disagree. The positive is obviously that Munir has looked like he's played first team football for years. Long may that continue.

Zangash

Banned
Something is clearly wrong with the way Deulofeu trains, or his attitude, or both. He has all the natural talent needed to be a success here and then some, but he shows time and time again that he doesn't seem to have the mentality this team needs. Adama is a player that is incredibly similar to him but Adama has the mentality of a fighter and will fight tooth and nail to impress no matter how the game is going. He may be behind Munir in development but it's clear both teenagers are far too talented to be playing in the Segunda right now.

Deulofeu is going to be an amazing player one day. This much is for certain. Whether or not he wakes the fuck up will determine if he becomes an amazing player for us, or an amazing player for Manchester City.

F

Flavia

Deulofeu is going to be an amazing player one day. This much is for certain. Whether or not he wakes the fuck up will determine if he becomes an amazing player for us, or an amazing player for Manchester City.
I don't think it's certain anymore. He might end up like Balotelli, an eternal promise. Deulo really need to sort his head out.

jamrock

not every attacking is going to run down his fullback up and down the pitch for most of the game, if fact most don't.

This is delou's biggest issues, if he doesn't want to play like that, he needs to prove he can deliver on the attacking end on a consistent basis and coaches will adjust there tactics to fit him in, other wise it will be wasted talent, because he will never be the hard worker type. he is more like a ibra,mario,ronaldo type player

Richard.H

What really pisses me off is he even has the audacity to get mad at his teammates when they don't pass him the ball. This type of an attitude is an easy way to create problems with your teammates and in turn your coach. I bet he acts like a diva in training ground, like he is too cool for everyone else.

He is still 20 years old, but to me he hasn't really shown anything to prove that he can make it at Barca. He might be great for a midtable La Liga club, but he just doesn't have that work ethic and mentality that's absolutely a prerequisite for all barca players not named Messi.

It's a bit strange since Denis Suarez works so hard on the pitch. He could learn a thing or two from a fellow Canterano.

Richard.H

O come on stop whining! This type of attitude in this forum is really pissing me off!

First of all, it's a grown man sport and if you don't work hard then you will most likely not play. Plain and simple. For focks sake Lucho even demanded our board to put a clause for him where he gets guaranteed a certain amount of minutes during the season.

This mentality of treating these players like kids is in fact ruining them. They are grown man and they should realize that if they don't put all their effort into the game, then their job will be in danger (unless you are Messi).

Xavinho

Had some problems at training. He either doesn't understand workout or he is taking a piss.

Well, it's good to see him fitting in with his new teammates, but I hope he doesn't mess about with this class clown shit too much. He's there to knuckle down and prove himself.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't think it's certain anymore. He might end up like Balotelli, an eternal promise. Deulo really need to sort his head out.

I think that's a pretty unfair comparison, tbh...Deulofeu hasn't been a problem within any squad whereas Mario has worn out his welcome everywhere

The only risk that remains, IMHO, is that he fails to deliver for Barcelona because I can't see him failing as a footballer - simply too skilled and driven to win...The hard work & effort is what needs to be consistently demonstrated

I wanted to watch last night but the match ended up too late and I fell asleep sometime during the 1st half - been a tiring couple of weeks on my end

Home of Barca Fans