Gerard Deulofeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just wasted a great counter attack and big chance for Sevilla by being incredibly selfish. Two Sevilla players completely free, but he slowed down and went on his own and shot, which didn't come off obviously.

Bacca and Emery furious.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Deu had a really bad sequence before Valencia's 2nd goal yesterday.

1. The bad free kick which is ok though, that happens.
2. Bad positioning for the 2nd ball. Instead of anticipating a possible pass to Rodrigo (which is actually the only possibility for Valencia to keep the ball) he watches his teammate lose the header.
3. After Rodrigo manages to get some space against him on the wing and passes it to the middle Deu is near Perez who is running into free space.
4. His positioning is very bad again so Perez gets the 2nd ball after a duel at the edge of the box and manages to find Parejo with a nice assist.

I know Deulofeu is not a defensive player but these were some basic mistakes and unfortunately for him all of them led to good decisions by the Valencia players and Parejo finally scored at the end of the counter.

omidferoz

only saw the second half against Madrid, but he didn´t looked that good to be honest. Anyone know if he played good in the first half, can he make it in Barca?

L

linetty

only saw the second half against Madrid, but he didn´t looked that good to be honest. Anyone know if he played good in the first half, can he make it in Barca?
I think he did not look that good in the first half either. Hard to call whether he'll make it or not but I personally am having doubts.

DinhoR10

If we look at his partner in crime last year Rafinha, he played well against both us and Real with Celta and that hjas begun to translate into Barca quality but nothing is set in stone.

Zangash

Banned
If we look at his partner in crime last year Rafinha, he played well against both us and Real with Celta and that hjas begun to translate into Barca quality but nothing is set in stone.

Rafinha had also been a nailed on starter for Celta last season. Deulofeu has only just now begun started playing in these big away games for Sevilla.

He was playing, for all intents and purposes, the best team in Spain. And it's not like he did significantly worse than we did :lol:

DinhoR10

Rafinha had also been a nailed on starter for Celta last season. Deulofeu has only just now begun started playing in these big away games for Sevilla.

He was playing, for all intents and purposes, the best team in Spain. And it's not like he did significantly worse than we did :lol:

True Deu didn't have Lucho to fast track him into the starting 11 and Suarez had been lucky enough to have a proper pre season to help nail down his spot. I honestly hope he make it because he has all the talent in the world, he is as fast as and can dribble as well as raheem sterling so honestly at this point it is just an attitude and workrate thing.

EdmondDantes

He was great in the Premier League, I didn't get why Martinez didn't play him more. Perhaps we should have loaned him to another PL side. Deu is definitely a player I see making it here at Barca, he's got the talent he just needs to piece everything together and once it all clicks he'll be some player. Fingers crossed.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He was great in the Premier League, I didn't get why Martinez didn't play him more. Perhaps we should have loaned him to another PL side. Deu is definitely a player I see making it here at Barca, he's got the talent he just needs to piece everything together and once it all clicks he'll be some player. Fingers crossed.

+1

I think the hamstring injury he got really put a stop to Martinez's plans to integrate Deulo into the team.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
His decision making is awful. Deu has all the tools to be a pretty good winger but he needs to improve his game intelligence. Very frustrating to watch.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
True Deu didn't have Lucho to fast track him into the starting 11 and Suarez had been lucky enough to have a proper pre season to help nail down his spot. I honestly hope he make it because he has all the talent in the world, he is as fast as and can dribble as well as raheem sterling so honestly at this point it is just an attitude and workrate thing.

Technique isn't all about dribbling :)

F

Flavia

He gave an interview to radio marca:

"I'm happy, but I could be even more happy. Things aren't going as I had hoped, but I'm learning a lot."
"Future? I'm now focusing on this season. What will be will be. But I can tell you I don't want another year on loan."

Home of Barca Fans