Gerard Deulofeu

CuleLife4Life

Very petty on Emery's part. Did he actually believe he could keep them? Next time we should send our guys to mid-table Bundesliga teams.

I just checked Denis's appearance history on TransferMarkt and he stopped playing full games in late November. And only had sub appearances after wards with one or two full games in between.All though he did play almost all of their CDR campaign. With them only in La Liga he won't gt the minutes I though he'd get.

As for Deulofeu, I wouldn't be surprised if he got benched because he of his attitude and selfishness. He started the Ream Madrid game and I remember him being so wasteful and not passing. Thats literally the only thing I remember from his game that day. I want the guy to do well but I don't have confidence he'll make it at Barca.

Ritchie

Sell him to the EPL for a good fee with a buy back in case he fulfils his potential. Similar to Romeu with market inflation and his potential factored in with the price.

Zangash

Banned
Considering the hissy fits Sevilla threw in their attempts to sign those two the way Emery is essentially removing the pair of them from his team is shocking. Even with Deu's attitude and tendency to play poorly (Why would he start against RM anyways) he's still been able to contribute to the team thus far and if I'm not mistaken he still has the most assists on their squad, and if these really were the reasons why Emery is doing this it doesn't explain why Denis is getting similar treatment despite being consistent all around for Sevilla.

Something stinks.

DinhoR10

Honestly I think the only way players can make it now is to break straight through to the first team. Rafinha is the only exception because he went to play for a coach obviously vying for the job here. We need to take our top players, i'm basically only talking about samper at this point, and give them mins with the senior team to see if they play well in OUR system at the top level and not this loan hell bullshit.

Zangash

Banned
Loaning Samper out would be an institutional failure for La Masia. We could promote him tomorrow and he'd fit in just fine, and considering he's on a B team with players who are resigned to sinking to the 3rd division it very well might be time for that to happen sooner rather than later.

CuleLife4Life

If we loan anyone else including Samper, send them to Germany and make sure the team knows that we will most likely be bringing them back. I feel like this was a major fail on our higher ups backs because why would Emery believe he could buy our most talented players unless someone told him they were up for sale potentially on our end. Then he finds out they really aren't and gets mad.

Gnidrologist

It's not like DeuloLOL has been good enough to warrant much playing time. Denis case is worse considering he has actually done well.
It's the other way around. Despite bad decisions, Delu showed some bright sparks in a lot of mtches (i think watched or semi watched about half of their matches this season), while Suarez has been anonymous most of the time and very weak physically, which is probably why he doesn't fit into Emerie's shitball tactics. Hoof the ball ahead and hope for the header in or near the box, when loose the ball swarm the player in control with half your team like mad. Not really the element, where Barca players thrive.

Adversus

Considering the hissy fits Sevilla threw in their attempts to sign those two the way Emery is essentially removing the pair of them from his team is shocking. Even with Deu's attitude and tendency to play poorly (Why would he start against RM anyways) he's still been able to contribute to the team thus far and if I'm not mistaken he still has the most assists on their squad, and if these really were the reasons why Emery is doing this it doesn't explain why Denis is getting similar treatment despite being consistent all around for Sevilla.

Something stinks.
Maybe they just aren't good enough currently and Sevilla chasing champions league can't afford to develop another team's players.

I did fear and expect Deulofeu to see less game time there than at Everton at the start of the season.

Zangash

Banned
Maybe they just aren't good enough currently and Sevilla chasing champions league can't afford to develop another team's players.

I did fear and expect Deulofeu to see less game time there than at Everton at the start of the season.

Sevilla aren't going to make it to the Champions league. That'd require beating out one of the big 3 because as of right now 4th place is one of those teams.

That argument made sense when he played for an Everton team that was having a wonder season by their standards and was actually winning games whether he was included or not, but as things stand now Sevilla are not any worse with him on the team and his high assist count from when he played semi-consistently is a pretty decent indicator that he actually provides some measure of improvement to them when playing well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sevilla aren't going to make it to the Champions league. That'd require beating out one of the big 3 because as of right now 4th place is one of those teams.

That argument made sense when he played for an Everton team that was having a wonder season by their standards and was actually winning games whether he was included or not, but as things stand now Sevilla are not any worse with him on the team and his high assist count from when he played semi-consistently is a pretty decent indicator that he actually provides some measure of improvement to them when playing well.

If they win the EL then they'll make the CL.

Zangash

Banned
If they win the EL then they'll make the CL.

Really? When did that become a thing?

If that's the case that should probably be their main target anyways, as they've shown time and time again they lack the consistency to qualify for the CL through normal league play.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Really? When did that become a thing?

If that's the case that should probably be their main target anyways, as they've shown time and time again they lack the consistency to qualify for the CL through normal league play.

It became a thing starting this season.

MessiDinho10

Nice assist to Munir just now in Spain u21. He's got blistering pace, it's unreal.

Edit: also scored a goal. Point about his speed even more relevant this time.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans