Gerard Deulofeu

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Wow.... Is this for real :lol: :lol:

If Emery has given up on him, Emery who was excited for his arrival at Sevilla and motivated to work with him then I don't see Lucho taking him back in summer.

Deulofeu might be sold in that case.

:( I thought he'll get a chance at Barca, I mean players like G. Dos Santos, Cuenca, Tello, Munir (in a way) got a chance.

Zangash

Banned
Emery supposedly replied to this with this tweet:

[tw]588672093807579136[/tw]

"You can have the stuff of champions, but this stuff needs to be shaped with exertion, work and humility. Forza SFC!"

Md and sport with pieces about it. Not good, imo.

What an incredible lack of class from Emery. This is the same guy who cried about not getting Deulofeu last season for what he claimed was for financial reasons and jumped all over the opportunity to sign him this season when it came out that Lucho didn't want him.

Lucho wouldn't even give Deulofeu minutes during preseason and looking at how rarely Montoya played in the first half of the season (He has proven he is more than capable of playing for us in Alves's absence) chances are it didn't have anything to do with his quality as a player, which means Deu would probably have not returned next season no matter how well he did (Barring a revelation season), so it's not like this hurts his Barca chances, but seriously, Unai? Fuck off.

Deulofeu is right in saying he doesn't want another loan. These loan spells are doing nothing for him and the team is to obsessed with buying superstars for every position to give him even a chance to dream of making it here. We might as well sell him this summer so he can finally get his career started.

Zangash

Banned
If Emery wants to get his grubby hands on Samper, then he can fuck off.

It'd be incredibly stupid to send Samper on loan there when he's refusing to give even minor sub minutes to the players on loan he already has.

Which means Lucho is probably sending Samper there. Lol.

JamDav1982

It'd be incredibly stupid to send Samper on loan there when he's refusing to give even minor sub minutes to the players on loan he already has.

Which means Lucho is probably sending Samper there. Lol.

Emery is not refusing to do anything. He is playing the players he thinks will get the job done for him

If Duelofeu cant get in the Sevilla team even for minor minutes thats on him and doesnt bode well for a Barca future.

Emery owes nothing to those players other than to treat them the same as every other player. The worst thing for any Barca player going out on loan would be for them to be given some kind of guaranteed playing time no matter how they trained/played.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Denis is in the match squads. He is getting match time in the EL, not so much in LL though.

It's obvious that there is some other issue. Maybe the same issue which made Lucho send him away.

xavi_the_Boss

Well Sevilla have their starting 11 and the end of the season is coming nearer and they are still fighting for the CL places.
Why should he play him if he isn´t impressive?

Antimadridista1

Lack of class from Emery. But we all know that the guy has always been a special coach with a special personality... so I'm not really surprised by his tweet.
Deulofeu should've been loaned to a lower-club like Celta Vigo in my opinion. I said it two summers ago.

Lucho should give him a proper chance though. Give him one or two seasons at Barcelona and see what happens.

Zangash

Banned
While this is nice and romantic, but where would he play?
In all important matches, MSN needs to play.
-- you can't bench the dictator
-- you can't bench the diva
-- you can't bench Suarez

I don't think anybody anywhere is suggesting we bench any of MSN in an important game. Also, I'm disappointed you didn't have a funny nickname for Suarez as well. Dictator, diva, and biter sounds better than Dictator, diva, and Suarez. Makes him sound like he's most important to you somehow.

So, he can play only in smaller matches.
-- but again, dictator and diva will be angry if you bench them even in smaller matches

-- so, he could play sometimes instead of Suarez
-- or when dictator and diva will be injured/suspended

Lucho has made it pretty clear he doesn't care what the "Diva" thinks about not playing. Unless you think he (And Messi) plays every game only because he gets mad if he doesn't.

Then we have another question:
-- he can't be our only choice besides MSN trio
-- for example, we can't sell Pedro and keep only Delofeu

But we can sell or loan every forward we have until we only have Pedro as an option?

-- it is very risky, because he doesn't have the experience

Not much different from Pedro not having the quality.

-- and imagine Messi gets injured and we have to play Deulofeu on all matches for 2-3-4 Months
-- plus, in those 2-3 Months, we wouldn't have any subs, except playing again someone like Munir

Imagine if Messi got injured tomorrow and we had to play with Pedro in all our games. Doesn't sound any better at all. AND in all of those games, our only subs would be the aforementioned Munir, who is a B team player. Exact same scenario, really, except Pedro is unlikely to ever improve.

-- so, today we have Msn+Pedro as an experienced guy
-- plus, if needed, Munir and Sandro can help

And if we got rid of Pedro and brought Deulofeu back we'd have MSN+ Deulofeu, with Munir and Sandro who can help if needed. As I've said already, exact same scenario.

-- if we sell Pedro, we are screwed. Our only sub is Deulofeu, who hasn't convinced yet anywhere in a senior football

And Pedro hasn't convinced in senior football for going on FIVE YEARS now. What does Pedro bring to the team that Deulofeu can't, outside of some intangible "experience" that doesn't actually provide the team with anything useful?

-- so, if you keep Pedro and Deulo, then Deulo can never play=because MSN can't be benched, lol
-- and when they don't play, Pedro needs some minutes
-- if we sell Pedro, and keep only Deulo, lololo, we are so screwed.

So, what to do now?

For some reason you equate having only one sub to being a bad thing in the case of keeping Deulofeu, but think it's completely fine when that one sub is Pedro. The only logical explanation I can think of that would explain such faulty reasoning is you think Pedro is good enough to replace any of our front three. But even that wouldn't explain why you think having Munir and Sandro as backups in case we do have to use Pedro as a starter is more acceptable than having Munir and Sandro as backups if we have to use Deulofeu as a starter.

I know the real underlying reason is your general anti-youth/anti galactico mentality, but come on, man. Neymar is not a diva, Messi is not a dictator, and Deulofeu being on our team is not going to screw us over.

Zangash

Banned
Emery is not refusing to do anything. He is playing the players he thinks will get the job done for him

If Duelofeu cant get in the Sevilla team even for minor minutes thats on him and doesnt bode well for a Barca future.

Emery owes nothing to those players other than to treat them the same as every other player. The worst thing for any Barca player going out on loan would be for them to be given some kind of guaranteed playing time no matter how they trained/played.

You can believe it's entirely on him if you want to. I'm of the opinion that a player's development is not something they themselves should be responsible for. If he's not a good fit for the team just terminate the loan and get it over with. It's pretty obvious that Emery gave up on Deu a long time ago and no longer gives a damn. If that is such a big indicator that there's something inherently wrong with the player then by all means, go on thinking that. He's shown a willingness to improve his game but is still lacking in many areas. That's the main difference I can see between his loan at Sevilla and Everton. Martinez didn't act like he owed Deu anything but at least he (At the very least pretended to) gave a damn about the player and how he was progressing. Emery does not.

JamDav1982

You can believe it's entirely on him if you want to. I'm of the opinion that a player's development is not something they themselves should be responsible for. If he's not a good fit for the team just terminate the loan and get it over with. It's pretty obvious that Emery gave up on Deu a long time ago and no longer gives a damn. If that is such a big indicator that there's something inherently wrong with the player then by all means, go on thinking that. He's shown a willingness to improve his game but is still lacking in many areas. That's the main difference I can see between his loan at Sevilla and Everton. Martinez didn't act like he owed Deu anything but at least he (At the very least pretended to) gave a damn about the player and how he was progressing. Emery does not.

I disagree and dont think it is a good thing for any young Barca player out on loan to just get the contract terminated when not getting a game.

Of course it is on the player. If he cant knuckle down and get a place at Sevilla for even sub minutes then he has very little chance at Barca.

This loan is not all about doing whats best for Duelofeu it is about him proving he has the ability and application to succeed at Barca.

raskolnikov

Lucho send him away when it looked like he would be a barca player after the everton loan, now Emery mocks him openly on twitter for having an attitude problem.
Add to that Deulofeu appears like a smug self entitled guy and its quite obvious why he wont make it here.
He will be playing at malaga or celta in a few years.

Zangash

Banned
I disagree and dont think it is a good thing for any young Barca player out on loan to just get the contract terminated when not getting a game.

Of course it is on the player. If he cant knuckle down and get a place at Sevilla for even sub minutes then he has very little chance at Barca.

This loan is not all about doing whats best for Duelofeu it is about him proving he has the ability and application to succeed at Barca.

There are numerous reasons for why a player might not be playing for any given team. In the first half of the season people were joking about Montoya banging Lucho's daughter and being punished for it when he was sitting on the bench for Douglas when Alves wasn't available. Does not being "good enough" to start against Malaga or Huesca mean you're not good enough to start against PSG? Surely it should. Perhaps Deulofeu doesn't take well to the style of passing Emery's midfield employs. Or perhaps he would prefer his wingers to dribble more centrally. Or perhaps he sees it's possible for him to win games without having to rely on players who will break the team's stability by leaving at the end of the season?

JamDav1982

There are numerous reasons for why a player might not be playing for any given team. In the first half of the season people were joking about Montoya banging Lucho's daughter and being punished for it when he was sitting on the bench for Douglas when Alves wasn't available. Does not being "good enough" to start against Malaga or Huesca mean you're not good enough to start against PSG? Surely it should. Perhaps Deulofeu doesn't take well to the style of passing Emery's midfield employs. Or perhaps he would prefer his wingers to dribble more centrally. Or perhaps he sees it's possible for him to win games without having to rely on players who will break the team's stability by leaving at the end of the season?

Well you can guess at reasons for Emery not playing Duelofeu but it seems quite clear from his tweet today and previous comments that he deosnt think Duelofeu is learning or applying himself the way he wants.

Seems like trying to look for every excuse under the sun for Duelofeu, half of what you say he probably believes himself which is the biggest issue.

Emery plays with wingers, his style suits the type of player Deulofeu should be. It is nothing to do with him not suiting the way they play it is all about how emery feels about the player.

Home of Barca Fans