Gerard Deulofeu

Ursegor

World Champion
Emery supposedly replied to this with this tweet:

[tw]588672093807579136[/tw]

"You can have the stuff of champions, but this stuff needs to be shaped with exertion, work and humility. Forza SFC!"

Md and sport with pieces about it. Not good, imo.

LMAO What a legend.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
What will happen to the kid now? Another loan? Looks that way, I also don' think he'll ever come back to Barca.

Antimilan

Am I the only one who doesn't think Emery tweet has nothing to do with Gerard?

Emery often tweets and posts on Facebook quotes like that. In general, he is affiliated with the fans and the club very much. It can be considered a punchline for Deulo, but I also doubt it is so. Emery has recently spoken in the media regarding Deulo's performance with Spain U21, with which he was quite content and is happy for him to perform that good. It's not only Deulo going through this stage though. The superb form of Bacca and Gameiro has left Iago Aspas out of the squad a dozen of times already, and he is furious about it (also on loan), but that's the way it goes. Aspas was also given a lot of opportunities, but always failed to prove himself as a first-team prospect.

J

Jamie Cal

Sell him with a buy back clause. Hopping around is doing him no good.

Probably for the best. But if Pedgey goes in the Summer, then I think he'll be kept for at least 6 months. Just speculative of course.

Adversus

You can believe it's entirely on him if you want to. I'm of the opinion that a player's development is not something they themselves should be responsible for. If he's not a good fit for the team just terminate the loan and get it over with. It's pretty obvious that Emery gave up on Deu a long time ago and no longer gives a damn. If that is such a big indicator that there's something inherently wrong with the player then by all means, go on thinking that. He's shown a willingness to improve his game but is still lacking in many areas. That's the main difference I can see between his loan at Sevilla and Everton. Martinez didn't act like he owed Deu anything but at least he (At the very least pretended to) gave a damn about the player and how he was progressing. Emery does not.
Is there something preventing Barca terminating the loan?

I would imagine that's the best option and would give them a chance to "try" him before selling in the summer. Maybe Enrique doesn't want to have the headache which doesn't say much for Deulofeu's future.

Zangash

Banned
Is there something preventing Barca terminating the loan?

I would imagine that's the best option and would give them a chance to "try" him before selling in the summer. Maybe Enrique doesn't want to have the headache which doesn't say much for Deulofeu's future.

Terminating the loan wouldn't do anything for him. We're in the most critical part of our season and we basically have no choice now but to use our best possible front line for every game because every game from here on is basically a final, and our tactics revolve around the front three saving the day.

Co0ter

Sell him for as much as we can before he isn't worth anything. We'd be lucky to get 25mil at this point.

Co0ter

Would be luckiest team of all time to get 25m for him.

He would go for about 5-7m max at moment.

You might be right. Players like Jeffren went for what 6-7mil? The hype was strong with him...but neither Tito, Tata or LE wanted him. He's 21 already, not the 17 year old we were all hopeful about. There is obviously a reason why neither of our coaches or loaned teams want to play him.

khaled_a_d

You might be right. Players like Jeffren went for what 6-7mil? The hype was strong with him...but neither Tito, Tata or LE wanted him. He's 21 already, not the 17 year old we were all hopeful about. There is obviously a reason why neither of our coaches or loaned teams want to play him.

He completed 21 last month,still young and has potential and there is Barca B players who are as old as him
And only Tito and LE didn't want him ,Tata was appointed after he got loaned .not like Tito was the best in judging young talent considering he didn't believe in Thiago and allowed him to go

T

Thanos

Another overrated La Masia prospect who didn't live up to expectations. It's just sad really

Home of Barca Fans