Gerard Deulofeu

Jombi

Come on spread a bit of the love around. You just won the treble and make how many millions in revenue?

Why do you care.

Just because we won the treble doesnt mean we are obliged to act like a charity organization for EPL clubs who are flooded with free money without performing.

Chong Li

How can the Managing Board even sell a player? They are not allowed to...

And of course it's for a ridiculously low amount, as always. Madrid would have gotten 15M for a player of Deulofeu's calibre easily.

Xavinho

I asked this in the transfer rumors thread, but no one responded:

What is the point of a buy-back if the player refuses to re-sign for Barcelona if we want him back?

The point is that the willingness or lack thereof of the player to return to the club in the future is uncertain, so a buy-back clause insures that the selling club can not be blocked by the player's new club from bringing the player back (should the selling club decide they want the player back and should the player decide he wants to return) provided a certain transfer fee is met.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Just because we won the treble doesnt mean we are obliged to act like a charity organization for EPL clubs who are flooded with free money without performing.

Clearly we haven't read the book "how to sell a player to an english club".

ceefoo

How did Real manage to exercise their buy back clause on Negredo? They made 10 million euros just by signing him and reselling him in the same window...
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that deal.

Are you sure that's how it went down? Because that implies that he played for, or was registered with 3 different clubs in one season, which isn't permitted.

Jombi

Well, I think these buy back clauses are more worthless than we give them credit for. AFAIK, we have never activated a buy back clause, and I am pretty certain we wont do it in the future, unless our coach really wants the player (even if he performs great at the new club, the coach decides whether he likes him or not or whether he is useful for us). Lets say Lucho prefer some Serie A player instead in the future, I am pretty certain we will go for that guy.

frog-fcb

It is official now. One question. Who made this decision? Board resigned.

How can the Managing Board even sell a player? They are not allowed .

Im sure lucho (and possibly the election candidates) was consulted about it by the managing board and if lucho can see no place for him in the first team in the near future then its the correct decision to sell him on. For me i believe he can have a good time of it in england especially with all the space english teams give you so he will have plenty of time to hopefully make the correct decisions on the pitch

ceefoo

Well, I think these buy back clauses are more worthless than we give them credit for.
They are only worthwhile if a club decides to activate them.

Is it likely that we will activate the buy-back within the 3 years of his Everton contract? I'd predict no.

Make no mistake; Everton are the real winners here.

Icarium

Lifestealer
[vine]https://vine.co/v/eejZVYD0mhH[/vine]

I have a feeling he will feel right at home at Everton. Hope they sing this song more often.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
More evidence rather than innuendo, won't really matter much to those who place greater value on the latter

CIWr75eWEAEJKZ8.png

F

Flavia

More evidence rather than innuendo, won't really matter much to those who place greater value on the latter

CIWr75eWEAEJKZ8.png

No one denies his talent here. But that's not enough, and Enrique doesn't want him. He values hard working players, and Deulo is not one.

Truthist

People here thought we would get 15-20m for him.

In the end, we sell him for 6m euros. What is the real reason behind our outrageously charity-like selling policies?

Next up is Song. Will we give him away for free? My guess is that we will. Or even worse, we will loan him out, and pay part of his wages until his contract expires. It just doesnt make any sense to me that teams like Chelsea and RM get these fantastic prices for their players while we are simply a joke in the market.

This!!

An absolute farce which makes my bloody blood boil!

MessiDinho10

The justification for the 6m is the buyback option, and the 1st refusal.

This.
Plus, if the fee was higher, the fees of the buy-backoption would be higher as well. If he turns into a world class player within two years, which is possible considering his talent, we could get him back for under 15M.

Jombi

The justification for the 6m is the buyback option, and the 1st refusal.

Considering that we never utilize these buyback options, I say it is a terrible deal. It was the same when we sold Fontas for 1m euros. Some people justified it because we had a buy-back. Even if these players perform well, the coach is the one who decide who we will sign and if he doesnt like the player we have a buyback on or feel we dont need anyone at that position, we wont activate the buyback option.

Home of Barca Fans