Gerard Deulofeu

Jombi

This.
Plus, if the fee was higher, the fees of the buy-backoption would be higher as well. If he turns into a world class player within two years, which is possible considering his talent, we could get him back for under 15M.

Much, much better to sell for 15m and have a 25m buyback option in two years than to sell for close to nothing with a lower buyback option. Now we are not assured of hardly any money. It is far more likely that he will turn into a good player for Everton but not good enough for Barcelona than it is that he will turn into the new Neymar or Hazard. And if he doesnt turn into a player good enough to play for Barca, we wont activate the buyback, leaving us with a paltry 6m euros only.

ceefoo

Much, much better to sell for 15m and have a 25m buyback option in two years than to sell for close to nothing with a lower buyback option. Now we are not assured of hardly any money. It is far more likely that he will turn into a good player for Everton but not good enough for Barcelona than it is that he will turn into the new Neymar or Hazard. And if he doesnt turn into a player good enough to play for Barca, we wont activate the buyback, leaving us with a paltry 6m euros only.
+1

Thank you!

JamDav1982

I doubt anyone would pay 15m for him at moment.

MessiDinho10

I wouldn't have sold him either way, but that's the situation we have to deal with right now. It might not be allowed to sell him with no board according to the statutes, but we can't to anything about it.

I'm just looking for positives in this deal.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
More evidence rather than innuendo, won't really matter much to those who place greater value on the latter

CIWr75eWEAEJKZ8.png

Do you want us too keep him? He would hardly play.

F

Flavia

Considering that we never utilize these buyback options, I say it is a terrible deal. It was the same when we sold Fontas for 1m euros. Some people justified it because we had a buy-back. Even if these players perform well, the coach is the one who decide who we will sign and if he doesnt like the player we have a buyback on or feel we dont need anyone at that position, we wont activate the buyback option.

Deulofeu was a great promise for a while. Makes sense the club still have some faith left on him. And I doubt Everton would pay 15m for him.

raki

Considering that we never utilize these buyback options, I say it is a terrible deal. It was the same when we sold Fontas for 1m euros. Some people justified it because we had a buy-back. Even if these players perform well, the coach is the one who decide who we will sign and if he doesnt like the player we have a buyback on or feel we dont need anyone at that position, we wont activate the buyback option.

We never had a buy back for a such talented player. Fontás was average. No one expected on his return.

Let´s wait for the sales of Montoya and Song.

Juventus sold Berardi for 10M to Sassuolo but the buyout next year is 17M. 7M in 1 year. Deulofeu is 3M in 1 year.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona have options to buy Gerard Deulofeu (21) back from Everton for 7.5M in 2016 and for 9M in 2017. In 2018, first option. [esport3]

JamDav1982

The stats dont tell the whole story.

Duelofeu was booed at times by the Sevilla crowd for his selfish behaviour and had he Sevilla manager commenting on his attitude.

He wont ever be back at Barca or make it at any decent level unless he has a complete change of attitude to the game and becomes more team orientated.

At moment he is the type of player that looks like he could be great for a mid to lower level league side who compensate for his weaknesses and let him play. But at a bigger club where he will never be more than a support player he is too one dimensional and doesnt play for team enough. He would exasperate the likes of Messi/Suarez and Neymar if he played at Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Using stats people can say Messi is only marginally better at Cristiano creating goals while in truth he is 10x the creator.

I saw many of his games and apart from a few good ones, it was the same usual stuff. Trying to dribble every time, trying to shoot every time even from next to impossible angles, never passing the ball.

And I remember him trying to score from corners a few times too.

:facepalm:

Jombi

We never had a buy back for a such talented player. Fontás was average. No one expected on his return.

Let´s wait for the sales of Montoya and Song.

Juventus sold Berardi for 10M to Sassuolo but the buyout next year is 17M. 7M in 1 year. Deulofeu is 3M in 1 year.

Fontas was great in Barca B's best season ever. And he has been one of La Ligas best defenders for Celta for the past couple of years. 1m euros for such a player is ridiculous IMO.

If Deulofeu is such a talented player, then 6m euros is a joke price IMO. Especially when selling to an EPL club. We sold Afellay for free (let his contract expire while loaning out), got rid of Bojan for 1.8m euros, so I dont much else from the sales of Montoya and Song. The only players we have received any money from in the last 3 years are Thiago, Cesc and Alexis, but IMO all three went for charity prices. Chelsea sold dead weight like Schurrle for 30m euros and spent that money on Cesc. FFS. Its crazy.

Berardi was under some complicated co-ownership deal and other players were involved. It cant be compared to this Deulofeu deal. I am almost certain that we will only activate the buy-back if Deulofeu turns world class in the next 2 years and even then, Lucho has to be convinced that we need him and that we need reinforcements in that position. I would put the likelihood of us activating the buy back at less than 5%.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Fontas has been nowhere near one of La Ligas best defenders the past few years and has found his level at Celta.

Trying to hard to make a point if making out Fontas has been that good.

Always seem to see Chelsea held up as some great example....they paid 50m for Torres, 35m for Shevcenko, let Matic leave for fuck all then paid a lot to get him back, bought Cuadrado for around 24m now dont seem to think he is good enough.

Every single club has good and bad signings/sales.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans