Gerard Deulofeu

Jombi

Like it or not it is fairly easy for top european teams and majority of EPL teams to take players from the likes of Celta.

None of them are showing any interest in paying 15-20m for Fontas and for good reason. You are way off by how highly you seem to rate him in a way no one else does.

Nowhere near the Spanish squad or near to a big money move. He is bang average.

Just watch some Celta games and judge for yourself then. There is a reason Celta finished 8th this season. And Fontas has been a huge part of that. Of course, you have no idea how close he is to the Spanish squad. Fontas is 25 so that puts off alot of buyers who prefer younger ones, but I havent heard any La Liga pundits who dont agree that he has been one of the most consistent CBs in La Liga over the last couple of seasons.

JamDav1982

Just watch some Celta games and judge for yourself then. There is a reason Celta finished 8th this season. And Fontas has been a huge part of that. Of course, you have no idea how close he is to the Spanish squad. Fontas is 25 so that puts off alot of buyers who prefer younger ones, but I havent heard any La Liga pundits who dont agree that he has been one of the most consistent CBs in La Liga over the last couple of seasons.

Watch plenty of Celta games and have judged for myself.

I dont care that Celta finished 8th, Fontas is average and wont get be breaking into Spain squad or winning a move to a big club as a starter.

You predicted that Fontas could get a big move 'in future' now saying age is putting teams off. That doesnt make sense. The age of 25 puts no one off paying big money. Infact it is the exact age that teams would pay big money for him.

What pundits are you referring to? Never heard anyone giving him andy great praise.

Jombi

Watch plenty of Celta games and have judged for myself.

I dont care that Celta finished 8th, Fontas is average and wont get be breaking into Spain squad or winning a move to a big club as a starter.

You predicted that Fontas could get a big move 'in future' now saying age is putting teams off. That doesnt make sense. The age of 25 puts no one off paying big money. Infact it is the exact age that teams would pay big money for him.

What pundits are you referring to? Never heard anyone giving him andy great praise.

I didnt say that he would go to a huge club, but if EPL teams (who have way too much money) show interest, he would go for 15-20m euros. And I am not saying that it would be better for his career. After all, Celta is better than most EPL teams, but EPL teams have the money. Teams like Newcastle, West Ham or Stoke can pay this money for him in the future.

JamDav1982

I didnt say that he would go to a huge club, but if EPL teams (who have way too much money) show interest, he would go for 15-20m euros. And I am not saying that it would be better for his career. After all, Celta is better than most EPL teams, but EPL teams have the money. Teams like Newcastle, West Ham or Stoke can pay this money for him in the future.

They wont pay that for him when can get much better players than that for less money.

Why are they not in for him this summer? Plenty of teams looking for CBs.

Jombi

They wont pay that for him when can get much better players than that for less money.

Why are they not in for him this summer? Plenty of teams looking for CBs.

Plenty of players are overlooked by clubs. What does the manager of Newcastle, West Ham or Aston Villa know about Celta's players for example. Each manager have their own tunnel visions and many prefer English based players or players they know more about.

Not even Nolito has gone to a club in the EPL even though he is better than 95% of players in the EPL.

JamDav1982

Just read that Fontas has a 3m euro release clause.

The only team wanting to pay it......Fulham in the English Championship.

Says it all.

Jombi

Just read that Fontas has a 3m euro release clause.

The only team wanting to pay it......Fulham in the English Championship.

Says it all.

Would be the bargain of the season. Better bargain than Bartra for 12m euros if true.

But most EPL teams have managers with tunnel visions and their own favorite signings they know more about.

JamDav1982

Would be the bargain of the season. Better bargain than Bartra for 12m euros if true.

But most EPL teams have managers with tunnel visions and their own favorite signings they know more about.

You are wrong. EPL teams will be well aware of Fontas and his buy out and still dont fancy him at 3m it seems.

Plenty of EPL teams have raided lower ranked Spanish teams than Celta in recent years. They know fine what is there.

Jombi

You are wrong. EPL teams will be well aware of Fontas and his buy out and still dont fancy him at 3m it seems.

Plenty of EPL teams have raided lower ranked Spanish teams than Celta in recent years. They know fine what is there.

They really dont. Managers have a huge say in transfers in the EPL and they prefer their own favorites. If the manager knows nothing about the player, the player is likely to not be signed. Thats just the way it is. Nolito is better than almost all forwards in the EPL but he isnt signed by West Ham or Aston Villa or some other mediocre team with too much money. Ignacio Camacho is better than 95% of midfielders in the EPL, yet he still plays for Malaga.

JamDav1982

They really dont. Managers have a huge say in transfers in the EPL and they prefer their own favorites. If the manager knows nothing about the player, the player is likely to not be signed. Thats just the way it is. Nolito is better than almost all forwards in the EPL but he isnt signed by West Ham or Aston Villa or some other mediocre team with too much money. Ignacio Camacho is better than 95% of midfielders in the EPL, yet he still plays for Malaga.

You are just making things up now.

Swansea for example have signed a lot of players from La Liga...but they have not seen Fontas.

Even Newcastle have signed Spanish players from less high profile clubs than Celta. Aston Villa also have done it.

What you are saying doesnt add up at all. EPL teams know fine what is in La Liga and will be well aware of Fontas for sure. It will probably be the most scouted league going for EPL teams.

Ridiculous statements like 'Camacho better than 95% of EPL midfielders' is false and proves nothing anyway.They will be well aware of him.

Jombi

You are just making things up now.

Swansea for example have signed a lot of players from La Liga...but they have not seen Fontas.

Even Newcastle have signed Spanish players from less high profile clubs than Celta. Aston Villa also have done it.

What you are saying doesnt add up at all. EPL teams know fine what is in La Liga and will be well aware of Fontas for sure. It will probably be the most scouted league going for EPL teams.

Ridiculous statements like 'Camacho better than 95% of EPL midfielders' is false and proves nothing anyway.They will be well aware of him.

A team like Swansea with Michael Laudrup as manager signed players from La Liga and it just proves my point. The manager has a huge say in transfers in the EPL and Laudrup obviously has good knowledge of La Liga.

Just because a player isnt signed by some EPL club with too much money doesnt make him bad. You seem to seriously underrate La Liga IMO.

There is nothing ridiculous about Camacho being better than 95% of EPL midfielders btw. Camacho is one of the best midfielders in La Liga, hands down. A beast in the middle of the park.

JamDav1982

A team like Swansea with Michael Laudrup as manager signing players from La Liga just proves my point. The manager has a huge say in transfers in the EPL and Laudrup obviously has good knowledge of La Liga.

Just because a player isnt signed by some EPL club with too much money doesnt make him bad. You seem to seriously underrate La Liga IMO.

There is nothing ridiculous about Camacho being better than 95% of EPL midfielders btw. Camacho is one of the best midfielders in La Liga, hands down. A beast in the middle of the park.

Where have I ever claimed that players not going for lots of money make them bad?

Loads of EPL teams are signing players from Spain. This idea that they dont know what is in Spain is ridiculous and doesnt add up other than to try and manufacture a reason why they have not gone for Fontas.

One of the biggest issues facing La Liga is players leaving for the money of EPL.

Camacho is not even close to be being better than 95% of midfielders in EPL. Good solid player but you again are rating him far too highly and clubs will be well aware of him.

Home of Barca Fans