Gerard Deulofeu

Jombi

He doesn't need to become great player. Being a good universal backup for both wings would be enough. And we can easily pay 7.5 - 9 mil for such backup. Firminho went for 41 mil for Christ sake! Vietto for 20+. Deulo can be at least as good as they are if he fulfills just half of his potential. The problem with him right now is that he still has glaring weaknesses in his game and needs playing time to eliminate them. He won't get a lot of opportunities to play in Barca, unlike in Everton.

Firmino is a world class player and 41m euros is cheap IMO. I am not sure Deulofeu would be happy playing a Pedro role for us, considering the oversized ego he has.

JamDav1982

Herrera is the same player he was in Bilbao. He just suddenly gets more exposure and he is praised as world class even though he clearly isnt. I doubt even 1% of Man U fans watched Bilbao on a regular basis to know how he performed in La Liga. Thing is, guys like Camacho and Parejo are better players than a guy like Herrera, but I bet 95% of United fans havent even heard of them. Perhaps 99%.

Haha you love to quote '95%'.

Parejo and Camacho are not as good as Herrera who was know in England before he moved and lots of fans/clubs were wanting him long before he made his move.

You seem to want to try and put forward this myth that La Liga is full of brilliant players much higher than the EPL. Players that no one outside Spain know about.

That is not the case at all and just sounds as daft as the EPL fans who mock the standard of La Liga you take it to the opposite extreme.

Jombi

Haha you love to quote '95%'.

Parejo and Camacho are not as good as Herrera who was know in England before he moved and lots of fans/clubs were wanting him long before he made his move.

You seem to want to try and put forward this myth that La Liga is full of brilliant players much higher than the EPL. Players that no one outside Spain know about.

That is not the case at all and just sounds as daft as the EPL fans who mock the standard of La Liga you take it to the opposite extreme.

La Liga is definitely better than EPL even though it gets less than 10% of the hype and exposure. Thats just the reality, and European cup competitions just further proves it.

Parejo and Camacho have been better than Herrera in La Liga. Herrera was decent in La Liga and is hailed as world class in the EPL. I find that funny.

Last edited:

serghei

We are not good at selling because we give other teams the impression that they're doing us a favour by buying the player we want to sell (WTF, makes no sense, but that's the idea we project). We don't want to sell players, we want to "get rid of players".

Everybody knows what players Barca wants to dispatch, and if another club knows we want to get rid of X or Y, of course they will low ball us. Real Madrid on the other hand acts like they aren't desperate to sell, so other teams feel they need to bring the cash if they want to transfer somebody from Madrid.

JamDav1982

La Liga is definitely better than EPL even though it gets less than 10% of the hype and exposure. Thats just the reality, and European cup competitions just further proves it.

Herrera was decent in La Liga and is hailed as world class in the EPL. I find that funny.

La Liga is better because of the top teams. Barca, Real and Atletico are better than the EPL teams but after that there is not much in it other than the middle to bottom half of EPL is stronger.

I have never heard anyone call Herrera 'world class' in fact in first part of the season a lot of EPL fans were none to impressed with him but he got better as season went on.

Far from being hailed as world class I would bet most fans dont think he would get in the Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal teams. He is not even seen as top,top level in England let alone world class.

G

Gasgas

Parejo and Camacho have been better than Herrera in La Liga. Herrera was decent in La Liga and is hailed as world class in the EPL. I find that funny.

herrera was very good in la liga, better than parejo and camacho. even we considered him among the options before man u bought him

Jombi

La Liga is better because of the top teams. Barca, Real and Atletico are better than the EPL teams but after that there is not much in it other than the middle to bottom half of EPL is stronger.

I have never heard anyone call Herrera 'world class' in fact in first part of the season a lot of EPL fans were none to impressed with him but he got better as season went on.

Far from being hailed as world class I would bet most fans dont think he would get in the Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal teams. He is not even seen as top,top level in England let alone world class.

Herrera owns 95% of the midfielders in England. Fact. He was just decent in La Liga, but Camacho and Parejo have been better than him. Herrera doesnt even have a single cap for Spain, while Camacho has already been called up by Del Bosque.

I am willing to bet that 99% of EPL fans have never heard of Camacho and Parejo, even though they have been two of the best performing midfielders in La Liga over the last couple of seasons. Thats how little exposure and hype La Liga gets compared to the EPL.

This idea that the bottom half of the EPL is stronger doesnt hold up to scrutiny. The bottom half of La Liga get more points than the average bottom half EPL team. That wouldnt have been the case if the EPL bottom clubs were stronger. And that is the best measure there is for the bottom half teams. Among the top half teams, we all know how Spanish teams outperform English teams in Europe, which of course is not restricted to Barca, RM and Atletico only. Spanish teams own the Europa league as well.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Albiol is a regular name in Del Bosque's squad. To say Camacho and Parejo is better than Herrera based on that becomes a bit ridiculous then.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Herrara was never in spotlight at la liga. But he is in EPL. But that is because he plays at Manchester united and in the richest/most popular/most hyped league on the planet. He did okay imo, but honestly if you put Roberto in that united midfield he will look good. Plus it is easier for players who have decent technical ability to shine in PL if they have the right physicality. That is just not enough to shine in la liga. Getting in spotlight is damn tough in la liga. It is fairly easy in PL. Many people watch that league compared to La Liga. That is a fact but I don't think epl is better in any other area than la liga. Even the so competition is bs. They lose to teams like Mk dons because they are not good enough. But they don't accept it and instead repeat any team can beat any team. Whatever I stopped caring. A league that showcases better football overall is the better league and that for me is la liga. I enjoy watching Celta more than last season united and liverpool.

Jombi

herrera was very good in la liga, better than parejo and camacho. even we considered him among the options before man u bought him

Not really. There were about as many reports of us being linked to him than the current reports about us being linked to Iborra from Sevilla and Sergi Darder from Malaga.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Jombi you're getting really carried away with your assessments of players. Fontas is a decent player, not even in the top 10 best CB's of la liga though and frankly nowhere close. Camacho is a pretty good DM and broke out well in 12/13 when Malaga had their best season under Pellegrini, but he's definitely never been better than Herrera (he was worse than Illarramendi at Sociedad for example). It's arguable whether Parejo has been. He looks awesome whenever Valencia have been performing and consistent but that's been sporadic in recent years. Herrera was a very good la liga player and is a very good PL player. The only assessment I even somewhat agree with is Nolito who truly is an awesome player.

Jombi

Albiol is a regular name in Del Bosque's squad. To say Camacho and Parejo is better than Herrera based on that becomes a bit ridiculous then.

Its not based on that, but it is a pretty good indication. Del Bosque is one of the best managers in the world, and he even calls up Bartra because he sees talent when he sees it, even if they dont play as much as they deserve to (and Spain of course dont have the best depth in CB behind Ramos and Pique).

Icarium

Lifestealer
No united fan has said he is world class though, but people consider him as a top player. They are happy with him as their starting midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans