Gerard Deulofeu

Jombi

Where have I ever claimed that players not going for lots of money make them bad?

Loads of EPL teams are signing players from Spain. This idea that they dont know what is in Spain is ridiculous and doesnt add up other than to try and manufacture a reason why they have not gone for Fontas.

One of the biggest issues facing La Liga is players leaving for the money of EPL.

Camacho is not even close to be being better than 95% of midfielders in EPL. Good solid player but you again are rating him far too highly and clubs will be well aware of him.

You are the one who base your opinion on La Liga players based on whether English clubs are interested in them or not. Just because English managers are ignorant doesnt make some of the best players in La Liga average.

Jombi

Fontas as I said.

Who do you think was last good sale?

Well, this just proves my point. You think the last good sale we did was a sale of a paltry 1m euros of a player who has been one of the most consistent CB performers in La Liga.

I honestly cant remember the last good sale we did. Perhaps selling Chyg against the will of Pep. But Chyg was an embarrassing flop to begin with. The fact of the matter is that our sales policies are a joke and have been for way too long.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You are the one who base your opinion on La Liga players based on whether English clubs are interested in them or not. Just because English managers are ignorant doesnt make some of the best players in La Liga average.

You were the one who said there would be English clubs willing to pay 15-20m for him! I said they wouldnt which was then backed up by the fact he has a 3m release clause and they are still not paying.

The idea that they wont know about him is a joke. EPL teams are trying to raid La Liga in particular for cheap deals like 3m. If no English team or Spanish team or any other european team are snapping him up then it backs up my point that you were wrong to suggest Celta could command a fee of up to 20m for 'one of best defenders in La Liga'

Anyway going in circles.

S7_MUFC

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that deal.

Are you sure that's how it went down? Because that implies that he played for, or was registered with 3 different clubs in one season, which isn't permitted.

You can be registered for 3 teams but can only play for 2 teams..The surprising thing is why would he agree to go to Real and than sign for another club instead of joining another club directly and saving his new employers some money. Lower transfer fee also means more bargaining power regarding his salary...

Adversus

Plenty of players are overlooked by clubs. What does the manager of Newcastle, West Ham or Aston Villa know about Celta's players for example. Each manager have their own tunnel visions and many prefer English based players or players they know more about.

Not even Nolito has gone to a club in the EPL even though he is better than 95% of players in the EPL.

Just to clarify. We tried to sign him last season and I'm sure plenty of English clubs have done so. He would appear not to want to leave Spain. Fantastic player.

Jombi

Just to clarify. We tried to sign him last season and I'm sure plenty of English clubs have done so. He would appear not to want to leave Spain. Fantastic player.

Or he probably realizes that Celta is better than most EPL teams. After all, he has already played in Portugal so its not like he hasnt played abroad. Its funny when EPL fans praise a guy like Herrera as world class, yet a guy like Camacho from Malaga has done better than Herrera did in La Liga and EPL fans dont even know who he is.

Adversus

Or he probably realizes that Celta is better than most EPL teams. After all, he has already played in Portugal so its not like he hasnt played abroad. Its funny when EPL fans praise a guy like Herrera as world class, yet a guy like Camacho from Malaga has done better than Herrera did in La Liga and EPL fans dont even know who he is.

They certainly whipped us in pre-season last year when Nolito scored a hat-trick and frankly we could barely get a kick.

However we where horribly unfit at the time and where having a nightmare of a pre-season which set the tone of the season. They where still a good team although Nolito was definitely their star.

It was funny because we where all really interested to see him since the rumors were that we where interested. And the first comment on the forum afterwards was.

"No way he's coming here now. He must think we're rubbish."

S7_MUFC

People did question whether Herrera was worth the fee we paid for him and the praise he's receiving now is solely down to his performance in the premier league so I don't see why his performance in La liga is being used in your argument because most people thought he was nothing special too...

Adversus

People did question whether Herrera was worth the fee we paid for him and the praise he's receiving now is solely down to his performance in the premier league so I don't see why his performance in La liga is being used in your argument because most people thought he was nothing special too...
Herrera has been pretty average since he joined. No way is he worth 25m.

S7_MUFC

Herrera has been pretty average since he joined. No way is he worth 25m.

He's been solid 7.5/10 and that combined with United not signing a decent midfielder since 2008 made United fans fawn over him plus people love his personality and his bromance with Mata..

Adversus

He's been solid 7.5/10 and that combined with United not signing a decent midfielder since 2008 made United fans fawn over him plus people love his personality and his bromance with Mata..

I suppose average was harsh. Maybe nothing special would have been more accurate.

S7_MUFC

I suppose average was harsh. Maybe nothing special would have been more accurate.

well he's been god compared to Tom Cleverley and he's definitely worth the price we paid for him...The thing that most excites people is that he's perfect for the league..

anguy

Much, much better to sell for 15m and have a 25m buyback option in two years than to sell for close to nothing with a lower buyback option. Now we are not assured of hardly any money. It is far more likely that he will turn into a good player for Everton but not good enough for Barcelona than it is that he will turn into the new Neymar or Hazard. And if he doesnt turn into a player good enough to play for Barca, we wont activate the buyback, leaving us with a paltry 6m euros only.

He doesn't need to become great player. Being a good universal backup for both wings would be enough. And we can easily pay 7.5 - 9 mil for such backup. Firminho went for 41 mil for Christ sake! Vietto for 20+. Deulo can be at least as good as they are if he fulfills just half of his potential. The problem with him right now is that he still has glaring weaknesses in his game and needs playing time to eliminate them. He won't get a lot of opportunities to play in Barca, unlike in Everton.

Jombi

Herrera is the same player he was in Bilbao. He just suddenly gets more exposure and he is praised as world class. I doubt even 1% of Man U fans watched Bilbao on a regular basis to know how he performed in La Liga. Thing is, guys like Camacho and Parejo are better players than a guy like Herrera, but I bet 95% of United fans havent even heard of them. Perhaps 99%.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans