Gerard Deulofeu

Cule4life

The Culest
He seemed fairly uninvolved and lackluster on the right wing today. He should play on the left with Grimaldo overlapping because they have a fairly good connection.

Agree but if he learns to be as good on the right we can have a future lineup of Neymar-Messi-Deulofeu :w000t:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Agree but if he learns to be as good on the right we can have a future lineup of Neymar-Messi-Deulofeu :w000t:

I'd hate it if the battle ends up with Deulofeu vs Neymar for left wing. If that happens, Neymar will obviously be higher in the pecking order than Deulo because of age+price tag.

Although I find it likely that Neymar will find it too hard to score in Europe often without operating with huge amounts of space like he does in Brazil. If this happens he'll resort to being a stylish playmaking winger with flair and could play better on the right. Deulo has that raw goalscoring ability in him and will find it much easier to be involved when cutting in from the left.

Cule4life

The Culest
Dunno about Neymar on the right. Has he played there before? Its a little optimistic to assume for him to quickly adopt an unnatural position after coming to Europe

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Dunno about Neymar on the right. Has he played there before? Its a little optimistic to assume for him to quickly adopt an unnatural position after coming to Europe

Not sure if he plays there right now but you can bet that he will have to adapt to playing on both wings when he comes to barca. Don't take his entire playing style to heart right now because he will look completely different when playing in Europe, and most importantly, for a team like Barcelona.

Cule4life

The Culest
Not sure if he plays there right now but you can bet that he will have to adapt to playing on both wings when he comes to barca. Don't take his entire playing style to heart right now because he will look completely different when playing in Europe, and most importantly, for a team like Barcelona.

Agreed we just have to wait and see. But Deulofeu also has to improve a lot before even thinking about being in the first team especially his ball hogging

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yea I agree on that. Deulofeu has improved on his ball hogging but it's still an issue. I expect that when he gets to the first team and he isn't the big fish in the small pond, he'll play more unselfishly and work harder as well. He has a lot to improve and his ego could really hold him back on that.

Cule4life

The Culest
Yea I agree on that. Deulofeu has improved on his ball hogging but it's still an issue. I expect that when he gets to the first team and he isn't the big fish in the small pond, he'll play more unselfishly and work harder as well. He has a lot to improve and his ego could really hold him back on that.

The thing is he already knows he is bound for the first team. So why these fancy tricks and ball hogging? He doesn't have to prove anything to the coaches. If he plays unselfishly he would receive even more praise from the coaches and his transition will be faster. Are the coaches not having a word with him about this or his ego is making him do this?

F

Flavia

He has played there before. He has been playing there on the last santos games.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I only watched the second half since that's when Grimaldo entered and Deulo didn't impress (but no Spaniard did in offense), although he did hit the crossbar with a volley from the edge of the area.

Home of Barca Fans