Gerard Deulofeu

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Madrid are pieces of shit, but they can spot a Ronaldo clone from miles away.

They are not idiots, they can spot a talented player, and apart from Modric and Kaka they have always made good signings, Di Maria, Ozil, Varane, even Khedira is exemplary to that, they wanted to Sign Thiago as well. You'll find the most loyal players to us are the ones that will become good, because they have good moral values, a Barca prospect that moves to Real Madrid clearly doesn't know where his moral obligations lie or has serious issues with the club.

Trickykid

They are not idiots, they can spot a talented player, and apart from Modric and Kaka they have always made good signings, Di Maria, Ozil, Varane, even Khedira is exemplary to that, they wanted to Sign Thiago as well. You'll find the most loyal players to us are the ones that will become good, because they have good moral values, a Barca prospect that moves to Real Madrid clearly doesn't know where his moral obligations lie or has serious issues with the club.

Huntelaar, Van der Vart, Sahin and Altintop begs to differ, and that's just in recent years.
Sure, RM makes great transfers once in a while - just as any other top club out there does. They sure as hell make shit ones too - just like... well, you get the point.

Micah

Barcelona have speeded up the renewal of B winger Deulofeu. Madrid want to sign him. Player wants to stay. Will accept 100M clause. [sport]

Contract issue is over and we know he is loyal to Barca. Also, the massive buyout clause shows that Barcelona have huge plans for him in the future. Hope he continues to improve a lot and becomes a great player.

100mill! release clause for a player who's yet to make it to the first team. Well if that's true, that could help boost his already inflated ego. Good job Rosell.

Don't see any reason he'd want to leave. He's in the best club in the world, and knows he could become a star player for that club in the future.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Don't see any reason he'd want to leave. He's in the best club in the world, and knows he could become a star player for that club in the future.

Btw, I read somewhere that Barca pay the highest wages in all of sport. So in a few years, he could also be earning more than he would anywhere else.

A very valid reason he could have to leave, is wanting to play on the top level asap. Plenty clubs out there would be able to promise him 1st team action from the get-go, while he'll need to wait at least a couple of seasons before he'll stand even a slight chance of earning a regular starter spot with us.

About the wages, it's just not true. I doubt we have anyone besides Messi in the top 10 of highest earners these days, and every single top club out there would most likely offer Deulofeu a vastly better contract than the one he'll hopefully soon sign for us. What we can offer, though, is continuity and the possibility to succeed at his childhood club, which coincidentally happens to harbor the best team in the world in recent years. Whether that's enough for Deulofeu, we'll find out soon enough it seems.

A very valid reason he could have to leave, is wanting to play on the top level asap. Plenty clubs out there would be able to promise him 1st team action from the get-go, while he'll need to wait at least a couple of seasons before he'll stand even a slight chance of earning a regular starter spot with us.

About the wages, it's just not true. I doubt we have anyone besides Messi in the top 10 of highest earners these days, and every single top club out there would most likely offer Deulofeu a vastly better contract than the one he'll hopefully soon sign for us. What we can offer, though, is continuity and the possibility to succeed at his childhood club, which coincidentally happens to harbor the best team in the world in recent years. Whether that's enough for Deulofeu, we'll find out soon enough it seems.

Not sure how credible it is, but: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...telligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

A club like Man City would definitely pay him more though, so I see your point.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Not sure how credible it is, but: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...telligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

A club like Man City would definitely pay him more though.

I'm genuninely surprised if that article is true, as all the recent years top-x footballer earners lists, I've seen, haven't included anyone but Messi. I suppose our avarage wage must be incredibly high, whereas we usually keep our top earners on a rather tight wages leash. However, I'm still confident, though, that the PL top 4, RM and whoever else are trying to poach Deulo, would offer way higher wages than we're about to.

Wouterinho

I'm not sure about this, but isn't it right that footballplayers in Catalunya have to pay a very high tax rate? So maybe we pay a high net wage in order to compensate the tax rate? Anyway, I've got my doubts about this article tbh

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I've heard the same thing several times before, from different sources, so we probably do pay the highest wages. That might be one of the reasons players like JDS want to stay..

Jadentheman

100M clause?
Wow... this guy will either be the next big thing or will flop so hard he'll make Bojan look good.

lol and you though Neymar's buyout was pricey. Seems Barca just over inflated the price on "unproven" player. Just saying. Neymar haters that are Deulo lovers I'm talking directly to you. No hate on Deulo, I love the guy. Neymar & Deulo lovers. I see the future. No place for haters of any kind on this thread or Neymar's. Impatial only. Ok thanks

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
It's kind of sad how you try and cover every base revolving around things said about Neymar :lol:.
Barca gave him that buyout because we don't want him anywhere else. He has proven himself to the club and worked his way here. We didn't give him a 100m buy out just to make sure we got a shit load of money for him when the time came to sell him. He is our player and we are telling everyone else to fuck off.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
lol and you though Neymar's buyout was pricey. Seems Barca just over inflated the price on "unproven" player. Just saying. Neymar haters that are Deulo lovers I'm talking directly to you. No hate on Deulo, I love the guy. Neymar & Deulo lovers. I see the future. No place for haters of any kind on this thread or Neymar's. Impatial only. Ok thanks

Here's the thing, Barca inflated Deulo's price tag to drive away any clubs wanting to buy him and definitively keep him at the club for the future as a key player. Neymar's price tag is inflated because Santos want to get as much as possible for a player they know wont perform as well in Europe and because he is a MASSIVE icon in Brazil and around the world who earns them money. The price tag for Deulo isn't what the club actually values him at, it's just what they use to tie him at the club. Santos however are just trying to milk the transfer as much as possible.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Huntelaar, Van der Vart, Sahin and Altintop begs to differ, and that's just in recent years.
Sure, RM makes great transfers once in a while - just as any other top club out there does. They sure as hell make shit ones too - just like... well, you get the point.

Disagree with Van der Vaart, thought he did well, Real Madrid just sold him for a crap price when they shouldn't have sold him at all. Huntelaar was a pretty bad signing though, Sahin was cheap and Altintop was a free transfer.

khaled_a_d

Barcelona have speeded up the renewal of B winger Deulofeu. Madrid want to sign him. Player wants to stay. Will accept 100M clause. [sport]

Contract issue is over and we know he is loyal to Barca. Also, the massive buyout clause shows that Barcelona have huge plans for him in the future. Hope he continues to improve a lot and becomes a great player.

Kid rejected offers from other teams since he was 15 for more money ,we can say what we want about his ego and character but his loyalty was never in doubt

Home of Barca Fans