Gerard Deulofeu

Barca8

You'll find the most loyal players to us are the ones that will become good, because they have good moral values, a Barca prospect that moves to Real Madrid clearly doesn't know where his moral obligations lie or has serious issues with the club.

Well said Jaguar. The thing that always garners respect for Barcelona is our clubs humility. Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi are arguably the best players at their position but they don't act like celebrities. I mean if you remember the match against Madrid when they hit Pique with a lighter and Puyol told him to toss it and get into position to defend THAT IS BARCELONA. If any player is going to pull a Figo then goodluck lol

Huntelaar, Van der Vart, Sahin and Altintop begs to differ, and that's just in recent years.
Sure, RM makes great transfers once in a while - just as any other top club out there does. They sure as hell make shit ones too - just like... well, you get the point.

I have to differ with your opinion of Huntelaar and VdV. Both were not given a fair chance by the manager at the time. VdV I think has some personal problems and isn't the player he was with Ajax/Hamburg but Huntelaar was the 3rd highest scorer in Europe behind Ronaldo & Messi last year. He consistently gets the shaft from managers because "all he is is a goal scorer". Wow, if that isn't a strikers job then I don't know WTF is.

Sorry just venting because after our Catalan players in Espana I also support Holland. If you play a 4-2-3-1 system then your 1 must be a finisher and put the ball in the back of the net like Kluivert, van Basten & v.Nistelrooy. Yet the Dutch always play v.Persie who is great for club but worse than shyte for country. Huntelaar is a beast in the 18 yard box and didn't get a fair chance for los Morons or Milan. He wouldnt fit at Barcelona because we don't play with an "out-n-out" 9 but he would have been a monster at Bayern in place of Gomez.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He has an ego but he's not really THAT bad. On the pitch he is a ballhog and sort of arrogant but he doesn't dive or complain too much. Off the pitch, he doesn't speak to the press much and though he does think he's the best and everything, he keeps his mouth shut. The fact that he refrains from saying anything shows that he values Barcelona's philosophy and the club and wants to make it. He'll mature with age I mean he's only 18.

barcanuck

Really good posts here guys. One thing is clear is that the kid is Catalan and will not do a Figo. England is a different story as he may choose to take the Pique Cesc route. Personally if we get rid of Sanchez next year and replace him with Delofeu I'm happy.

Barca8

Personally if we get rid of Sanchez next year and replace him with Delofeu I'm happy.
Same here. A Catalan knows what it means to play for FC Barcelona and I will always take a Masia graduate over an outsider.

If we can keep Villa, we should. Sell Afellay, Sanchez, Valdes (because he wants to leave), Fontas (not as good after injury) and with the profits bring in Hummels & ter Stegen. Promote Deulofeu and forget Neymar. That guy is needlessly overhyped and will be a waste of money.

Like others on this thread have said, he's a Barca youth player, he won't pull a Figo.
England on the other hand, is another story. Doesn't seem like he wants to leave though.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

Same here. A Catalan knows what it means to play for FC Barcelona and I will always take a Masia graduate over an outsider.

If we can keep Villa, we should. Sell Afellay, Sanchez, Valdes (because he wants to leave), Fontas (not as good after injury) and with the profits bring in Hummels & ter Stegen. Promote Deulofeu and forget Neymar. That guy is needlessly overhyped and will be a waste of money.

Finally someone who 100% agrees with me. I've been saying exactly this for a while now. I have faith that Cuenca, Tello, and Deulofeu will do well and they deserve opportunities to show their talents. Bringing in Neymar would be stupid and unnecessary when a GK and CB are much more important priorities.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Like others on this thread have said, he's a Barca youth player, he won't pull a Figo.
England on the other hand, is another story. Doesn't seem like he wants to leave though.

Once he gets slowly integrated into Barcelona, there is almost no chance he will want to leave for England.

barcanuck

As much as I'd like to see an all La Masia attack (Messi, Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu) I just don't see it which is why Neymar will come here next season or in 2014.

Reason being : Barca is a club of world wide marketing and attention and over the decade we've always bought prolific strikers to not only sell shirts but to add a Non La Masia quality to the forward line, just off the top of the head:

Romario, Stoichkov, Rivaldo, Kluivert, Eto'o, Larsson, Ibrahimovic, David Villa.

This trend will continue and Neymar has the bulls eye on his head by Rossell and the gang.

Trickykid

Well said Jaguar. The thing that always garners respect for Barcelona is our clubs humility. Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi are arguably the best players at their position but they don't act like celebrities. I mean if you remember the match against Madrid when they hit Pique with a lighter and Puyol told him to toss it and get into position to defend THAT IS BARCELONA. If any player is going to pull a Figo then goodluck lol

I have to differ with your opinion of Huntelaar and VdV. Both were not given a fair chance by the manager at the time. VdV I think has some personal problems and isn't the player he was with Ajax/Hamburg but Huntelaar was the 3rd highest scorer in Europe behind Ronaldo & Messi last year. He consistently gets the shaft from managers because "all he is is a goal scorer". Wow, if that isn't a strikers job then I don't know WTF is.

Sorry just venting because after our Catalan players in Espana I also support Holland. If you play a 4-2-3-1 system then your 1 must be a finisher and put the ball in the back of the net like Kluivert, van Basten & v.Nistelrooy. Yet the Dutch always play v.Persie who is great for club but worse than shyte for country. Huntelaar is a beast in the 18 yard box and didn't get a fair chance for los Morons or Milan. He wouldnt fit at Barcelona because we don't play with an "out-n-out" 9 but he would have been a monster at Bayern in place of Gomez.

You misunderstand me. I have nothing against Huntelaar and VdV - quite the opposite actually. I even caught quite a bit of flack a while back, because I was defending Huntelaar, and advocating for him to be a steal and a great fit for Spurs as they were in dire need of a reliable goal scorer.
My point was that they (and many others) just weren't great signings for RM, considering how their stints at the Spanish capital turned out. That's all. I was arguing against the point that Real Madrid are supposedly better at spotting talent than other top clubs out there, as I honestly don't think they are - especially considering their obscene transfer budgets over the past 10 years or so.

F

Flavia

Finally someone who 100% agrees with me. I've been saying exactly this for a while now. I have faith that Cuenca, Tello, and Deulofeu will do well and they deserve opportunities to show their talents. Bringing in Neymar would be stupid and unnecessary when a GK and CB are much more important priorities.
The problem with neymar is rosell. Sandro wants him. And all the money and publicity that will come with him.

Garrus

Money and publicity is a good thing for the club, Where do you think we'll get money in the future for other signings?,Oil clubs are bringing up the price tags to ridiculous levels, The economy in spain will only get worse, And we have the highest player wages in the world, Rosell is doing the right thing, Sometimes everyone forgets that FCB is an institution, Some decisions must be made that aren't exactly pure-football, But that's just how the world works.
And one last thing, He did bring Ronaldinho, And look what happened, So putting a little trust and faith in this, Wouldn't be much to ask.

Trickykid

Money and publicity is a good thing for the club, Where do you think we'll get money in the future for other signings?,Oil clubs are bringing up the price tags to ridiculous levels, The economy in spain will only get worse, And we have the highest player wages in the world, Rosell is doing the right thing, Sometimes everyone forgets that FCB is an institution, Some decisions must be made that aren't exactly pure-football, But that's just how the world works.
And one last thing, He did bring Ronaldinho, And look what happened, So putting a little trust and faith in this, Wouldn't be much to ask.

Big difference being, though, that Ronaldinho had already proven himself for two seasons with PSG, making that signing much less of a gamble.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Ronaldinho had played in Europe and did well at PSG. Plus, this was in a time when we needed players from transfers. Neymar on the other hand is unproven and overhyped, AND we don't need him. There is no big financial problem at Barcelona and we have PLENTY of depth in forwards so there is absolutely no reason for Neymar to come. We'd be much better off without him. Just because he could possibly be a good player, doesn't mean Barcelona needs him.

Garrus

Proven, It's a word that's tossed around in every corner, But does anyone know what it actually means, What it's definition?, It can't be just score goals in europe, That's absurd, Unless we believe there is a football magic barrier around Europe that's separating it from rest of the planet, If someone scored in the Greek league or Switzerland league, Does that count as being 'proven', Cause they are in europe, If there is some goal ratio required, How much is that?, Is it fixed value in all leagues, Or does it change from league to league, And in what process you come up with the required value, How do you take the account and estimate the team's influence on the tested player performance, Those all are legitimate questions, Does anyone bother thinking about these before tossing 'Proven' around.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
By proven, I mean has he shown the ability to perform well (not just score) against a decent defense? Has he consistently been a good performer when his team needs him most against opponents who are difficult to defeat? Does he have the ability to adapt and learn to play against strong defenses or only do well when in the sanctity of Brazil against 3rd or 4th tier teams? Playing in Greece or Switzerland is still unproven when it comes to playing at the highest stage of football, which is of course in Europe's top 5 leagues.

Home of Barca Fans