Gerard Deulofeu

khaled_a_d

Ronaldinho had played in Europe and did well at PSG. Plus, this was in a time when we needed players from transfers. Neymar on the other hand is unproven and overhyped, AND we don't need him. There is no big financial problem at Barcelona and we have PLENTY of depth in forwards so there is absolutely no reason for Neymar to come. We'd be much better off without him. Just because he could possibly be a good player, doesn't mean Barcelona needs him.

We need an attacker tbh ,Messi is doing most of the job but our offense can be stagnant at times ,Pedro hasn't been himself for 2 season and became so inconsistent,Alexis has been a joke this year and should be sold ,Tello/Cuenca are good but non are future stars and Villa is leaving too
a front line of Messi/Pedro/Tello/Cuenca/Deulofeu lacks depth and still need more star power ,Even if Iniesta is gr8 in LWF
The question though whether Neymar is the right choice or not?I am starting to think we need someone who can play at RWF ,basically every player in front can play in the left side but few can play at the right

As for R10 ,yes he was different situation,was proven in both france &the WC ,but Alexis was supposed to be proven and he failed ,Kaka wasn't proven and has been nothing but success to Milan

Barca8

You misunderstand me. I have nothing against Huntelaar and VdV - quite the opposite actually. I even caught quite a bit of flack a while back, because I was defending Huntelaar, and advocating for him to be a steal and a great fit for Spurs as they were in dire need of a reliable goal scorer.
My point was that they (and many others) just weren't great signings for RM, considering how their stints at the Spanish capital turned out. That's all. I was arguing against the point that Real Madrid are supposedly better at spotting talent than other top clubs out there, as I honestly don't think they are - especially considering their obscene transfer budgets over the past 10 years or so.

I wasn't being critical of you at all. Sorry if that post came off that way.
I just wanted to make a point about Huntelaar and how under appreciate he was at Milan/Madrid.

Barca8

We need an attacker tbh ,Messi is doing most of the job but our offense can be stagnant at times ,Pedro hasn't been himself for 2 season and became so inconsistent,Alexis has been a joke this year and should be sold ,Tello/Cuenca are good but non are future stars and Villa is leaving too
a front line of Messi/Pedro/Tello/Cuenca/Deulofeu lacks depth and still need more star power ,Even if Iniesta is gr8 in LWF
The question though whether Neymar is the right choice or not?I am starting to think we need someone who can play at RWF ,basically every player in front can play in the left side but few can play at the right

As for R10 ,yes he was different situation,was proven in both france &the WC ,but Alexis was supposed to be proven and he failed ,Kaka wasn't proven and has been nothing but success to Milan

We definitely do need another Striker. Marco Reus had a fantastic hat trick today. He plays wide left but can play through the center if needed as well.
Not that Pep will need the help but it'd be great to weaken Dortmund by purchasing Hummels & Reus :dance:

Paganinisrvnge

I don't understand the lack of trust in Cuenca/Tello/Deulofeu. None of them would HAVE to be regular starters as Tito's preferred line-up has a front 3 of Pedro - Messi - Iniesta. That leaves those 3 as back-ups and who knows if both Villa and Alexis will be sold.

Indignado

We definitely do need another Striker. Marco Reus had a fantastic hat trick today. He plays wide left but can play through the center if needed as well.
Not that Pep will need the help but it'd be great to weaken Dortmund by purchasing Hummels & Reus :dance:

Reus is great, but not Barca quality. I think Deulofeu is our future starter on the left wing. Pedro is good but only with 2 great partners up front, and Alexis isn't that great partner.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Reus is great, but not Barca quality. I think Deulofeu is our future starter on the left wing. Pedro is good but only with 2 great partners up front, and Alexis isn't that great partner.

Ofcourse he's Barca quality, he's more dangerous than both Alexis and Pedro. Probably better than Deulofeu, Tello and Cuenca ever will be too.

khaled_a_d

Ofcourse he's Barca quality, he's more dangerous than both Alexis and Pedro. Probably better than Deulofeu, Tello and Cuenca ever will be too.

Deulofeu potential might be bigger tbh ,he can be our own young version of CR7 tbh ,he has showed the work ethic and loyalty and physical development that will probably make him achieve most of his potential unlike other flops like GDS&Bojan
though I like Reus & Gotze ,won't mind top get one of them over Neymar if that is going to save us some money

I don't understand the lack of trust in Cuenca/Tello/Deulofeu. None of them would HAVE to be regular starters as Tito's preferred line-up has a front 3 of Pedro - Messi - Iniesta. That leaves those 3 as back-ups and who knows if both Villa and Alexis will be sold.

Xavi is getting older and we will need Iniesta to play some time in mid-field ,Pedro is inconsistent in the last 2 seasons , we will promote Rafa probably to get some depth in mid-field and make Iniesta full time ,but Thiago/Rafa/Tello/Cuenca/Deulofeu being on the bench for both mid-field & attackers is too risky IMO , I think getting new striker is still better option ,that said It is 3rd biggest need after GK&CB ,if there is no money then we shouldn't go for a new striker
PS:how is Afellay doing with Schalke?

Wouterinho

We shouldn't buy a new attacker, certainly not given the current financial situation and our other needs.
About deulofeu; how did he get both his yellow cards?

Micah

He's a great player but i don't think he'd fit our style of play. He'd suit Madrid more than us. Gotze though could be a perfect fit and a much better option than Neymar.
But i don't think a forward is needed in the first place. Iniesta could continue to ply his trade in the LW for atleast another 2 seasons, his willingness to take on players with his mesmerizing dribbles and link up play with Messi could be more useful than what Neymar could ever offer.

And we also have some really promising players coming through the academy. Armanda Traore, Ebwelle, Dongou, Deulofeu, they could all be potential stars. Deulofeu would be getting much more opportunities next season and hopefully comes good(even though he needs to get his attitude right). Dongou can also play in the wings, and could very well be our next Eto, even though he's not had a perfect Season, same could be said of Deulofeu last season. I just hope he improves the following season.
Armanda traore is one player i'm really excited about and Ebwelle is also holding much promise. Bringing in a forward could hamper the progress of all these youngsters and their hope of getting in to the first team.

Barca8

I have a lot of confidence in Pedro/Cuenca/Tello and Deulofeu but think we also need some versatility which players like Villa, Eto'o and Henry have braught in the past. I also agree with khaled_a_d about Iniesta being needed in midfield. What kind of midfielder Thiago will turn out to be, we don't know yet. He could fill Xavi's boots and become the engine that drives Barca or more of the forward thinking mid like Iniesta currently is. But as of right now Iniesta can play the playmaker role brilliantly and I think he'll take over Xavi's role in a year or 2 (Cesc is too much of an AMF).

He's a great player but i don't think he'd fit our style of play. He'd suit Madrid more than us. Gotze though could be a perfect fit and a much better option than Neymar.
But i don't think a forward is needed in the first place. Iniesta could continue to ply his trade in the LW for atleast another 2 seasons, his willingness to take on players with his mesmerizing dribbles and link up play with Messi could be more useful than what Neymar could ever offer.

And we also have some really promising players coming through the academy. Armanda Traore, Ebwelle, Dongou, Deulofeu, they could all be potential stars. Deulofeu would be getting much more opportunities next season and hopefully comes good(even though he needs to get his attitude right). Dongou can also play in the wings, and could very well be our next Eto, even though he's not had a perfect Season, same could be said of Deulofeu last season. I just hope he improves the following season. Armanda traore is one player i'm really excited about and Ebwelle is also holding much promise. Bringing in a forward could hamper the progress of all these youngsters and their hope of getting in to the first team.

You make a lot of really good points here. I don't agree that Reus wouldn't fit our style because he is a technically gifted player and would be able to incorporate into our play. But as you said it could hinder our Masia players who I am excited to see in the senior squad; specifically Dongou & Deulofeu.

Anyone remember the diagonal ball played to Alexis and his first touch? Yeah, he has to go. I hope this was a rebuilding year for Villa and he can find his old form because Alexis needs to be sold. All funds should go to our priority positions GK (Courtois/ter Stegen) & CB (Hummels/Subotić)

Home of Barca Fans