Gerard Deulofeu

aaron101

I wouldn't be surprised if Deulofeu leaves us after 2-3 yrs. I mean, if the club is serious with him then why are they getting Neymar? Tello, Cuenca & Deulofeu must be disappointed with the club bringing in Neymar as it will diminish their chances.

Also reports say that Tello, Bartra & Montoya might get loaned next season. I really don't like this style. Most of our players who got loaned never came back. Looks like the club doesn't really count on Tello even though he proved himself on those minutes he's given.

Wouterinho

I wouldn't be surprised if Deulofeu leaves us after 2-3 yrs. I mean, if the club is serious with him then why are they getting Neymar? Tello, Cuenca & Deulofeu must be disappointed with the club bringing in Neymar as it will diminish their chances.

Also reports say that Tello, Bartra & Montoya might get loaned next season. I really don't like this style. Most of our players who got loaned never came back. Looks like the club doesn't really count on Tello even though he proved himself on those minutes he's given.
Just stop believing everything you've read, some rumours really have zero credibility.

Tonite

I think that Cuenca won't be our player, maybe he will continue to be loaned. Then one of our strikers David Villa or Alexis Sanchez would be sold so we have space for Neymar and to promote Deulofeu.

aaron101

Just stop believing everything you've read, some rumours really have zero credibility.

The club wants to make the squad smaller next season and there is a possibilty that they will be loaned out. I mean who else? They are the only players along with Dos Santos who doesn't get playing time.

The bottomline is if Neymar comes, Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu will all be disappointed and won't get their chances.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The club put a massive price tag on Deulofeu so they are not even slightly keen to let him go. Villa will be sold and Alexis will be loaned out and never return again. I'm scared that one of Cuenca and Tello will leave if Neymar comes. When Neymar comes, kiss the chances of getting Aguero or Reus goodbye. The club will probably try to make a lot of room for Deulofeu. Those of you who think Deulofeu is an average talent who is arrogant enough to not stay loyal to us are wrong.

Wouterinho

The club wants to make the squad smaller next season and there is a possibilty that they will be loaned out. I mean who else? They are the only players along with Dos Santos who doesn't get playing time.

The bottomline is if Neymar comes, Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu will all be disappointed and won't get their chances.
Now I agree partially, they will indeed be disappointed if Neymar comes.
But just think this through; if you loan Bartra and Montoya, you have 6 defenders in your entire squad (Barca B defenders aren't ready at all), so they're just not gonna loan both of these players. I know Fontas will also return at the end of the season, but I think Bartra is more likely to stay. Loaning JDS would be a more logical decision because he's too good to play with Barcelona B and since Busquets plays a lot and Song also needs his playing time, he won't get the time a talented player like him deserves.

Xtroverto

Tito really needs to start thinking about giving Deulofeu some taste of playing with the first team, now that the league is practically won I don't see any problem with giving him 30 minutes at least 5-6 games and 1 or 2 starts. Next season I expect Tito to play him 15-20 games with the A-squad over the whole season. He is simply to good to spend the whole next season in Segunda. I also don't think it would be a good idea to loan him out, that would just hurt his chances to integrate with the A-squad.

Next year I want Villa and Alexis out, bring in Neymar or Aguero and let Deulofeu play as a relieve player behind Pedro/Cuenca/Tello and Neymar/Aguero/Iniesta.

BarcaJack

He has an ego but he's not really THAT bad. On the pitch he is a ballhog and sort of arrogant but he doesn't dive or complain too much. Off the pitch, he doesn't speak to the press much and though he does think he's the best and everything, he keeps his mouth shut. The fact that he refrains from saying anything shows that he values Barcelona's philosophy and the club and wants to make it. He'll mature with age I mean he's only 18.
Sometimes I wonder whether his ego would impede his progress in more basic skills. Was he more interested in scoring lately? I think it takes a lot of patience to understand passing and running styles to be fit for the first team. Even really good players like Alexis have problems with that.

Barca8

If the board is thinking of shrinking our squad then I believe they'll do it to clear out some of the unneccessary baggage. Our priorities in the market need to be a quality GK & CB. I think Song was a terrible waste of money and having both him and Mascherano is 1 DM too many. If we bring in Hummels there is no room for Masch at CB and with Song being the younger player it could be the end of Mascherano's time at Barca (though I'd sell Song first).

Our squad of 25 should be: Pinto, Montoya, Alves, Puyol, Pique, Bartra, Muniesa, Alba, Adriano, Busquets, Song, Xavi, Thiago, Iniesta, Fabregas, JDS, Cuenca, Tello, Pedro, Villa, Messi + Hummels, ter Stegen, Deulofeu, Abidal (??)

Players who can be sold: Alexis, Afellay, Fontas, Mascherano (though again I prefer Song to go, no offense to him but he wasn't needed)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
If the board is thinking of shrinking our squad then I believe they'll do it to clear out some of the unneccessary baggage. Our priorities in the market need to be a quality GK & CB. I think Song was a terrible waste of money and having both him and Mascherano is 1 DM too many. If we bring in Hummels there is no room for Masch at CB and with Song being the younger player it could be the end of Mascherano's time at Barca (though I'd sell Song first).

Our squad of 25 should be: Pinto, Montoya, Alves, Puyol, Pique, Bartra, Muniesa, Alba, Adriano, Busquets, Song, Xavi, Thiago, Iniesta, Fabregas, JDS, Cuenca, Tello, Pedro, Villa, Messi + Hummels, ter Stegen, Deulofeu, Abidal (??)
I'm pretty sure they didn't have 25 players in mind when they said "small squad"... Probably more like 21 or 22. From that list players such as JDS and Deulofeu won't be in the squad, I'm almost 100% sure of that. Well, Deulofeu might get promoted if we get rid of 2 or 3 wingers, but I'd rather keep him with Barca B because he's got a whole lot of things to change about how he plays the game. I'd love to keep Bartra, but if things continue like they have this season then he'll probably get loaned out :(. One or two out of Alexis, Villa, Cuenca and Tello will probably leave, and getting Hummels would be very difficult and expensive. Then there's the question about what will happen to Rafinha and Sergi Roberto, who will both want to play first team football shortly.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
My attempt at a guess at next seasons squad:

Staying for sure (16): Pinto, Dani Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Alba, Adriano, Montoya, Mascherano, Busquets, Song, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Thiago, Messi, Pedro.
Possibly leaving (2-3 out of the 5): Villa, Alexis, Tello, Cuenca, Valdes
Probably leaving (2): Bartra (on loan, assuming we get another cb), Muniesa (same, but he's more likely to leave)
Leaving (1): JDS
Special case: Abidal

Transfer signings (1-2): New gk? New cb? Neymar (hopefully not)?
Most likely not promoted: Deulofeu, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha.
Promoted and probably told to leave: Oier

So 16 players are safe and on top of that we'll have atleast 5 players (the possible departures of Bartra and Valdes would be compensated by 2 players joining on those positions, and we're most likely going to have 1 winger less last season, be it that we get rid of one or that we get rid of two and get Neymar). We'd get a squad of 21+ Abidal, who we can't say for sure if he'll be able to play. Then we might have another player or two, depending on the gk situation (if they decide to keep Valdes AND have a replacement ready, and possible promotions such as Oier or Roberto) but it's not very likely if they really want a small squad.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans