Gerard Deulofeu

ShandyFFM

Most likely not promoted: Deulofeu, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha ?????

hasnt sergi robert a contrac for the first team ??? not sure sure .. sorry

and im pretty sure deulofeu will get promoted ... would wonder if his new contract has a point which says he will get to play in the first team after signing the new contract next season otherwise his character would allow him to play an other year at the segunda division... he would freak out i guess

Indignado

My attempt at a guess at next seasons squad:

Staying for sure (16): Pinto, Dani Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Alba, Adriano, Montoya, Mascherano, Busquets, Song, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Thiago, Messi, Pedro.
Possibly leaving (2-3 out of the 5): Villa, Alexis, Tello, Cuenca, Valdes
Probably leaving (2): Bartra (on loan, assuming we get another cb), Muniesa (same, but he's more likely to leave)
Leaving (1): JDS
Special case: Abidal

Transfer signings (1-2): New gk? New cb? Neymar (hopefully not)?
Most likely not promoted: Deulofeu, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha.
Promoted and probably told to leave: Oier

So 16 players are safe and on top of that we'll have atleast 5 players (the possible departures of Bartra and Valdes would be compensated by 2 players joining on those positions, and we're most likely going to have 1 winger less last season, be it that we get rid of one or that we get rid of two and get Neymar). We'd get a squad of 21+ Abidal, who we can't say for sure if he'll be able to play. Then we might have another player or two, depending on the gk situation (if they decide to keep Valdes AND have a replacement ready, and possible promotions such as Oier or Roberto) but it's not very likely if they really want a small squad.

I don't think Bartra, Muniesa, Tello or Cuenca will leave. The only one who could possibly leave out of those is Tello, but only because he has a buyout clause which stands at 10m and he doesn't play too often. Cuenca will certainly not leave after just having come back from Ajax. Plus, the club is not so stupid to let their 2 biggest prospects in central defense (Muniesa and Bartra) leave. I agree with you on JDS, however, I think he'll be told that he won't get any chances at Barca.

As for promotions, Rafinha and Roberto are set to join the first squad permanently next season. Deulofeu will probably have to wait a little more as he's only 18, but I don't think this makes much sense given that he's already too good for Segunda right now.

Bojan will come back and possibly leave immediately and a new CB will probably be arriving. I don't see Neymar coming this season but seeing how dedicated the staff are to getting him, I think he'll come in 2014. Valdes seems keen on leaving, and if he does in the summer, we will get a new GK. Villa will most probably leave and Alexis hopefully as well. If we're getting a CB and Bartra and Muniesa get to play more often, one of Mascherano and Song will have to leave, maybe already this summer. Song is quite new and Mascherano is Barca through and through, so none of the two have a reason to leave and it's hard to say who it's going to be.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I don't think Bartra, Muniesa, Tello or Cuenca will leave. The only one who could possibly leave out of those is Tello, but only because he has a buyout clause which stands at 10m and he doesn't play too often. Cuenca will certainly not leave after just having come back from Ajax. Plus, the club is not so stupid to let their 2 biggest prospects in central defense (Muniesa and Bartra) leave. I agree with you on JDS, however, I think he'll be told that he won't get any chances at Barca.

As for promotions, Rafinha and Roberto are set to join the first squad permanently next season. Deulofeu will probably have to wait a little more as he's only 18, but I don't think this makes much sense given that he's already too good for Segunda right now.

Bojan will come back and possibly leave immediately and a new CB will probably be arriving. I don't see Neymar coming this season but seeing how dedicated the staff are to getting him, I think he'll come in 2014. Valdes seems keen on leaving, and if he does in the summer, we will get a new GK. Villa will most probably leave and Alexis hopefully as well. If we're getting a CB and Bartra and Muniesa get to play more often, one of Mascherano and Song will have to leave, maybe already this summer. Song is quite new and Mascherano is Barca through and through, so none of the two have a reason to leave and it's hard to say who it's going to be.

Muniesa and Bartra haven't played much this season, so one of them will definitely leave on loan. If we're getting another cb then both. Personally I'd like to keep Bartra but he's barely featured so far, they're showing no trust in him whatsoever.

As for Rafinha and Roberto they wouldn't be playing if they joined the first team, and they're not good enough yet so we'd have to loan them, sell them or keep them in Barca B.

Barca8

My attempt at a guess at next seasons squad:

Staying for sure (16): Pinto, Dani Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Alba, Adriano, Montoya, Mascherano, Busquets, Song, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Thiago, Messi, Pedro.
Possibly leaving (2-3 out of the 5): Villa, Alexis, Tello, Cuenca, Valdes
Probably leaving (2): Bartra (on loan, assuming we get another cb), Muniesa (same, but he's more likely to leave)
Leaving (1): JDS
Special case: Abidal

Transfer signings (1-2): New gk? New cb? Neymar (hopefully not)?
Most likely not promoted: Deulofeu, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha.
Promoted and probably told to leave: Oier

So 16 players are safe and on top of that we'll have atleast 5 players (the possible departures of Bartra and Valdes would be compensated by 2 players joining on those positions, and we're most likely going to have 1 winger less last season, be it that we get rid of one or that we get rid of two and get Neymar). We'd get a squad of 21+ Abidal, who we can't say for sure if he'll be able to play. Then we might have another player or two, depending on the gk situation (if they decide to keep Valdes AND have a replacement ready, and possible promotions such as Oier or Roberto) but it's not very likely if they really want a small squad.

That's a decent list but you've got mostly all Masia players leaving and I don't think that's likely. One of the greatest things about FC Barcelona is that they create World Class Talent. The reason why Pep was so successful was because he knew how to use our Masia players and bring in a few others where it was needed (of course having Messi didn't hurt). JDS has shown promise the few times he has played. Bartra & Muniesa are solid defenders but just need more experience. If anyone remembers the goal we conceded this past weekend it was again cause by Mascherano being out of position. He isn't a CB and if we're not going to use him as a DMF he is surplus. Again out of Mascherano & Song only 1 is needed.

Is Abidal going to retire?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Fantastic game from Deulofeu today. scored twice and set up multiple chances. His first goal reminded me how amazing his speed and acceleration is along with the fact that he can finish very well under pressure. His attitude was very good too as he didn't hog the ball and played well as a part of the team, not just as an individual. Seriously needs more first team playing time this season and since we're pretty much out of the CL, heavy rotation is a great option to give many youngsters playing time and experience and giving some of the veterans some rest.

Indignado

Seriously, even Morata plays really well in the first team of Real and he's not even the best player at Castilla. I actually think that Deulofeu could become our most dangerous attacker after Messi this season if he was given enough playing time..

SoMa

Better than Pedro & Sanchez.

So definitely not even being considered as an option.

We can only pray for tello and villa.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Seriously, even Morata plays really well in the first team of Real and he's not even the best player at Castilla. I actually think that Deulofeu could become our most dangerous attacker after Messi this season if he was given enough playing time..

Definitely not this season but in the future yes. Even though he's GREATLY improved from past years, Deulofeu still has some attitude problems. He tends to be a ballhog sometimes and doesn't always make the greatest of decisions. When the team is down, he gets frustrated and that just makes him worse. All in all he's still a very raw player and one for the future. His time to be one of the best will come, but he's rightfully been played in Segunda this season because he's gained valuable experience.

ShandyFFM

guess it will be time to bring on deulofeu to the first team to have an other great goalscorer on the right wing and to provide space for messi...although he makes our game a bit more unpredictable

Galning

Do people even watch Deulofeu? We are going through a bad spell and all of a sudden he would be our most dangerous attacker after Messi? :lol: Not saying he isn't good but get real.

Home of Barca Fans