Gerard Deulofeu

Indignado

Do people even watch Deulofeu? We are going through a bad spell and all of a sudden he would be our most dangerous attacker after Messi? :lol: Not saying he isn't good but get real.

Why not? Of course our players our usually better, but do you watch them play? Deulofeu might be unexperienced and a ballhog but he's on fire. I highly doubt he would be worse than Pedro and Alexis right now.

ShandyFFM

.... just imagine him getting on a new level by playing next to the best of this world.... he can be huge for barca and i see him and neymar as the furture stars .... they both can play on the wings they have incredible pace and they both can go into the middle as a striker.... only the passing isnt that good from deulofeu but i never mind if he can bring something new to barca like really good counter attacks seen from madrid... he is looking more ronaldo style than bale does to me... his first goal agains las palmas was freaking ronaldo style

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Why not? Of course our players our usually better, but do you watch them play? Deulofeu might be unexperienced and a ballhog but he's on fire. I highly doubt he would be worse than Pedro and Alexis right now.

Well you can't make a direct comparison as he's playing in Segunda. The pressure of having to play on the first team during a MASSIVE slump in overall team form and in one of the most vital parts of the season is too much pressure to bear for an 18 year old with only a handful of appearances. His time to shine this season with the 1st team is when we've mathematically won the liga and the coaches rotate the youth players in with the squad.

ShandyFFM

if he has the potential and the support of the coaching team he can be a solid part of the new barca team next season... the coaches only need to set him right into the team and keep him working humble like everyone does... we need fresh blood ... imo he has that huge potential no every player has... he can be one of the best like messi,xavi,iniesta potential

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Do people even watch Deulofeu? We are going through a bad spell and all of a sudden he would be our most dangerous attacker after Messi? :lol: Not saying he isn't good but get real.

Well said... Same goes for Tello to some degree...

People here are complaining about the team making the same mistakes all over again, but they suddenly forget that giving the team responsibility to a youngster isn't a good idea, do you remember what happened to Bojan? He was very good for a period of time, but once the team got back on its feet again, what happened to him?

We shouldn't rush Deulofeu or any other cantera player just for the sake of immediate results...

JamDav1982

People here are complaining about the team making the same mistakes all over again, but they suddenly forget that giving the team responsibility to a youngster isn't a good idea, do you remember what happened to Bojan? He was very good for a period of time, but once the team got back on its feet again, what happened to him?

We shouldn't rush Deulofeu or any other cantera player just for the sake of immediate results...

Deulofeu is 19 in a few days and deserves to at least be given a chance to show what he can do, especially when the players in his position in the first team are struggling badly.

I dont think anyone is saying he has to come in and save the team but at 19 years old and top scorer in Segunda he deserves a chance. He is still raw but first team football will develop him quicker than staying in the B team.

fcbdna

Banned
Everyones playing the Hype machine. I for one have not been impressed at all! All he ever does is run to the touchline and gets an obvious cross in. Never attempts a give and go or a sublime through pass.

ShandyFFM

varane :coffee:

Paganinisrvnge

It would not surprise me at all if he grabbed hold of a spot in the starting 11 next season. People on here act like he shouldn't get more than 5 appearances in the first team until he's like 23. I could really see him being a force on the wing and helping relieve some pressure off Messi without having to pay a fortune for samba boy. I'm not saying start him every match but I would like to see him get at least 15-20 first team appearances next season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It would not surprise me at all if he grabbed hold of a spot in the starting 11 next season. People on here act like he shouldn't get more than 5 appearances in the first team until he's like 23. I could really see him being a force on the wing and helping relieve some pressure off Messi without having to pay a fortune for samba boy. I'm not saying start him every match but I would like to see him get at least 15-20 first team appearances next season.

Definitely not going to be a starter anytime soon. He's still not even 19 yet. I'd say that he'll get integrated at a somewhat quicker pace than Thiago because our wingers aren't nearly as great as our midfield so it's easier to break into. Next season he'll have to make do with making appearances in rotational/resting matches. For the next 2 years his main job is just to build the trust of Tito and rise up in the pecking order, not to immediately try to dazzle his way into a starting position.

JamDav1982

His age is largely irrelevant, if he is good enough he should be given the chance to prove it in the first team and try and get a place in the starting eleven.

He does have a lot to learn and needs to become more of a team player, but he will do that quicker in the first team than he will elsewhere.

In the games he has played in he has showed his raw side and a touch of arrogance in throwing his hands up at Messi. But I like the fact he isnt intimidated by Messi others like Sanchez, Villa, Tello and Cuenca I think are to an extent.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Deulofeu has not been perfect this season either. In fact in many of the recent matches he ended up scoring (a lot of them being penalties) but not even playing well overall and showed his bad attitude. This previous game was a great one from him but you also have to assess how he's been before that. Right now he trains with the first team fairly frequently and gets tons of game time with the B team. That's the best system for him at the moment because he is improving on both levels. It's no help if he goes up to the first team and gets benched for almost all games and the only improvements he makes are based on training alone. Rushing him would definitely do more harm than good.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He has so much to improve on, I wouldn't want him to get a red carpet treatment just because he's a talented canterano. Let him fight for his place and slowly move up the pecking order. This way he'll learn much more and stay hungry. He still has to learn the basics.

Home of Barca Fans