Gerard Piqué

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
14 years he's been here and gave us a lot joy. Would have liked if he stayed more motivated but all in all great career.

GL Pique

CatalinR10

Nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pipe down old man.

pique-manita-gerard-pique.gif

neo_wolf

In his prime he was the most talented CB in the world.
Its also true thathe was here 5 years to long and he also put his business above his club.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think Pique was late in leaving the team because the team gave no indication until this season that they were ready to move on from him. Until this season, Pique has been the best or 2nd best CB on the team.

Perhaps if Barca had brought in better CBs before, there wouldn't be all this complaining about how he overstayed and delivered declining performances.

He was replaced too late, just like Busi and Alba. Should have been gone at the latest after the Liverpool fiasco.

SmilerBam

Well,that is it. I thought he is gonna maybe go maybe for one last season in the States, but i was mistaken. He was clearly one of the best defenders in the world in his prime. I don't think he deserved the treatment he received from some of the fans here on barcaforum, but then again, we have here people who think Dumbele is one of the best players in the world. Farewell legend.

gregorrin10

Great player and career for Barca.

Saw that the club finally replaced him this season, and now did the honorable thing of retiring. Went out at the right time.

The right time was about 5 years ago, but definitely after the Anfield debacle. Since Bayern he was basically just dragging his name in the mud, especially after his famous statement of willing to leave first right after that loss.

Barcilliant

My dad watched Koeman he said he was a good player yes but not a great player.

I watched KOEMAN alot and he was better. Piques positioning was better and he played in a much better side. KOEMAN was physically stronger and had an eye for goal that is probably unmatched by any defender in history.

Barcilliant

His businesses (Kosmos and Davis Cup) are thriving, if he has an eye for business like Florentino does, I am all for him to be the presidente one day.

No thanks. He will be another Barca DNA cultist. Not to mention he loves shady dealings. Pass with gas and move on.
Big thanks to him for 2008-2017.

Home of Barca Fans