Gerard Piqué

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Meh, okay perhaps, Silky. Thing with me is that I've got really high standards in terms of who I think is a Really Good Defender. The best defensive line I've seen play is that from the 89-94 (or thereabouts) Milan squad. I don't think Ferdinand would stand a chance at displacing either of those centerbacks. Pique's good enough to eventually do so. Just needs to work a bit on positioning and concentration.

Nahh, i dont think Pique would either. That back 4 was truly exceptional, no-one would get close. Ferdinand may have been the best in the world, but if you rate him against Maldini, Baresi and Co, then he's just a good defender..:lol:

Ferdinand and Pique are similar Styles of player IMO, both good ball playing CB's, rarely look troubled, Ferdinand was much faster before his injuries but Piques the better passer. Fedinand's positioning is flawless, But Pique will make tht up with Experience

Hellsangel

Don't laugh but I'd like to mention Vincent Kompany. He's not better than Pique, but Kompany has some awesome potential. He has improved a lot lately and has everything a centre back needs. A nice extra is his great technique on the ball. According to some, Kompany has been the best defender in the PL this season.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Don't laugh but I'd like to mention Vincent Kompany. He's not better than Pique, but Kompany has some awesome potential. He has improved a lot lately and has everything a centre back needs. A nice extra is his great technique on the ball. According to some, Kompany has been the best defender in the PL this season.

Best defender in the PL this season? He hasn't been the best. He only looks good because Citeh play with 3 DMs.

J

Jordzibob

How good actually is Thiago Silva? I've heard good things about him but everytime I've seen him play I've gotta be honest he's looked pretty crappy........

W

woobie

He's quite good, I think. But, referring to my above comment, he's nowhere near the level of the centerbacks of the 89-94 Milan. (Nesta is).

Elite-BkD

Puyol and Pique have both been disappointing for a large part of this season. Pique hasn't been so far this season but he's got a pretty solid shot at becoming the best active CB around.

Moe