Gerard Piqué

Theconomist

I put more blame on him than Mascherano for both goals, he should have been further back just like Puyol is when paired with either Pique or Masch.

Anyway average game.

Galning

No one is blaming him for not being faster than Ronaldo, was a really good flick by Ronaldo. However Pique chose to go cover the goal instead of applying pressure on Ronaldo who was dwelling on the ball which was a huge mistake and that is why people blame him for the second goal.

To be fair, as weird as it may sound, if Valdés didn't save that shot I'm 100% sure that Piqué would've cleared it. But because it took a deflection off Valdés it went in.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
the first 30 minutes of yesterday's match was the worst I've seen Barça play in a long, long time. the crux of the issue is that El Capitan was not on the pitch to corrall the team after that first goal. It should be Piqué but he didn't step up in time. Now while it will take the collective team to step up in order replace the fire that is El Capitan (shout out to Meta for that one) it has to start w/ Piqué. He needs to step up and lead, and everyone else will elevate their games. After Adriano was sent off, Piqué (and Badger) were immense. if Piqué played like that all match, or at least after the first goal, the outcome could have been different.

make El Capitan an asst manager/player and we'll see Piqué start to grow as a leader, because El Capitan needs to be pitch level in order to help this growth.

c'mon Piqué ... Barça's defense for the rest of the season depends on your growth. don't fuck up now.

Meitux

the first 30 minutes of yesterday's match was the worst I've seen Barça play in a long, long time. the crux of the issue is that El Capitan was not on the pitch to corrall the team after that first goal. It should be Piqué but he didn't step up in time. Now while it will take the collective team to step up in order replace the fire that is El Capitan (shout out to Meta for that one) it has to start w/ Piqué. He needs to step up and lead, and everyone else will elevate their games. After Adriano was sent off, Piqué (and Badger) were immense. if Piqué played like that all match, or at least after the first goal, the outcome could have been different.

make El Capitan an asst manager/player and we'll see Piqué start to grow as a leader, because El Capitan needs to be pitch level in order to help this growth.

c'mon Piqué ... Barça's defense for the rest of the season depends on your growth. don't fuck up now.
if he has a season like 2009/2010 he will be fine but its not depending on him we need a world class center back next to him not mascherano and its proven but last nights game,puyol is starting to losing his best so....we desperatelly need a center back and we finished signing song....

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
if he has a season like 2009/2010 he will be fine but its not depending on him we need a world class center back next to him not mascherano and its proven but last nights game,puyol is starting to losing his best so....we desperatelly need a center back and we finished signing song....

Song showed some promise though, which is refreshing after our recent history with signings... I know it was only 20 minutes and that the second half of the season is when he should be preforming...

After Keita (who was no DM) left I thought we didn't need another midfielder, but I'm starting to see Tito's plan and it seems good because we really didn't have a backup for Busi who plays in a key position for us, so keeping him fresh and with some competition makes perfect sense...

So the fact that Song is here does not rule out that we absolutely need another reliable CB... Puyol as amazing as he is will probably be able to play just half of the games, Piqué and Masch will be our main CB pair and we are left with just canteranos to provide depth which is a little risky in case an injury hits...

X

xaviniesta

Felicidades al periodista que representaba a España y que NO ha votado a Andrés Iniesta! #etfelicitofill

:worthy:

Henry_IB

Banned
I'd also like to add that I think that tweet from Pique is sad and don't see why people find it to be awesome. They should vote for the player they think is best, you guys want him to automatically vote for Iniesta for the sole reason of him being Spanish.

Home of Barca Fans