Gerard Piqué

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Most footballers aren't the sharpest, and yes Pique has a big mouth.

But it's pretty pathetic that you don't like him for not sharing your anti-Spanish chauvinism.

As a player, I can't hate him because he really has turned into a Marquez clone.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Most footballers aren't the sharpest, and yes Pique has a big mouth.

But it's pretty pathetic that you don't like him for not sharing your anti-Spanish chauvinism.

It is not for that. I remember once in the plane he picked up the hostess telephone and he put a song of a Spanish Ska group about proletarism and humble class labourism. Pretty hypocrite IMO.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It is not for that. I remember once in the plane he picked up the hostess telephone and he put a song of a Spanish Ska group about proletarism and humble class labourism. Pretty hypocrite IMO.

I just don't think he really understands what he's talking about. :lol:

Wasn't Pique privately educated?

I suppose that still doesn't guarantee idiocy.

He comes from a brainy family, for all I know Pique is booksmart, but he doesn't seem to have much common sense/awareness of the world. It tends to happen when you have been a successful footballer since a teenager, but Pique especially seems to be a bit of a space cadet, especially when compared to someone like Iniesta or Xavi (the latter of whom is smart enough to explicitly reject talking about anything but football)

Last edited:

Maria

I'd also like to add that I think that tweet from Pique is sad and don't see why people find it to be awesome. They should vote for the player they think is best, you guys want him to automatically vote for Iniesta for the sole reason of him being Spanish.

You can't understand what Pique did if you don't live in Spain. In 2010, when Messi won the BdO the spanish journalists(and especially Marca) were outraged because a spanish player didn't win it and they went as far as having this front page:

g1101.jpg

So you can't proclaim yourself a patriot when Messi wins the BdO and 2 years later(when Spain wins another major trophy) vote for Cristiano.

Last edited:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
You know I realize today while watching the game that I took every good thing Gerard did for granted... a good pass, a good tackle, a good interception, or good positioning. You know not extraordinary things, but quality, consistent things he did. It made look back to his first and second year here, and how I remember I applauded every little detail of his game. Makes me realize, to a certain extent, overtime I begin to take this player for granted. Then of course came that rough patch he had, and then not only that, I began to only just be aware of his errors...

Unlike a striker, who can have a below par match on a general basis (touches, passes etc.), but can score a goal or two and be a hero with the fans- the defender is quite the opposite- he can be fantastic on a general basis, but make one or two errors, and be the villain to the fans.

So I say, become aware of everything little good thing Gerard does, the things that went noticed when he was new and fresh and you were eager to know him, and send some love and positive energy towards this mofo. I think he needs it.

F

Flavia

@barcastuff
Official: Pique has injured his left foot, he will undergo further test to know for how long he will be out

:(

Home of Barca Fans