Gerard Piqué

loozy

6925961_460s_v1.jpg

:lol: if true.

I think getting 2 CBs will help. One to replace Puyol and one to provide depth/competition and give Pique something to think about.
Marquinhos could be perfect for this IMO, he's also young and has huge potential.

As for the starting CB, I'm not sure. Kompany's not gonna happen, but he'd definitely be my first choice if the rumors had any credibility whatsoever. Otherwise, I think Hummels would be a decent option, though his similarity to Pique could be a problem. Subotic or Vertonghen maybe?

We'll probably need to sell a few players if we want to get 2 CBs and a GK though. Then again, we can pull it off IMO by selling Valdes and loaned players (Afellay, etc). That'll give us 70m to spend (about 10m for Valdes and about another 10 for Afellay) which should be enough for a GK (~20m), Puyol replacement (25-30m) and another CB (10-20m).

As for Bartra, he should be loaned to give him more game time if we get 2 CBs, since we'll have 5 (Pique, 2 new CBs, Masch, Puyol). Then again, Puyol's injury prone and Masch isn't a true CB...

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
To me Pique's attitude is to blame. He's one of those people who wont work hard unless someone kicks his ass like Puyol. He's not good enough for Barca or any top club and definitely cant lead a defence. Wish we had options so he could be benched like Pep did. maybe that will wake him up

To me Pique's attitude is to blame. He's one of those people who wont work hard unless someone kicks his ass like Puyol. He's not good enough for Barca or any top club and definitely cant lead a defence. Wish we had options so he could be benched like Pep did. maybe that will wake him up

I think having someone on the bench who has a legitimate chance of benching him would help. Which is why getting 2 CBs can be a good idea. Pique definitely has the talent to be a starting CB for Barca, he's world-class in terms of that IMO. He's too inconsistent though, and I think what I suggested would really help.

As for the starting CB, I wonder if there's anyone we can get who can give Pique those kicks up the ass like Puyol.

Last edited:
Y

Youngie

Players like Pique (and probably Cesc) play better when they're surrounded by world-class players.

Home of Barca Fans