Gerard Piqué

Antimadridista1

Without Puyol in our defense, I'm really really scared... Messi always does his work and scores goals and we always see that Pique isn't good enough to keep Messi's work alive (and Tello's goal for yesterday's match).

Anyway, I wish that Hummels will be our next season ; I'm sure that our defense will be more stronger and confident than nowadays ; Alves - Hummels - Puyol - Alba is clearly better than with Pique's presence.

As you said guys, he needs to bench because I don't remember last time he did a good performance with us... More times goes, more he becomes slow and it looks like if he was not going to grow and to be mature as a CB ; I mean, he doesn't learn from Puyol !!
We are probably going to lose against PSG because of him ; Lucas, Lavezzi & Ibrahimovic are going to show the lack in our defense. I wish that Mascherano will not make big mistakes...

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Get Hummels, sideline pique for a while to show him he is here to play and not to feel all too safe about his position and future here. If still he did not get the point sell and buy a young CB. Barca has not promised to be home to players when they are no longer professional. He can go to clubs where they let him party with shakira and not win over and over in a while because of a messi or villa or iniesta or xavi covering his f*ck ups

Garrus

Get Hummels, sideline pique for a while to show him he is here to play and not to feel all too safe about his position and future here. If still he did not get the point sell and buy a young CB. Barca has not promised to be home to players when they are no longer professional. He can go to clubs where they let him party with shakira and not win over and over in a while because of a messi or villa or iniesta or xavi covering his f*ck ups
You had me at pique :lol:

karthik

I think not just Pique, but all our defenders have regressed. The player started the season very well from what I remember.

Garrus

lol

unfortunately he actually has been the source for lolz for more than a while and not in a good way :facepalm:
If we already didn't have so much problems at the back he would've been benched, Specially after being out muscled like a pussy against varane and ramos :facepalm:
God i miss pep, And we can only pray for poor tito

Edit: I forgot about the 2 times his ass got handed out to him by cristiano

Last edited:
He's been great at times but way too inconsistent. IMO, he has the talent, he's world class in that aspect. His problem is consistency.
I think getting 2 CBs can help. One to replace Puyol and one to provide depth and make sure Pique doesn't get too comfortable with his starting spot.
Hell, maybe only getting 1 CB can help, if it's the right one. Someone who can give Pique those kicks up the ass whenever he's not focusing or whatever, a bit like Puyol.

Puyol/Pique worked great in the past, and still does at times. Ramos/Pique works great for Spain. So I think our defense should be good next season if we find the correct CB to pair with Pique.

The best idea would be to get 2 CBs, but getting 1 CB can still work really well if it's the right one.

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
If we already didn't have so much problems at the back he would've been benched, Specially after being out muscled like a pussy against varane and ramos :facepalm:
God i miss pep, And we can only pray for poor tito

Edit: I forgot about the 2 times his ass got handed out to him by cristiano

sell pique, buy:

Levante+UD+v+Real+Madrid+CF+La+Liga+FiV-6Uqo1RWl.jpg

for peanuts. we dont even need to buy him a shirt

Last edited:

Stric

Nobody can tell what's happening in Pique's head right now, but let's not forget that he's awesome when he's into it. He can be good. Just needs a kick in the ass or something. Don't make it sound like he was never a quality player to begin with. And he's gotten his face injured enough times for the supporters to avoid childish comments on how he's playing badly because he's worried about his pretty face and hair being touched. Other than being funny, those comments are really uncalled for. :lol:

gerard%20pique%20blood.jpg

pique--478x270.jpg

tumblr_m30o92rQ6O1qlpkzjo1_r1_250.gif

michi21

Hi! I see every barca's football match, but I don't think that pique is one of the most strong defender in the world, as someone says.
For me we need a defender very very rapid. thiago silva was perfect for me, unfortunately he was too expansive.
I often see pique has problem against rapid players!

Home of Barca Fans