Gerard Piqué

spark

Guys we should sell him with Fabregas.. two best friends out of this team. They are just shameful... Pique doesn't keep safe anymore our defense .
We absolutely need Hummels...
How come didn't Zubi bought this fuckin Thiago Silva ? What a defender..... seriously, he's the CR7 of defenders (cannot say messi lol).

As good as he is 42 million euros plus a 12 million salary for a 28- 29 year old defender is not viable for anyone but Man Citys and PSG's. We would have to be signing young Nesta. Everything else you are saying is over the top.

Stric

As much as selling Pique might seem reasonable after seeing him fail, it is far from a solution to our problem, and could easily backfire. If you don't count Abidal and Bartra, we need 2 new CBs as it is, imagine if we sold Pique, we'd need 3! Barca has been in dire need of a CB for years now, yet we haven't bought a single one. Do you honestly think we'd spend money on 2 or 3 CBs? Besides, imagine if we sold Pique, and he worked out the shit in his head and went on to be a kickass player for the team we sold him to. How would Barca feel then? Yes, selling a homegrown Catalan player who's been among the best CBs in the world for years and has been part of our and Spain's Liga, CL, EC, and WC winning teams, because he's currently off-form seems like a very reasonable idea, right? He's not a non-promising player. He's not genuinely not-good-enough. He's been underperforming for a while now, but he does have the skill, the quality and the potential to be great for Barca, and among the best CBs around. Easily. When he's at his best, he's pretty awesome. When he came back from injury in October/November, he was brilliant for a while. You should shuffle through the pages and see comments on his game then. His head is not in it right now and that's the only problem. He doesn't need to be sold, he needs to feel threatened. He needs someone to punch him in the face and tell him to wake the f*** up because he'll be benched/fined otherwise. You don't just sell a good player because he's performing badly at the moment.

And his second half last night was very good. Don't push it.

Last edited:
As much as selling Pique might seem reasonable after seeing him fail, it is far from a solution to our problem, and could easily backfire. If you don't count Abidal and Bartra, we need 2 new CBs as it is, imagine if we sold Pique, we'd need 3! Barca has been in dire need of a CB for years now, yet we haven't bought a single one. Do you honestly think we'd spend money on 2 or 3 CBs? Besides, imagine if we sold Pique, and he worked out the shit in his head and went on to be a kickass player for the team we sold him to. How would Barca feel then? Yes, selling a homegrown Catalan player who's been among the best CBs in the world for years and has been part of our and Spain's Liga, CL, EC, and WC winning teams, because he's currently off-form seems like a very reasonable idea, right? He's not a non-promising player. He's not genuinely not-good-enough. He's been underperforming for a while now, but he does have the skill, the quality and the potential to be great for Barca, and among the best CBs around. Easily. When he's at his best, he's pretty awesome. When he came back from injury in October/November, he was brilliant for a while. You should shuffle through the pages and see comments on his game then. His head is not in it right now and that's the only problem. He doesn't need to be sold, he needs to feel threatened. He needs someone to punch him in the face and tell him to wake the f*** up because he'll be benched/fined otherwise. You don't just sell a good player because he's performing badly at the moment.

This. There's no need to bench or sell him. I think giving him some competition (buying 2 CBs) will be enough. Or hell, maybe even simply finding the right CB to pair him with.

His problem is not a lack of talent. It's that he's under-performing too often.

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Imo he should work out more, he seems not that powerful and his heading is abysmal. Freaking pussy in the air! Defending as well as attacking. Why do we even bother to take corners if Puyol isn't on the pitch?

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Imo he should work out more, he seems not that powerful and his heading is abysmal. Freaking pussy in the air! Defending as well as attacking. Why do we even bother to take corners if Puyol isn't on the pitch?

I know, the way he got so easily pushed off the ball by Ibrahimovic was embarrassing, and for a center back he is one of the least threatening in the air I have ever seen and his heading is really mediocre if even that, he isn't very brave either so doesn't make up for it in any way. Wimp.

hellsangel1

He isn't a top-level player and i've been saying it for quite some time. He's just exposed now for what he really is. He's extremely poor on the ground and slow on his feet and on the turn. Opposing attackers get easily around him and after that either he lunges for a tackle, and usually against the better players either gives away a FK and/or getting himself a yellow card.

Y

Youngie

What this proves is Pique needs the best (Puyol & Sergio Ramos) by his side...

Xtroverto

I don't understand all this bashing on Pique, he is one of the best defenders this club has had the last 30-40 years. You want to talk about bad defenders? What about Cristanval, Dehu, Bogarde, Moratalla, Pedraza, Abelardo. Those were fucking jokes compared to Pique.

Meitux

I don't understand all this bashing on Pique, he is one of the best defenders this club has had the last 30-40 years. You want to talk about bad defenders? What about Cristanval, Dehu, Bogarde, Moratalla, Pedraza, Abelardo. Those were fucking jokes compared to Pique.
other times the players you mention.I have seen Pique been very good in like two seasons a bit of 2008-2009 he was very good 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 until then he has been very average

Xtroverto

other times the players you mention.I have seen Pique been very good in like two seasons a bit of 2008-2009 he was very good 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 until then he has been very average

Now or then it doesn't matter, beside Pique and Puyol, the only good central defender this club has seen since Nadal in the mid 90s is Marquez. A bunch have passed and all have failed, Couto, Blanc, Pellegrino, Bogarde, Dehu, Christanval, Coco, Andersson, Thuram, Milito, Caceres and Chygrynskiy, all of these came with the promise to fix the defense, they all unanimously failed.

Not to mention all the failed Full-backs and Wing-back, such illustrious names as Zambrotta, De Boer or Sorín.

FC Barcelona has a track record of failed defenders that deserves its own chapter in the guinness book of world records, it is that bad.

He most certainly was a top cb, but for whatever reason he has been playing far below his usual best for over a year now, he does not think when he plays anymore just runs around like a headless chicken, a slow headless chicken

Demon17

Maestro
Saw most people talking on how awful, scared and a poor CB he is, should we buy 2CB's in the summer? And sell Pique?

I'm alright with Pique, he's weak, inconsistent, slow to stop counterattacks. Specially vs Madrid we're like playing with 2 Full Backs that's it. None of our CB's is able to stop their counter-attacks. Respect to Puyol who served us for a long time but now it's time for him to hang up his boots

I think Puyol will play for at least one more season. and Piqué isn't so bad as to be sold, we could already fit in 2 more central defenders without him leaving

Home of Barca Fans